Do We Need To Go All In In Fa's On One Side Of The Ball?

THE ICEMAN

I think we should pick one side Offense or Defense and go all in get 3 or 4 really good players and let some go instead filling in holes because we niether have a great defense or offense and if nothing else lets say get Mario Williams,Carlos Rodgers, keep Lofton and Grimes maybe add dashon goldson and hope Ray Edwards play better in a different system how good would the D be then?

It can be done look at the egales last year and the egales wouldn't have done it knowing they have to sign those guys in the future like shady Mccoy or Macklin they want to keep those guys it can be done its how much money does Aurthur Blank want to spend.

We have about 25-30 million right now with last years cap wich is expected to go up a liitle the Falcons can cut and redue some contracts to get around 40 mil maybe a little more in spending money against the cap for this year which is a ton. But like the Julio trade going forwards they would once again joepardize the future as we wouldn't have money to spend as far as the cap goes but it will be very intresting to see what they do.

Eh. I'd say mainly defense, except that we need to get Gaither. Besides him, re-signing all our main guys in the FA is big, as well as maybe trading Dunta and restructuring some contracts. If we have about 23 mil atm, cut baker and a few other people and we have 26. Restructure some contracts and we'll have 30. Trade Dunta and we have 36. That's enough to re-sign Grimes, Lofton, Abe, Douglas, Smith and Bier imho, and Gaither, Mathis, Griffin...rest is easy enough to get in the draft if we trade down our second pick to the Colts for their 3rd and 4th imho. We'd only really have one need, RG, and there are several great Gs in the midrounds, my favorite being Brooks. Then we can sign Turner and Gonzo's successers, a decent CB (Boykin sounds good), a late round DT, and the rest would be depth. Already know what I want but I doubt the FO would do all of it...