At Least 1 Fan Is Grateful For Mullarkey!

Rev_Hal

While I definitely agree that it was time to make a change, I am grateful for the time MM was here. Regardless of what people want to admit, we are right in the middle of the best era in Falcon's history. Mularkey was a huge part of that.

Mularkey, while with the Steelers, was able to move the ball and score when he had no quarterback. He always was able to use the players he had to the best of their abilities. Did he do that here? You can make an argument either way.

But as far as I am concerned. I want to thank MM for his 4 years here and the part he had in turning this franchise around. He was rewarded by getting another head coaching shot, and I hope he does well. I wish him nothing but success, especially if the Jags play the Saints.

Thanks Mike. At least 1 fan is grateful you were here!

+1.

I think sometimes people put too much blame on him.

There were alot of times we flat out did not execute. Like vs houston, If Matt makes better throws early, and our wr catch better late we win that game going away with ease.

But I agree we needed a change. a Change of mindset and a change of perspective.

Good luck to him in J-ville.

Im grateful for mostly his first season. He DID help Ryan develop. The problem was the things he did to help matt in the beginning became counterproductive later on. You just cant afford to run the same schemes for 4 straight years and not expect to peak early. The best coaches in this league know how to ADAPT. Adaptation is the name of the game.

If I was content with not reaching our full potential i would be a heck of a lot more grateful.

Edited by Atlfanstckndenver

I like that he is gone. So +1 on that. As for appreciation, he deserves some semblence of that. I look a little deeper and just wonder what the problem is, Smith's conservative approach or Mularkey's offensive approach. In any case, he did a few good things. Change is inevitable. Thanks a little bit Mularkey.mellow.png

Im grateful for mostly his first season. He DID help Ryan develop. The problem was the things he did to help matt in the beginning became counterproductive later on. You just cant afford to run the same schemes for 4 straight years and not expect to peak early. The best coaches in this league know how to ADAPT. Adaptation is the name of the game.

If I was content with not reaching our full potential i would be a heck of a lot more grateful.

I'm not saying that it was not time for a change (it was). But we may not be where we are right now if it were not for MM, and I hold no ill will against him.

You don't get it because apparently 3rd grade humor is far too intellectual for you. Go start topics somewhere else.

dude honestly, your an administrator on these boards, is this how you treat people who ask a simple question?

was it offensive, was it rude? Isnt that what your job of being an Administrator is?

I totally agree that we owe Mularkey, Van Gorder and Bourdreau our gratitude for turning this team around and making us a consistent winner. Personally I never have gone in for the "blame game," so I don't hold them solely responsible for our total flop in the playoffs.

I try to remember the NFL is the most complicated game in the world bar none, and it takes every single piece clicking together to win that Lombardi which includes the owner, GM, front office, scouting, coaching and of course the players all performing at an extremely high level.

While I definitely agree that it was time to make a change, I am grateful for the time MM was here. Regardless of what people want to admit, we are right in the middle of the best era in Falcon's history. Mularkey was a huge part of that.

Mularkey, while with the Steelers, was able to move the ball and score when he had no quarterback. He always was able to use the players he had to the best of their abilities. Did he do that here? You can make an argument either way.

But as far as I am concerned. I want to thank MM for his 4 years here and the part he had in turning this franchise around. He was rewarded by getting another head coaching shot, and I hope he does well. I wish him nothing but success, especially if the Jags play the Saints.

Good Post.

Good post Hal. It was time for a change, like in the 08 Presidential election, I'm not sure this is really the change we need, but a change was needed. That said, MM was on the staff that helped turn this organization around and for that I am glad he was here.

dude honestly, your an administrator on these boards, is this how you treat people who ask a simple question?

was it offensive, was it rude? Isnt that what your job of being an Administrator is?

Lighten up Francis. Jeez. If you cant take a joke, you wont last long here anyway.

You need 100 posts before you can start a topic. Now shoo.

Lighten up Francis. Jeez. If you cant take a joke, you wont last long here anyway.

You need 100 posts before you can start a topic. Now shoo.

You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. If any of you 0m0's touch me, I'll kill you

You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. If any of you 0m0's touch me, I'll kill you

See, now I like you! That wasn't so hard, was it? :)