At Least 1 Fan Is Grateful For Mullarkey!

Rev_Hal

While I definitely agree that it was time to make a change, I am grateful for the time MM was here. Regardless of what people want to admit, we are right in the middle of the best era in Falcon's history. Mularkey was a huge part of that.

Mularkey, while with the Steelers, was able to move the ball and score when he had no quarterback. He always was able to use the players he had to the best of their abilities. Did he do that here? You can make an argument either way.

But as far as I am concerned. I want to thank MM for his 4 years here and the part he had in turning this franchise around. He was rewarded by getting another head coaching shot, and I hope he does well. I wish him nothing but success, especially if the Jags play the Saints.

Thanks Mike. At least 1 fan is grateful you were here!

Excellent post.

I can agree with the part about him being a good coordinator for Ryan when Ryan first got here....and I can also be somewhat appreciative of his service here....but in all honesty overall I will think of a couple of years of Ryan's, Turner's, Gonzo's and Roddy's careers wasted because of Mularkey's ego, refusal to adapt on the fly and ego.

His game planning for the Giants was abysmal.....and his comments since leaving the Falcons haven't exactly endeared his memory to me either.

You know what? Forget the first part of this post.

Screw him. He was well paid. He wasn't volunteering his services. He coasted the last couple of years.

I can agree with the part about him being a good coordinator for Ryan when Ryan first got here....and I can also be somewhat appreciative of his service here....but in all honesty overall I will think of a couple of years of Ryan's, Turner's, Gonzo's and Roddy's careers wasted because of Mularkey's ego, refusal to adapt on the fly and ego.

His game planning for the Giants was abysmal.....and his comments since leaving the Falcons haven't exactly endeared his memory to me either.

Screw him. He was well paid. He wasn't volunteering his services. He coasted the last couple of years.

thats all we have for you today folks, hope you enjoyed the show. drive safe.

Mularkey was dead to me when I read that his first comments after the Falcons drafting Julio Jones were how excited he (Mularkey) was about Julio's blocking ability.

That's like a naked Beyonce serving you breakfast in bed and you're stoked because the orange juice is cold.

I cannot express to you how wrong you are. You know about Mike's work ethic? You were at the Branch and saw him slacking off? You know this for a fact?

I would love for you to look Mike Smith in the eye and tell him that MM coasted for 2 years. Eyesight really is overrated.

Mularkey was dead to me when I read that his first comments after the Falcons drafting Julio Jones were how excited he (Mularkey) was about Julio's blocking ability.

That's like a naked Beyonce serving you breakfast in bed and you're stoked because the orange juice is cold.

LOL, that is classic!

I cannot express to you how wrong you are. You know about Mike's work ethic? You were at the Branch and saw him slacking off? You know this for a fact?

I would love for you to look Mike Smith in the eye and tell him that MM coasted for 2 years. Eyesight really is overrated.

I wasn't specifically talking about the hours he put in....although I can't imagine he was burning the midnight oil to come up with " Turner-off tackle, Turner-off tackle, Roddy-6 yard square out, punt."

When I say coast I mean that the last couple of years it appeared to me that Mularkey constricted the playbook instead of expanding it....

Did you watch Mularkey's press conference when he was being introduced in Jacksonville? I watched all of it. He was a little snarky towards Atlanta's talent in a couple of answers....protecting himself and throwing Atlanta's talent under the bus.

Haha Good one!

I kind of played that down at the time thinking he was trying not to make Julio too full of himself but past or present that is a pretty ridiculous statement. It's like being excited about a punter's ability to tackle.

While I definitely agree that it was time to make a change, I am grateful for the time MM was here. Regardless of what people want to admit, we are right in the middle of the best era in Falcon's history. Mularkey was a huge part of that.

Mularkey, while with the Steelers, was able to move the ball and score when he had no quarterback. He always was able to use the players he had to the best of their abilities. Did he do that here? You can make an argument either way.

But as far as I am concerned. I want to thank MM for his 4 years here and the part he had in turning this franchise around. He was rewarded by getting another head coaching shot, and I hope he does well. I wish him nothing but success, especially if the Jags play the Saints.

Thanks Mike. At least 1 fan is grateful you were here!

cat_cool_story_bro3.jpg?w=595

lol...j/k (kinda)

i often think about what we could have been after the Vick situation. We could easily be stuck in the middle of a decade long rebuilding process, so i'm grateful for him having a part in 4 winning seasons,however, i also think about what we could have become, last year at 13-3, home field, & even this year with the talent, the addition of Julio. It seems MM along with others ( i don't put it all on him) just never made that next step, & with that i'm very dissapointed.So I'm glad we made a change

dude honestly, your an administrator on these boards, is this how you treat people who ask a simple question?

was it offensive, was it rude? Isnt that what your job of being an Administrator is?

Im not an Admin or a MOD, and thus it gives me great pleasure to

tell ou to STFU.

Freaking newb trying to roll up on a MOD that is funny because

the MODs are not going to shred your azz like the rest of us.

I've never understood how 99% of the fanbase knows our offensive line was the weak unit this year and Mularkey still got all the blame.

I know, I know.....someone's gonna tell me how he didn't adapt......but he still won 10 games.

Anyway.....I'm looking forward to Koetter's vertical passing game and his 'fresh' perspective.

I've never understood how 99% of the fanbase knows our offensive line was the weak unit this year and Mularkey still got all the blame.

I know, I know.....someone's gonna tell me how he didn't adapt......but he still won 10 games.

Anyway.....I'm looking forward to Koetter's vertical passing game and his 'fresh' perspective.

+1

As disappointing as losing in the playoffs has been, you have to say this has been the best coaching staff the Falcons have ever had. We will probably never know if the frustrating aspects of play calling on both sides of the ball was from a limitation of the coaches or a result of coaches calling plays geared to the limitations of the players on the field.

As always, next year will be interesting and we will learn more about this team without Mularkey and BVG than we would have from another year with them.

I hope they both do great and will never forget the good things they did for the Falcons.

Or buying hand towels because they look nice on the wall and not using them for their intended purpose...

Hmm, that sounds all too similar to our use of some of our guys. Mularkey = my grandmother

Or buying hand towels because they look nice on the wall and not using them for their intended purpose...

Hmm, that sounds all too similar to our use of some of our guys. Mularkey = my grandmother

If I could plus 1000 ya I would.

Im not an Admin or a MOD, and thus it gives me great pleasure to

tell ou to STFU.

Freaking newb trying to roll up on a MOD that is funny because

the MODs are not going to shred your azz like the rest of us.

You're uncle fester.....ahhhhhh how cute

Good one.... Newb. I haven't heard that one before. Well wait. I heard it back in 2003 when I joined

You're uncle fester.....ahhhhhh how cute

Good one.... Newb. I haven't heard that one before. Well wait. I heard it back in 2003 when I joined

Be careful....I once saw Fester hit a smart alecky nun in her piehole at a dart tournament.