What If We Put The Tag On Grimes

AB doesn't like you throwing around stats....and a 5'7" 180lb CB about to be 29 is not going to get Top 5 CB money from this organization with other players needing to be resigned and needs at other positions....

Do you honestly think Grimes is a Top 5 CB??? Revis, Woodsen, Asamaugh, Samual, Champ, Flowers, Finnegan...just off the to-p of my head....

Pro Football Focus had Grimes at number 2 this year behind Revis. Hey, it's all subjective, but I'd take Grimes over old Finnegan any day of the week.

seriously when have u seen that happen??? Ive never seen ANY team try.. forget try ive never seen a team even complete a slan on him in the redzone...

umm seriously, go back and watch the New Orleans game, they moved Graham to his side of the field, then Brees threw a jump ball=TD. Rodgers did the same thing last year in the playoffs, sorry but I cant remember the exact name of what TD, the receivers name and what game it happened, but it has happened, even take that away, his hands and tackling are a liability, if you want tackling, go back and look at the game where Jay Cutler put a move on him and left him in socks, JAY CUTLER!!!

I like Grimes and it is not that I want to deny wealth or anything like that. If not for the fact there is a salary cap, I would not care if Mr. Blank paid him 20 mil a year. His contribution to the team does not justify leaving holes in other areas just to pay him though.

If the defense goes to a mostly man coverage in 2012, Grimes won't fit here anyway.

In the games against GB and NO, his size was quite a factor.

Look. CB's lose those battles sometimes. I saw Charles Woodson lose on a similiar play against Michael Jenkins this year.

Yes.....that Michael Jenkins.

They didn't say......it's OK that Woodson lost on that ball because he's big.

That stuff happens, and it doesn't happen to Brent Grimes at 5'8 anymore often than it happens to Charles Woodson at 6'2.

Pro Football Focus had Grimes at number 2 this year behind Revis. Hey, it's all subjective, but I'd take Grimes over old Finnegan any day of the week.

Stats are stats....Atlanta's defense was ranked 20th in the pass ypg....and Grimes plays in the secondary....Top 5?????

That stat alone doesn't show any other deficiency on the team, but I can still claim it as a stat against Grimes...

Thus STATS should not be used solely to judge a player's ability and contribution to the team (or his value in the market and value to the team)....

And Tramon Williams, Devin McCourty, Jonathan Joseph, Carlos Rogers are a few more to name....

Stats are stats....Atlanta's defense was ranked 20th in the pass ypg....and Grimes plays in the secondary....Top 5?????

That stat alone doesn't show any other deficiency on the team, but I can still claim it as a stat against Grimes...

Thus STATS should not be used solely to judge a player's ability and contribution to the team (or his value in the market and value to the team)....

And Tramon Williams, Devin McCourty, Jonathan Joseph, Carlos Rogers are a few more to name....

he's the only bright spot in that 20th ranked passing defense. And we probably got that ranking because QBs were targeting Robinson's side of the field

Look. CB's lose those battles sometimes. I saw Charles Woodson lose on a similiar play against Michael Jenkins this year.

Yes.....that Michael Jenkins.

They didn't say......it's OK that Woodson lost on that ball because he's big.

That stuff happens, and it doesn't happen to Brent Grimes at 5'8 anymore often than it happens to Charles Woodson at 6'2.

if you had Julio Jones and he was doing a fade route in the endzone, your the dcoordinator, game on the line....you can pick from Aso, Woodson, Reevis, Carlos Rogers,Grimes, sorry...who are you picking???

It is all a matter of opinion, I guess. I will say that if he were in a reasonable price range, the team would have certainly gotten him under contract and I would have been very pleased about it. Saying he is good is not some kind of burn on him. I liked his attitude more than anything about him though.

The Falcons need to focus some of the cap that they have allotted to defending the pass to attacking the pass at the point of origin. As long as opposing quarterbacks have all day to throw, the pass defense as a whole is not going to do well.

It is all a matter of opinion, I guess. I will say that if he were in a reasonable price range, the team would have certainly gotten him under contract and I would have been very pleased about it. Saying he is good is not some kind of burn on him. I liked his attitude more than anything about him though.

The Falcons need to focus some of the cap that they have allotted to defending the pass to attacking the pass at the point of origin. As long as opposing quarterbacks have all day to throw, the pass defense as a whole is not going to do well.

exactly, is he a good CB, yes, evern alternate Pro Bowl good, but to pay him top 5 money??? when he isnt top 5, and we have glaring issues along the line, and need a pass rush, NO

he's the only bright spot in that 20th ranked passing defense. And we probably got that ranking because QBs were targeting Robinson's side of the field

Sean Weatherpsoon?

Curtis Lofton?

Did you watch the Falcons play this season?

if you had Julio Jones and he was doing a fade route in the endzone, your the dcoordinator, game on the line....you can pick from Aso, Woodson, Reevis, Carlos Rogers,Grimes, sorry...who are you picking???

In this order...Revis, Champ Bailey, Woodson, Aso, Rogers (had a great year), and then maybe Grimes....

And there are may other plays besides this type of play in a game, that I would prefer all of those over Grimes...especially to tackle someone....

Sean Weatherpsoon?

Curtis Lofton?

Did you watch the Falcons play this season?

In this order...Revis, Champ Bailey, Woodson, Aso, Rogers (had a great year), and then maybe Grimes....

And there are may other plays besides this type of play in a game, that I would prefer all of those over Grimes...especially to tackle someone....

Uhh....IceMattman, I was speaking about the passing defense with DBs & safeties. Not LBs.

seriously guys how can yall talk so bad about grimes. He is our best corner and everyone always complains about how crappy our secondary is so yall think its smart to let him walk? I cant believe some of the stuff ive read on his wifes twitter that people are saying about him and her. People who say some of the stuff i had read are obviously not falcon fans. They are the ones who when peter king and everybody else was saying we are favorites to go to the super bowl jumped on the band wagon. i know that no true fan would light a freaking jersey on fire. not to mention be a pus&y about it and hide your face. leave grimes alone i cant stand to see us let another young rising talent walk and see them go to another team and then rub it in our face later(especially a corner). If grimes leaves who is the nickel? Owens? Seriously? dont think we are bringing carlos rodgers in b/c he most likely will want more than grimes money.