Joe Paterno

Xx FaLcOhoLiC Xx

It obviously depends upon the circumstances.....

In their prime both of my elderly parents were intelligent, engaging functioning people. My pop is now in the latter stages of Alzheimer's Disease. All the years of living with him and taking care of him have dulled my mom's senses too.

I have spent the last 4 months getting them into an assisted living facility only a couple of miles away from me so that they'll be given constant good care.

I'm sorry to hear that Gritz, we complain about dropped balls and missed blocks and things like that, the big picture is football is entertainment and nothing more, what you are talking about is real life, you can't just turn off the TV so to speak.

I hope things get better for you and your family, I'm not the most religious person in the world but I will be praying that things get better for you and your parents.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, how can we be so heartless as to think about the welfare of multiple young men being sexually abused?

We really need to check ourselves.

he didn't do it! when he was told about it he reported it to his superiors! he lost hs job and his life! maybe he didn't do enough to satisfy everyone but that doesn't mean you can forget about all the good things he did for tons of ppl. he was worshiped on that campus for a reason. he gave millions to that school to make it a better place so ppl could better their lives! he gave back to the community all the time. he was a good man that made a bad decision not a monster. most ppl are more mad a Paterno than they are at the man who ACTUALLY DID THE MOLLESTING!

I'm sorry to hear that Gritz, we complain about dropped balls and missed blocks and things like that, the big picture is football is entertainment and nothing more, what you are talking about is real life, you can't just turn off the TV so to speak.

I hope things get better for you and your family, I'm not the most religious person in the world but I will be praying that things get better for you and your parents.

Thanks GAFALCONFAN.....I appreciate that. These past few months have been the toughest of my life...but my faith and a really good support system have gotten me through it.

.....most ppl are more mad a Paterno than they are at the man who ACTUALLY DID THE MOLLESTING!

Not informed people. Most intelligent discussion I have heard or read about this puts the blame where it should be...on Sandusky.

Man. This is crazy. Now they are saying that he spilled the beans about everything while he was on his dying bed

Where did you hear that....and what did he supposedly say?

It's just a rumor. They just said that he supposedly confessed to everything as he laid there. Sure no one is gonna come out and admit it if it is true.

Of course not. That family handled JP like a valuable commodity. First, it didn't happen - second, even if it did no one outside the family would know.

It was all about image, and Mr. Joe did not want any hint of this activity being associated with Penn State football, and just wanted it all to go away. It almost did go away, and went on after Mr. Joe was informed about this. First thing he should of done was start and internal investigation after insisting he and his staff member went the police, and not allowed that filth anywhere around the football facilities. Why was not the boy identified and the mother notified? Their all scum, even the person that witnesses the event. Screw football! These kids will go on with life as a shell of a person.

Would Mr. Joe have hesitated to punish a player for a DUI and then go to the press bragging about what a great player he was, saying that we had to discipline for his behavior. It is all about show.

Mr. Joe is a little man and deserves to be rembered for what he was......NOTHING.

I think that unless anybody was in the meeting room at Penn State with the board, then we all just need to sit back and relax!In all honesty, nobody on here really knows what happened with any of it. What we do know is that a man died, and everybody just needs to say a little prayer one way or the other for the family