I Want A Logical Explanation As To Why Matt Is Bashed By Falcons Fans...

Guest Negatorris

You dont pass for 4000 yards without being "capable".

Ryan actually has a very resepctable passer rating against the blitz.

As for "no progress", he has led his team to the 2nd most win of any 4th yr QB in history. His pssing yardage, TDs and passer rating have also steadily improved every year, aside form his injury hit 2nd season.

Ryan is far from perfect, but what he is, is a good franchise QB who more than 2/3 of the rest of the NFL would be very happy to have

If we dump Ryan, who do we replace him with? We're not in a position to draft a replacement, and probably won't be next year unless we throw the season.

Yeah, but he can't run fast!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's easy, because fans wants him to be the next Drew Brees, and he isn't....Fans look at the whole league and see the elite teams (all have outstanding QB's), and compare to Ryan. It's not Ryan fault. Now I'm not a Ryan homer nor I'm all over his jock, but when people say we need a new QB and quickly ask them who they want, and funny they don't have an answer.

The answer is we want a QB that can throw accurately and when he has to run for it, run for it. Ryan doesn't know how to run anymore..... or he's too afraid to do it. Marietta has the Big Chicken and we're stuck with our big chicken, Ryan.

The answer is we want a QB that can throw accurately and when he has to run for it, run for it. Ryan doesn't know how to run anymore..... or he's too afraid to do it. Marietta has the Big Chicken and we're stuck with our big chicken, Ryan.

I agree. Let's see if we can get Peyton Manning and Tom Brady to help him with his mobility!

Ryan is bashed by a lot of you idiots like he is Blaine Gabbert. Apparently playoff wins depict a QBs skill because it has been SOOOO true throughout history. Big Ben must be way better than Brees and Rodgers.

Many of you hate on Ryan more than Jags fans hate Gabbert. It's ridiculous. By the stupid logic on these boards you all want Tebow and Yates over Ryan. It would you rather have Sanchize?

I have yet to see a logical reason stating why the man who dug this team from a hole in bus first year is such a horrible QB that will never win a SB according to you Ryan haters. Is it because he isn't flashy? I'm curious.

Because he deserves it just like anyoneelse.

Sure, go ask Peyton Manning. You just described his first 4 seasons in the league perfectly!

I hope your kidding. I've said this before but Manning was Lebron James before he got his ring. Winning individual awards left and right and a consensus superstar around the nation, but couldn't produce in the playoffs.

Ryan is still on the B list AND can't do nothing in the playoffs so nobody is really giving him any attention outside of the fanbase.

So yea don't disrespect a Future HOF by comparing him to Ryan. Your making this fanbase look bad.

I hope your kidding. I've said this before but Manning was Lebron James before he got his ring. Winning individual awards left and right and a consensus superstar around the nation, but couldn't produce in the playoffs.

Ryan is still on the B list AND can't do nothing in the playoffs so nobody is really giving him any attention outside of the fanbase.

So yea don't disrespect a Future HOF by comparing him to Ryan. Your making this fanbase look bad.

Just because Manning is a future hall of famer does not mean you should ignore his past performances. Manning, like Ryan was 0-3 in the playoffs. In his 3rd playoff appearance, the final score as 0-41...........0-41.I take a 21-48 or 2-24 beating all day over a 0-41 shutout.

Here's my logical argument about why I don't think Matt Ryan will ever lead us to the Superbowl....but before I present that I want to officially say I'm not a fan of #7 - and was tickled pink when we drafted Ryan over Dorsey. Also - with what I'm going to say - I will also admit that Ryan is probably the best QB we've ever had. If this was 15 years ago - I would feel totally different about Ryan's ability to take us to the big show. However - here are my concerns:

1st - There is no doubting the fact that Matt Ryan is a cerebral QB - he is very intelligent. However - I honestly don't think his arm is strong enough to make the throws when our WR's are on the move. His ball simply has a float to it - which basically means he has to hit guys on a timing pattern as they are running across the field. The reason that is not good enough is because this is the NFL - and you have to be a gunslinger to get these balls in tight areas. Nothing could prove this point more than the New Orleans game at New Orleans. They showed a replay of both the TD from Ryan to Jones (or was it White? - can't remember) and the TD from Brees to Graham. The Brees thrown ball did not change planes at all. The Ryan ball definitely did. This is what is preventing Ryan from taking that next step to Elite IMO.

2nd - I don't know that Ryan has the nutz to make some of the plays he has to make. He is ultra conservative - and stays away from contact - which is smart to a large degree - but in a big game (i.e. 3 different times in the playoff game) he shied away from contact in a big way. Those 2 QB sneaks were horrible as he didn't even push his momentum the right way - heck my 9 year old baseball team knows about momentum!!!!! Also that run where he slid WAY early was not good. He had more yards to get - and in a playoff game - every yard is criticial.

Lastly - I think his conservative nature is the reason he does the check downs to the short WR. We will find out with the new coordinator who basically has said he hates curls and likes a vertical passing game. If we see the same stuff - then it will be Ryan who is the conservative player - as we've seen with his running "attempts".

With all this being said - I think Ryan is a great QB - but he is not on the elite level - and we don't have a defense (i.e. Ravens, Bucs when they went) that will take us to the big dance without needing stellar QB play.

Just because Manning is a future hall of famer does not mean you should ignore his past performances. Manning, like Ryan was 0-3 in the playoffs. In his 3rd playoff appearance, the final score as 0-41...........0-41.I take a 21-48 or 2-24 beating all day over a 0-41 shutout.

I take it my Lebron comment went over your head. Ryan hasn't done anything worthy of national recognition compared to Manning. Manning just sucks in the playoffs that's the only thing you can say about him.

Actually you're making the fanbase look bad. Its perfectly normal for people to be homer's for their team, especially on their home team's Message board. This isn't NFL.com or ESPN.com or wherever you get your sports news. Go look at any poll ESPN or CNN or FOX has done. They'll ask a question to the nation " Who's going to win this week, Georgia or Florida?" Then when you check how the votes have gone across the country the votes in Georgia and Florida will be heavily favored for their state.

Its perfectly natural to be a homer and overhype your players somewhat. You and all the haters like you are the ones who make the fanbase look bad. This is the Atlanta Falcons Message Board, homerism should be expected.

Here's my logical argument about why I don't think Matt Ryan will ever lead us to the Superbowl....but before I present that I want to officially say I'm not a fan of #7 - and was tickled pink when we drafted Ryan over Dorsey. Also - with what I'm going to say - I will also admit that Ryan is probably the best QB we've ever had. If this was 15 years ago - I would feel totally different about Ryan's ability to take us to the big show. However - here are my concerns:

1st - There is no doubting the fact that Matt Ryan is a cerebral QB - he is very intelligent. However - I honestly don't think his arm is strong enough to make the throws when our WR's are on the move. His ball simply has a float to it - which basically means he has to hit guys on a timing pattern as they are running across the field. The reason that is not good enough is because this is the NFL - and you have to be a gunslinger to get these balls in tight areas. Nothing could prove this point more than the New Orleans game at New Orleans. They showed a replay of both the TD from Ryan to Jones (or was it White? - can't remember) and the TD from Brees to Graham. The Brees thrown ball did not change planes at all. The Ryan ball definitely did. This is what is preventing Ryan from taking that next step to Elite IMO.

2nd - I don't know that Ryan has the nutz to make some of the plays he has to make. He is ultra conservative - and stays away from contact - which is smart to a large degree - but in a big game (i.e. 3 different times in the playoff game) he shied away from contact in a big way. Those 2 QB sneaks were horrible as he didn't even push his momentum the right way - heck my 9 year old baseball team knows about momentum!!!!! Also that run where he slid WAY early was not good. He had more yards to get - and in a playoff game - every yard is criticial.

Lastly - I think his conservative nature is the reason he does the check downs to the short WR. We will find out with the new coordinator who basically has said he hates curls and likes a vertical passing game. If we see the same stuff - then it will be Ryan who is the conservative player - as we've seen with his running "attempts".

With all this being said - I think Ryan is a great QB - but he is not on the elite level - and we don't have a defense (i.e. Ravens, Bucs when they went) that will take us to the big dance without needing stellar QB play.

1. He can hit the weights and improve his arm strength.

2. He is not conservative. Go look at his numbers in college. He didn't have i987234987234 interceptions because he was conservative. Mike Mularkey was conservative. Mike Smith was conservative.

It amazes me that some people still don't understand that qb's will be nothing but inconsistent, if they are playing behind poor offensive lines. There is no way around this. If a team can get pressure up the middle (thanks Hawley!), they are going to ruin a qb's day. Add in pressure from the blind side (eat **** Baker/see ya Svitek) and it is no wonder that he wanted to get rid of the ball.

For the record, the top 5 strongest arms in the NFL are going to be watching the superbowl from home this year. It is not terribly important.

Actually you're making the fanbase look bad. Its perfectly normal for people to be homer's for their team, especially on their home team's Message board. This isn't NFL.com or ESPN.com or wherever you get your sports news. Go look at any poll ESPN or CNN or FOX has done. They'll ask a question to the nation " Who's going to win this week, Georgia or Florida?" Then when you check how the votes have gone across the country the votes in Georgia and Florida will be heavily favored for their state.

Its perfectly natural to be a homer and overhype your players somewhat. You and all the haters like you are the ones who make the fanbase look bad. This is the Atlanta Falcons Message Board, homerism should be expected.

So your saying it's ok to disrespect an NFL great on the basis of being a blind homer? Don't get mad at me because I like to keep up with everything NFL related. Not venturing outside of the Falcon box will only get you ridicoulous remarks like rogue50 has given.

Speaking of which....do you agree with that guy? I know Paulitik does.

I take it my Lebron comment went over your head. Ryan hasn't done anything worthy of national recognition compared to Manning. Manning just sucks in the playoffs that's the only thing you can say about him.

Not really, minus what he did in his rookie year, most of his big time NFL accomplishments did not come until the 2004 season (his seventh year, you can look it up.)

Edited by jacobi

There is no logical explination. I'm a Ryan supporter, the only things I've ever heard is "he" hasn't ever won a playoff game, the other players on the team be ****. And he doesn't have a strong enough arm.

Looks at his stats, look at they way he has driven the team. When the playoffs start, everybody, offense, defense, special teams and coaches all need to be on the same page and playing well. We've alway had problems with this defense. We've seen notice how much the screen game is missing. We've seen how much the Falcons suck when MM calls in the plays vs. the no huddle. Those things are magnified and cause you to get bounced in the playoffs.

So your saying it's ok to disrespect an NFL great on the basis of being a blind homer? Don't get mad at me because I like to keep up with everything NFL related. Not venturing outside of the Falcon box will only get you ridicoulous remarks like rogue50 has given.

Speaking of which....do you agree with that guy? I know Paulitik does.

The only disrespecting that goes on on this board is towards Ryan. Or do you not see all the threads about him pissing on himself or people making stupid names for Ryan. I havn't seen anyone disrespect any other QB on this message board. For that matter like I said, this is the Atlanta Falcons Message Board. I guarantee you if you go to every message board from the other 31 teams they will all hype their players up over anyone elses. Its normal its human nature. It doesn't matter if you keep up with stuff outside of the NFL. Post your hate about our QB in those forums outside of the Falcons. There is absolutely no logical reason for Ryan to get the hate he does especially on this message board.

Edited by ltstorm2

Not really, most of his NFL accomplishments did not come until the 2004 season (his seventh year, you can look it up.)

He had 3 pro bowls and was 2nd-team all pro twice. 3-4 years he passed for over 4000 yards. Like I said he was a known commodity around the league. You guys are really serious comparing this dude to a great.

SMH

The only disrespecting that goes on on this board is towards Ryan. Or do you not see all the threads about him pissing on himself or people making stupid names for Ryan. I havn't seen anyone disrespect any other QB on this message board. For that matter like I said, this is the Atlanta Falcons Message Board. I guarantee you if you go to every message board from the other 31 teams they will all hype their players up over anyone elses. Its normal its human nature. It doesn't matter if you keep up with stuff outside of the NFL. Post your hate about our QB in those forums outside of the Falcons. There is absolutely no logical reason for Ryan to get the hate he does especially on this message board.

That's a heart felt response but you didn't answer my question. Do you agree with what that dude said?

What is this idiot saying? Is he talking about Peyton? Peyton was Matt Ryan in his 4th year, but with more picks and less wins. This idiot thinks we are going to trade for Peyton Manning and that we are going to dump Matt Ryan, when the knock on Peyton his first 5 years is exactly what his beef with Matt Ryan is. It doesn't get any more stupid than that.

dump the guy who didn't win a playoff game in his first 4 years for a guy with a defected neck that couldn't win one in his first 5.

Peyton is awesome, but his era is over.

There is no logical explination. I'm a Ryan supporter, the only things I've ever heard is "he" hasn't ever won a playoff game, the other players on the team be ****. And he doesn't have a strong enough arm.

Looks at his stats, look at they way he has driven the team. When the playoffs start, everybody, offense, defense, special teams and coaches all need to be on the same page and playing well. We've alway had problems with this defense. We've seen notice how much the screen game is missing. We've seen how much the Falcons suck when MM calls in the plays vs. the no huddle. Those things are magnified and cause you to get bounced in the playoffs.

I don't comment on the playoff wins just like I don't bring up regular season wins. All of that are team statistics. If you really believe that then you better not talk about him "winning" games during the regular season or else your a hypocrite.

I've heard the MM talk the past 2-3 years and he's finally gone so I don't want to hear anything about playcalling anymore. Time for excuses is over.

I don't know what dude said.

Huh????

How do you not know what he said if you replied to me when my posts were directed towards him to start out with? The guy was basically saying Ryan and Manning were on equal standings after 4 years which is laughable to say the least. But it's whatever

Edit: Whether you agree with him or not at least your not hiding like Pauli. He want's to hide like the chump he is and then throw shots without backing them up.

Edited by Atl/0

What is this idiot saying? Is he talking about Peyton? Peyton was Matt Ryan in his 4th year, but with more picks and less wins. This idiot thinks we are going to trade for Peyton Manning and that we are going to dump Matt Ryan, when the knock on Peyton his first 5 years is exactly what his beef with Matt Ryan is. It doesn't get any more stupid than that.

dump the guy who didn't win a playoff game in his first 4 years for a guy with a defected neck that couldn't win one in his first 5.

Peyton is awesome, but his era is over.

Peyton is awesome, but I'd have to be a desperate GM to roll the dice on that neck of his. I really hope I don't see Manning on the turf motionless next year.

This is the QB the Falcons drafted in 2008 and maybe MM or Smitty sucked the life out of him and made him be more conservative but this is the guy I want to see. For all of you guys who think Ryan is afraid to run, check out the 3:48 mark.

Peyton is awesome, but I'd have to be a desperate GM to roll the dice on that neck of his. I really hope I don't see Manning on the turf motionless next year.

He needs to just retire. He has nothing left to prove on the field since his legacy is set in stone. There's no point risking your life for no reason out there. To what you were responding to though I've never said anything of that nature that's why that clown is ducking my posts.

I think even the biggest homer Falcon fan realizes that Ryan isn't great but is still good. Why bash good? Bash Baker, Peria Jerry, Reynolds, etc bash the people who deserve to be bashed. Talking trash about a player just because he isn't elite is really silly to me especially from within our own fanbase.

There are certain posters who show up only to post negative articles written about the Falcons. That's fine, but why not post the positive ones also unless you're "hating"?

Threads like FF1970 one is why homers are so darn silly. They admit Ryan isn't there and then make a thread saying he is when he clearly isn't close. They say one thing but like Ryan, they are satisfied with playoff appearances and a QB who doesn't look like trouble.