Please Fix Both O And D Lines. Pretty Please

When you are unable to move the ball 2 inches on a critical play.

When your pass rush is nonexistent

When your QB doesn't have time to set up and deliver a pass down field.

When you are getting gassed off tackle

When you have a dominant back and you cannot create a small crease for him

When your first round draft choice gets man handled by opposing defensive lines

When you think you are better than you really are

It's time to do something about it.

Tyson Clabo is not very good. Sam Baker is horrible. Justin Blaylock is not very good.

Babs is ok. Jerry is a joke, Edwards was a waste of time, money and space. Kroy B. really. Sidbury you have to be kidding.

Lets take a look at this. What Thomas D placed on the field was a joke. Every team starts and ends in the trenches. Spend the money where it needs to be spent. Drafting Sam Baker alone should have resulted in TD being fired, but giving up draft choices to get that bum is just down right despicable.

Please focus on the lines this off season free agency and draft with an emphasis on real size and talent.

What's really disgusting about the situation is the fact that early on, beginning with preseason, we fans could see where we were lacking. The few games we did play well, we didn't do it for 4 full qtrs.

Why didn't the head coach demand better performance from this team of highly paid supposed professionals. If he did rant and rage, apparently no one was listening. Mr. Blank must have held out hope that things would get better. I realize we made the playoffs. Part of that was because a couple of teams in our division were really bad. Had we played consistent ball we could have gone much further this season. Let's hope things will improve with the changes taking place. You can't place the blame on any one person for the past season. Maybe during the off season enough positive things will happen that will result in what Atlanta fans have been waiting for for a long time now....................a super bowl bound team.

When you are unable to move the ball 2 inches on a critical play.

When your pass rush is nonexistent

When your QB doesn't have time to set up and deliver a pass down field.

When you are getting gassed off tackle

When you have a dominant back and you cannot create a small crease for him

When your first round draft choice gets man handled by opposing defensive lines

When you think you are better than you really are

It's time to do something about it.

Tyson Clabo is not very good. Sam Baker is horrible. Justin Blaylock is not very good.

Babs is ok. Jerry is a joke, Edwards was a waste of time, money and space. Kroy B. really. Sidbury you have to be kidding.

Lets take a look at this. What Thomas D placed on the field was a joke. Every team starts and ends in the trenches. Spend the money where it needs to be spent. Drafting Sam Baker alone should have resulted in TD being fired, but giving up draft choices to get that bum is just down right despicable.

Please focus on the lines this off season free agency and draft with an emphasis on real size and talent.

I have been screaming about Clabo calling him a probowl fraud for a year now---he is an old school flat-footed fatty

Edited by Nono

What's sad about the Falcons in general is that we fans have recognized from the very beginning what needed to be fixed. It began with losing the preseason games and never getting much better. We fans witnessed all the bad play on the field. A few games where we had a good quarter of solid football, we never kept it up for all 4 qtrs. Shouldn't our coaches have done something before it became too late?

What's sad about the Falcons in general is that we fans have recognized from the very beginning what needed to be fixed. It began with losing the preseason games and never getting much better. We fans witnessed all the bad play on the field. A few games where we had a good quarter of solid football, we never kept it up for all 4 qtrs. Shouldn't our coaches have done something before it became too late?

Think of it as this "your the Falcons FO at a bar, its late and you want to "score" so see the 6.5-7 standing there. She will definitely get you there but she is isn't as exciting as the flashy blonde who may not go all the way. You choose the explosive and lay all your cards on the table only to find out you made the wrong choice cause you took here home and she wet the bed, while the 6.5 was doing her thing.

In short the Falcons Whiffed on by going for Explosive

Think of it as this "your the Falcons FO at a bar, its late and you want to "score" so see the 6.5-7 standing there. She will definitely get you there but she is isn't as exciting as the flashy blonde who may not go all the way. You choose the explosive and lay all your cards on the table only to find out you made the wrong choice cause you took here home and she wet the bed, while the 6.5 was doing her thing.

Moral of the story: the front office should sleep with all the players before deciding which one to marry or marry the ugly one because she will at least try.

Moral of the story: the front office should sleep with all the players before deciding which one to marry or marry the ugly one because she will at least try.

Possibly, had TD slept with Baker prior to the draft, maybe he would have realized that he came up a bit short and PJ, well a bit too long in the tooth ph34r.png

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Who was that o-line coach Leeman Bennets 1st year he made them do 2 a days until a week before 1st pre-season game, only the o-line, they had to feel persecuted,but when they recoverd by the regular season they blew defenses off the ball in the second half all year.bill somebody following year didn't do it line sufferd

What- that's a bad thing?

Ohhh you mean something different....nevermind.

Today's playoff games featured some hard nosed performances by each teams offensive and defensive line.

Look at what Nada did for B-More or Vince W's performance for the Pats.

You then look at the Giants offensive and defensive lines.

San Fran's O and D lines.

It all starts of up front. If Thomas D can't see that then he needs to be fired. I was so upset when we traded up for Sam Baker. I knew that guy couldn't play when he was drafted and it goes to prove it.

San Fran was smart to draft to O linemen in the same draft with high draft picks. It's paying off for them. They drafted tough hard nosed guys. Who do we draft? Garbage guys with great attitudes. I'm so frustrated that we (Falcons) can't be elite. It's always some gimmic system with us. The run and shoot, the Gritz Blitz, the west coast offense, the 3-4 oh no the 4-3. There is never consistent plan to build a hard nosed football team.

What are we now. Oh we want good guys. We want sorry *** players from Montana. Really. MONTANA!!

Give me a freaken break.

Draft from the SEC, PAC10, Big12 and Big 10. Get real players. Remove your stupid black dots and take the best player on the board.

"We will take a needs based approach to our draft", per TD.... A bunch of ********. We needed more than a wide out.

Sorry if I sound angry...IT'S BECAUSE I AM. I LOVE MY FALCONS FOR LIFE. I WANT MORE OUT OF THEM.

Today's playoff games featured some hard nosed performances by each teams offensive and defensive line.

Look at what Nada did for B-More or Vince W's performance for the Pats.

You then look at the Giants offensive and defensive lines.

San Fran's O and D lines.

It all starts of up front. If Thomas D can't see that then he needs to be fired. I was so upset when we traded up for Sam Baker. I knew that guy couldn't play when he was drafted and it goes to prove it.

San Fran was smart to draft to O linemen in the same draft with high draft picks. It's paying off for them. They drafted tough hard nosed guys. Who do we draft? Garbage guys with great attitudes. I'm so frustrated that we (Falcons) can't be elite. It's always some gimmic system with us. The run and shoot, the Gritz Blitz, the west coast offense, the 3-4 oh no the 4-3. There is never consistent plan to build a hard nosed football team.

What are we now. Oh we want good guys. We want sorry *** players from Montana. Really. MONTANA!!

Give me a freaken break.

Draft from the SEC, PAC10, Big12 and Big 10. Get real players. Remove your stupid black dots and take the best player on the board.

"We will take a needs based approach to our draft", per TD.... A bunch of ********. We needed more than a wide out.

Sorry if I sound angry...IT'S BECAUSE I AM. I LOVE MY FALCONS FOR LIFE. I WANT MORE OUT OF THEM.

I feel your pain man.

What's really disgusting about the situation is the fact that early on, beginning with preseason, we fans could see where we were lackiing

This is what gets me. They knew Sam Baker was iffy at best. They knew they were plugging in a nobody at right guard. Yet, it was completely obvious that they hadn't prepared themselves for the prospect of having to cope with a pass rush that was dominating the offensive line. This was evident in the first game of the season. A smarter coordinator (Smith is not free of blame), would have developed wrinkles in the game plan, like screens. This is inexcusable. I still don't understand that, and I don't think I ever will. Stupidity or stubbornness, I don't know.....

I don't sign off on this in every case. Some of the players you criticize are

better than you say but in general the o-line has not been addressed.

Boudreau did himself a disservice in 2008 patching it together so we focused on

other things and left him without the manpower he needed. I see us at the top of

our game until we get that group jacked up with more talent. A left tackle is a start

for this year. Svitek could probably handle right guard for awhile.

It's been suggested here before, but instead of writing off Sam Baker and going crazy on Carl Nicks, try Baker at RG.

Sam Baker is a possible solution at right guard as you say. That is not popular but he has a body to play guard

and never was ideal at tackle. He had about two plays at guard and that is not enough to prove anything. I liked

the way Svitek played for the most part. Reynolds was villified but I tend to think our run blocking got worse rather

than better after he was replaced. We have the parts to fix right guard.

I don't see a suitable left tackle on our roster.