If Hd Leaves.

Falcons115

Since this thread has been hijacked into a mock draft discussion, Brandon Boykin

is getting attaboys at the Senior Bowl practices and when that happens they tend

to move up the draft board. I think he is going in the second round. He is a good

corner and has return skills. So we are not the only ones that know about him at

this point.

I dont think HD goes anywhere. He has like 84 career catches, so he wont be in the demand people think he is.

IF he is not kept though, I would love to bring in Eddie Royal to handle the kick returns and slot duties. Dont bother re-signing Weems then either, and let Meier or another youngster be the #4/5 guys.

HD is one of two guys on our team that can plant his foot in the ground, turn upfield, and score from pretty much anywhere on the field. if matty can hit him in stride that is. if HD goes, i could care less about this team. i hate to sound like a bandwagon fan, but i love that kid, and if the front office cant see why they need to hang onto him, then they just dont deserve my support, i give up on em.

but i do like the brandin Boykin pick, should be an instant starter and punt returner

lol at not liking 'your team' anymore if they get rid of the #3 WR, with 80 career catches.

I'd hope we draft a WR in the mid rounds, and Eric Page is the perfect slot/returner, nearly broke the record for returns for TDs, as a junior, I believe he had 5 in his 3 years, and was Toledo's only weapon well besides Adonis Thomas, who I really like as well, as a bruiser.

Back onto Page, in his 3 years at Toledo had 306 receptions, finished his career with 3,446 receiving yards, and 30 TD's in his 3 years in college, 5 of those being returning.

I hope he doesn't leave. With a new OC he should get more catches. But why draft a WR when their are other pressing needs? You can't be serious.

I'm beginning to think Meier isn't all he's cracked up to be. This board gives him major praise, but yet, he has 0 career catches.

I'm just thinking he's not going to be anything more than a special teamer.

With that being said, HD would be best suited to stay in Atlanta, and we let Weems walk. Kickoff returns are non-existant, and we could put a LB back there to watch the ball go over his head.

As far as punt returns...he calls for a fair catch waaaaay too often. I'd like for us to go after a Marquis Maze type player. (Yes, I am an Alabama fan)

89fan, the last time Atlanta had a really high powered offense, our #3 reciever never left the field, only problem with those teams they couldnt stop anybody. ive watched the falcons for forthy years dude, and ive seen alot of fan favorites leave and it didnt really bother me, but i honestly believe HD is special, he was a game changer at Louisville, and i think he could be here if used properly. if they let HD walk i think it will turn out worse than when the Braves let Bret Butler slip away.