If You Could Have Just One Guy To Fix Our Problems...?

JayOzOne

The Birds have a few needs; every team does. Most would suggest we could use help on the DL, secondary, and OL more than other units. Since football is a sport that is heavily based upon dynamics (one aspect of the team’s performance positively affecting the other areas), pick one position that a rock-solid, best-in-the-game ever, player could impact his unit so much, it’d make the Falcons better as a result.

For example, if we could somehow find Deion Sanders’ clone, it would help the linebackers and DL immensely and consequently give the offense more opportunities to score. If we had the second coming of Bruce Smith, it would make our secondary much better. If we had a player like Anthony Munoz, it would help the passing game take off. I didn’t mention running backs, QB, or LBs, but there are many examples for every position.

Which position would you like to see superman play that would affect the entire team? The player you pick would be the only addition to the roster, so if you would rather have Walter Payton than Michael Turner, would Payton be so much better than Turner that he could make our OL, QB, and defense better?

Personally, I’d love to see a killer defensive end. No slam against Abe, but if we had a truly elite, hall of fame caliber pass rusher, it would make all of the other players better on defense. I know our DBs aren’t the best unit, but I submit they would excel if they had the ball rushing out of the QBs’ hands because of constant pressure. Plus, the rest of the line would benefit due to that guy being double and triple teamed. Thoughts?

Do you think a strong safety could help the rest of the team to the degree that I mentioned? I don't know if Peters, Jerry, Babs, or Edwards would benefit as much from a safety as Moore would benefit from a stud DE.

I think Troy is athletic enough to play FS on any given day. He is 100X better than DeCoud. He would more than take away almost all those TD's and missed tackles that were given up by DeCoud.

BTW, I thought the question was "if you could have just one player" meaning I

I think Troy is athletic enough to play FS on any given day. He is 100X better than DeCoud. He would more than take away almost all those TD's and missed tackles that were given up by DeCoud.

BTW, I thought the question was "if you could have just one player" meaning I

That was the question. Just trying to prompt discussion. Good points, BTW.

That was the question. Just trying to prompt discussion. Good points, BTW.

Getting another DE wont really solve much unless he was automatically named the starter. If we were to keep Abe, that wont happen. If anything, a disruptive DT would be more important. Imagine a line with a healthy Abe, Babz, Suh and Edwards. We would see the same Edwards that we saw in Minnesota

Getting another DE wont really solve much unless he was automatically named the starter. If we were to keep Abe, that wont happen. If anything, a disruptive DT would be more important. Imagine a line with a healthy Abe, Babz, Suh and Edwards. We would see the same Edwards that we saw in Minnesota

Honestly, I miss Rod Coleman in his prime. He could help this squad a lot.