Mularkey Just Said He Knew We We're Toast...

oldblazer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That just makes me dislike him even more. I appreciated what he did for us but f*ck him now. That mindset is what killed the offense. Now you can no longer say it's the players on offense when the "leader" (OC) didn't even believe he could win. Sad excuse for an OC, let alone HC.

Makes me wonder what was going on behind the scenes at Flowery Branch at the coach level. Seems like both Mularkey and BVG knew they had no excuses for this year not to perform. And spent their energy working on that plan B. It does make me wonder how involved Smith is on each side.

Man that is an unbelievable thing to say to the media. I really had questions about his play-calling abilities, but I am shocked by his lack of media savvy to say the least. Admitting you knew you were toast just adds fuel the to the fire confirming he had a defeatist attitude going into the game. It reminds me of his lackadaisical, contemptuous attitude in interviews when he was being challenged by the media over his game management

I will thank MM for improving us since he got here, but it is clear that it was time for him to move on. He might want to consider hiring a media consultant if he wants to keep his job in Jacksonville. Comments like that one will do more to inflame you than poor play calling.

You guys are being too harsh. I think he's just being honest and honesty in today's NFL is refreshing. Why, we could use more of it.

I meant, we could use more of it on the teams that we face. So long, Mike. Your honesty and your predictable and ineffective offensive strategies will not be missed around here except by the teams we face each Sunday.

Statements like that make me believe the rumor about he and BVG being told to pursue other opportunities after the Saints game. Seems like he's kind of trying to take a shot and it's pretty obvious that something was up with BVG since he had a new job the next day.

Good riddance to both.