And Yall Boys Wanna Cut Ryan? G T F O H

We had like 15 less penalties than you guys did this year, but there was also an inflation of penalties this year due to the shortened offseason.

Seeing as how im pretty sure we led the league in drops that year, i'd say yea we probably had more drops

AS for overthrows/miscommunications? I would say we SIGNIFICANTLY trumped you then. Eli didn't turn the corner of his career til the end of the 07 season. We have ALOT of route adjustments in our passing game, its basically our whole offense. Im sure we had ALOT more. And probably not as much bad routes because we had Toomer and Smith who were perfect route runners, but we also had Shockey and Plax who were pitiful at route running.

Ryan had a 5% better completion percentage than Eli did in 07 as well, so im sure ur offense was mor efficient.

I mean define whiff blocks, theres whiff blocks on every play. BUT I would say that the biggest difference between GIants 07 and u guys this year was OLine. We had a mean, healthy, vet line that kicked *** and took names later. Thats too general of a point to argue either way and really has no reason to be brought up at all.

Giants have notoriously been known for awful special teams.

Just saying that regular season play wise, u guys probably had a much better season than us. It came down to your offensive and defensive line not playing to par. The scary thing about it is that our OLine would be lucky to be mentioned as a top 10 OLine anymore

Ryan was in college in 2007 bro.

Prove to me you had more drops in 2007. I doubt it. That was our Joey, Leftwich, Redman year in a brand new system with our QB in Leavenworth. I doubt it. If you can prove it I will PayPal you $10. You can't. Trust me.

Now one question. Which defense was better in 2007? Falcons or NYG?

I tell you what. If Eli was on the 2007 or 2011 Falcon team his as would have been sittin home by the fire in January. Trust me bro.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simple to understand: Matt Ryan is a choker. He players above average during the regular season and puts up donuts in the playoffs. It's the same reason why Cowboy fans call for Tony Romo's head. We invested too much into the offense for him to be mediocre and collapse in the playoffs.

So does that make Peyton Manning a choker aswell I'm pretty sure it took him 5-6 seasons to win a play-off game..If that is your contention to say if Ryan is any good or not.

well i peeked at your past few drafts real fast and it seems like you guys have used high picks on OL and DL - u just haven't hit... so it seems like hes been on the right path and hasn't just hit.

But I don't know if getting those guys were considered reaches or not and u guys passed up on value for another position you could of used...

You did get a franchise QB who is off to a great start to his career. And as good as Jones is/can be, i just cant justify giving that much up for a WR

Jones will probably end up being my favorite Falcon ever, that said, I'm still not in love with the trade. Honestly, I think that was an Arthur Blank move more than a TD move. We needed a ticket selling playmaker. I think TD deserves a lot of criticism, I just think Smitty deserves more. There is plenty of talent on this team.

I see that happening here soon. We finally have some kind of foundation to do it. You guys have not had a roster like our 2007 roster in a LONG time, so you can afford to go BPA. We couldn't. We had to fill our needs first. It was the best strategy for the situation. But now that the holes remaining are dwindling, TD can take BPAs. The Julio trade was an example of this. He stockpiled his offense and there are only 2 holes remaining, LT and RG. He can fix LT in FA with Gaither. That leaves only 1 holes at RG for 1 pick. The other 5 picks, he can go BPA offense or defense and not be wrong.

I think how fast this team was turned around blinds people to the fact that this roster is not a complete project. 4 years is great for us to be where we are, but we still have room for a lot of improvement. Look at teams like Miami, St Louis, and other teams that have been rebuilding for years. We are almost to the point where TD can go BPA all draft like you guys. I think we do in 2013

well the reason was because of our offensive and defensive lines. I mean we made Derrick Ward look all pro. Our LBers and SEcondary that year were pretty pitiful, defensive line makes everthing look better.

There needs to be a balance of everything, but if you can't win the battle at the line your going to have a hard time winning when it counts...

While I don't think you guys were superbowl caliber this year, I think u were better than a 1 and done team. That goes for past couple of years. There is something to be said for the teams that knocked u out won the NFC. So it wasn't like we beat you and then got worked by the Packers. There is some truth in using that "excuse".

Its all about matchups. I mean as good as we have been the past 2 months playing wise, I still think if we went into NO we would of been skunked

Guest TheIdowu

he's gotta win that no holds barred kick boxing championship before he pitches that World series game.

No I'll get flamed for this but to me (after over 40 years of trapsing through the swamps with the Falocns)

10 to 15 yearrs of consective winng seasons is a much more savoring thought than 1 super bowl.

That's just me you are welcome to your opinion.

The Bucs come to mind.

Ryan was in college in 2007 bro.

Prove to me you had more drops in 2007. I doubt it. That was our Joey, Leftwich, Redman year in a brand new system with our QB in Leavenworth. I doubt it. If you can prove it I will PayPal you $10. You can't. Trust me.

Now one question. Which defense was better in 2007? Falcons or NYG?

I tell you what. If Eli was on the 2007 or 2011 Falcon team his as would have been sittin home by the fire in January. Trust me bro.

I don't got to prove anything to you, but Giants were absolutely top 3 in drops that year. It was a talking point i've made countless times in regarding Eli's play. IF you don't want to believe me thats fine, but if u can access the falcons message boards you can also access google and do your own footwork.

First off, you didn't even lead the league in drops THIS year. Out of the top 10, 6 were playoff teams.

And dropped passes you can group into miscommunications where WRs are running wrong routes. If you put that in, we SHITTED on your record. By styles of offense alone it would be hard for you guys to top that.

we were comparing Giants 2007 to Falcons 2011

Jones will probably end up being my favorite Falcon ever, that said, I'm still not in love with the trade. Honestly, I think that was an Arthur Blank move more than a TD move. We needed a ticket selling playmaker. I think TD deserves a lot of criticism, I just think Smitty deserves more. There is plenty of talent on this team.

def plenty of blame to go around, but I just don't think you had the talent on the line to make the splash.

I mean everybody goes by regular season stats and superbowl wins to justify success, but its really about the season after the regular season. You guys are fine tuned with the lines u have to have regular season success. Playoffs is another beast. If your not able to compete up front its going to be hard to compete...

unless you have Tom Brady and Billy B, but that isn't realistic. But even their line has done a decent job and their defensive front 7 have really stepped it up in their two playoff games

• 5 months later...

I can't believe the number of vulture clowns circling this board that wanna cut Ryan. Yall kiddin me right? And replace him with who? Brady? Brees? Rodgers? Vick? Montana? Good luck son.

Matty Melt aint nearly as bad as yall boys think he is. Trust me. I mean c'mon man:

4th - PFF.com Overall QB rating

5th - ESPN.com QBR rating

6th - passing TDs

6th - 3rd down completion%

7th - 2011 wins as a starter

7th - total completions

7th - DYAR

7th - DVOA

7th - AYPA

7th - WPA

8th - 40+ yard receptions

8th - NFL.com passer rating

8th - pass yards

8th - fourth quarter comebacks

8th - EPA/P

9th - WPA/G

9th - EPA

9th - 2011 playoff winning%

10th - 20+ yard receptions

10th - game winning drives

10th - SR%

The only key passing stats he didn't make the Top 10 in the league were:

11th - completion% (0.3% from Top 10)

14th - yards per attempt (0.4 yards per attempt from Top 10)

This despite having the second most drops of all QBs. Plus a shaky Oline.

His four year combined stats are in the Top 10. He also is a Pro Bowl QB that won a ROY award. And yall wanna cut him?

Bump to add more stats and some video footage for the clueless mofos on this board that think Ryan is not a Top 10 QB. That includes Jaws, Yas and all 16 of Swifty's personalities.

No.

Not "cut."

(Not yet)

Ryan still has value around the league in the minds of several less-than-eminent GMs (the elite wouldn't touch him).

But it's slipping fast.

He was 52 on "The List" last year.

But he's slipped off it.

And laid a goose egg in the playoff.

It's diminishing returns, folks,

And it's time to cash out.

You're like a roach, hard to get rid of.

No.

Not "cut."

(Not yet)

Ryan still has value around the league in the minds of several less-than-eminent GMs (the elite wouldn't touch him).

But it's slipping fast.

He was 52 on "The List" last year.

But he's slipped off it.

And laid a goose egg in the playoff.

It's diminishing returns, folks,

And it's time to cash out.

I hope every time you get almost to 100 posts the mods keep banning you so you and your other personalities can never start a thread on here again, I get so tired of your incessant babling like a broken record, If I were ever lucky enough to meet you face to face you would never post on this board again, I've lurked on this board for over 8 years, you inspired me to mock one of your personalities, but i swear I'm about ready to leave cause everytime I come here to read about my favorite team, been a fan since 1980, you and swift are starting crap every day.WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN, nobody cares for you here.

I hope every time you get almost to 100 posts the mods keep banning you so you and your other personalities can never start a thread on here again, I get so tired of your incessant babling like a broken record, If I were ever lucky enough to meet you face to face you would never post on this board again, I've lurked on this board for over 8 years, you inspired me to mock one of your personalities, but i swear I'm about ready to leave cause everytime I come here to read about my favorite team, been a fan since 1980, you and swift are starting crap every day.WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN, nobody cares for you here.

Things will get better when the season starts. I generally skip over those that aren't here as Falcons fans or at least can hold down an intelligent football conversation.

Prsonally for me he isn't african american enough. I amagine before uh game he listening to some ole maroon 5 and not 3 6 mafiuuuuuuhhhh which he should do. Then I'd like him$

What? Man you need to calm that type of attitude. Maybe THIS was a reverse and the reason why you LIKE him...because he ISN'T a Black man. I think you just unwittingly pulled your pants down on TATF.

No offense to Ryan, but that espn QBR thing is total garbage. Ryan is a good QB, and Espn can stick their stupid QBR.

Why do you hate it? It's better than the NFL Passer Rating which is completely flawed and made in the 70s so it was based on the averages of NFL QB's from the 70s which is why you see most of the QBs that played in this era making up most of the top 15 on the all-time list.

Why do you hate it? It's better than the NFL Passer Rating which is completely flawed and made in the 70s so it was based on the averages of NFL QB's from the 70s which is why you see most of the QBs that played in this era making up most of the top 15 on the all-time list.

Tell it bro.

ESPN QBR and PFF Rating >>>>>> NFL QB Rating.

Trust me.

Tell it bro.

ESPN QBR and PFF Rating >>>>>> NFL QB Rating.

Trust me.

The NFL is the only one that counts in the NFL. Here on AFMB the favorite will be the one that reflects whatever is best for our players. You know me man, I don't have the homer gene. If i were Ryan...I'd be red faced .38 hot with TD and this pas non-draft. He did Ryan NO favors here.

The NFL is the only one that counts in the NFL. Here on AFMB the favorite will be the one that reflects whatever is best for our players. You know me man, I don't have the homer gene. If i were Ryan...I'd be red faced .38 hot with TD and this pas non-draft. He did Ryan NO favors here.

Well you already know I'm not a huge TD fan. Decent in free agency and trades. Sucks monkey balls in a war room. Made a lot of questionable moves. Not really a big fan. Honestly think a message board group could do better. I'm not kidding folks.

As far as Ryan goes, even you need to rise up and give the boy his do. Buddy is definitely a

Top 10 National Football League Quarterback.

Trust me.

Even if you just want to use that Ryan is 13th all-time and 9th among active QBs. So he's still a top 10 QB even with that flawed and outdated stat.

Even if you just want to use that Ryan is 13th all-time and 9th among active QBs. So he's still a top 10 QB even with that flawed and outdated stat.

Ratings measure the number. I simply don't like that style of QB. Doubt it ever happens. Unless he starts winning in the post season...OR...we start planning our scheme around HIM instead of forcing HIM into a scheme.