Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bullpup969

Yellow Lot!

7 posts in this topic

Exiting the lot on Ivan Allen, make a left. Go 2 lights to Marietta and make a right. Make a Right onto Spring Street (landmark is Centennial Park on left/CNN center on right). Landing is next to Philips Arena.

I am a season ticket holder for 3 years now. Marta is fine but I am thinking it would much more fun to tailgate. I haven't tailgated since Fulton County Stadium was still in use so I am hoping some of you could school me on the process. When we ride Marta I always see a lot of folks having a blast in the parking lot just across the street when you exit the Vine City station, but that's all I see. I am pretty much ignorant to the location of any other lots. I wanna be where the hardcore, good-time fans are. I'm also a night owl. That said, from what I've read, people are setting up at 7 or 8AM! Wow! Do all the lots fill up that fast or is that just what folks do...make a day of it? Either way, I am hoping someone out there is kind enough to tell me what to expect and where the best spots are, cause I'm ignorant!

Thanks guys!

KJC

I am a season ticket holder for 3 years now. Marta is fine but I am thinking it would much more fun to tailgate. I haven't tailgated since Fulton County Stadium was still in use so I am hoping some of you could school me on the process. When we ride Marta I always see a lot of folks having a blast in the parking lot just across the street when you exit the Vine City station, but that's all I see. I am pretty much ignorant to the location of any other lots. I wanna be where the hardcore, good-time fans are. I'm also a night owl. That said, from what I've read, people are setting up at 7 or 8AM! Wow! Do all the lots fill up that fast or is that just what folks do...make a day of it? Either way, I am hoping someone out there is kind enough to tell me what to expect and where the best spots are, cause I'm ignorant!

Thanks guys!

KJC

Well, I went to my first falcon game last year and we went to the yellow lot. It was wonderful and only 15 dollars. There were some great fans there just having a blast. We got there at 8;00 just to have fun and make a day of it. The lot did not fill up till about 11;00. Trust me you will not be dissapointed with this lot.

Well BULLPUP said it all... There are numerous tailgate spots around the dome, its up to you to pick which works best for you. I can only think of 2 bad things about parking in the Yellow Lot... #1, the gates don't open until 8:00am, thats bad for the die hard tailgate groups that have a lot of cooking to do. #2 It's about a 5-7 min walk to the Dome but its easy and usually helps get you sober before going inside.

Other that those 2 issues the Yellow Lot is the best deal. It's only $15 compared to $40, it's on a paved lot compared to Gravel or grass. It has it's own Georgia World Congress Police along with APD, so its very secure. Depending on the game, the lot will fill up but your still able to get a parking spot. Most of the larger tailgate groups have there specific locations to tailgate and we hold spots for them.... Come and check it out, I'm sure you will be happy.