I'm Ok With Letting Abraham Walk

J-RoC770

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im would be ok with letting him walk if he had some type of heir apparent. My criticism of Td's tenure is that he NEVER seems to draft for depth. We have a rapidly aging team and no one is groomed to take their places. Behind Abe, McClure, Turner, and TG is zip zero zilch. We have a "players" but no surefire starters. Hawley and Quizz have shown flashes, but Im not psyched to see them in the everyday roles.

I really don't see nolan caring for a big name player he can make players he has better and like he said he rather have 10 guys getting 4 sacks than 3 or 4 guys getting 10 sacks. but if u do give him some stars he will make this def elite for sure!

Not worried about names, but rather production. Abe is someone who is underrated anywhere except these boards and hardly ever given any recognition. I'd love to see him back to retire here as a Falcon as well as Turner. Its just that right now we have no one else and even Nolan's scheme needs guys who can really play. Keeping Abe around for another year or two ensures that we have a guy who can really play the position and give us what we need until we find someone else. Even if we get another guy who can really play then that's two.

Yeah, I love Abe but he's not worth 7 or 8 million a year anymore. But neither is Tony and he got it. If we can get Abe back betweetn 3.5 and 5, I'd love to have him.

Gonzalez is more necessary than Abraham. They have promising DEs, namely Sidbury, to step up if Abraham doesn't return meanwhile they have nothing if Gonzalez left. Plus, Gonzalez has at least been consistent unlike Abraham who got 5.5 out of his 9.5 sacks in just two games.

Guest TheIdowu

I really really really really really really really really really hope we do not keep Abe UNLESS he signs for the vet min and agrees to play in a limited backup role. I am pretty sure we can find his replacement.

1st off I love the abe, But what is a part time player worth, when his salary would put a pro bowl o/g on the line for the next 4 to 5 years. Just a tough chose. Bad time to have bigger needs and like others on here would love to have him retire here. Same with the Grimes.

I don't want to see him go. I think he does still have it. Yes, he has been injured, but he has been almost solely responsible for any pass rush we did have.

I think that we keep him and should keep him this year. I think with Nolan helping to get the most out of our underachieving squad, he's going to get help this year and he will shine.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I do believe he stays - and more than that, I hope he stays.

I rather have him come back on a 2 year deal. Who do we have that can rush the passer consistantly? I let him go if we have a replacement for him that has experience(mathis). Sidbury has shown some flashes but can he do it with many snaps and defend the run. Matthews is still too raw. Beerman is only a roational guy.

To me.. I want Abe back but it just depends on the contract... Of course its other options tho

jbo,

I know "breaking up is hard to do" but I think its time for Falcons to let Abe go. He will be 34yrs old to start the season and he will want at least a 2yr contract with probably 80% of the money guaranteed - more than likely, if you are lucky you get one more decent year out of him.

Always better to cut a player one year to early than one year too late. We need to just let him go. Mike Nolan will find a pass rush from multiple players.......let him go.

jbo,

I know "breaking up is hard to do" but I think its time for Falcons to let Abe go. He will be 34yrs old to start the season and he will want at least a 2yr contract with probably 80% of the money guaranteed - more than likely, if you are lucky you get one more decent year out of him.

Always better to cut a player one year to early than one year too late. We need to just let him go. Mike Nolan will find a pass rush from multiple players.......let him go.

Love you dawg, but no. If we had taken Justin last year I'd be right with you, but no way. Dude just gave us 9.5 sacks and far more hurries and hits. You get Mathis or Williams and still have Abe and we are SB bound. Man you don't throw that away.

I like the Predator, but no need to keep him if durability is a huge issue. We could easily overpay...sure...he's our only effective rusher...but if we sink tons of money into him then he pretty much probably stays our only effective rusher. I'd be fine with taking the risk all sentimentality aside.

I agree. If we can't bring in a "name" DE or a couple of up-and-comers, then I'd say resign Abe, but for minimum and for one year only.