Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowen

What About This Idea For A Trade.. Turner

7 posts in this topic

Well since we are gonna run so many screens now, why not trade turner and baker for a probowl OL player? Snelling is great at screens and can run up the middle too. Much cheaper than Turner. Split carries with jaquizz, good combo.

We need Roddy so cant trade him. Turner is the easiest to replace to give us trade bait for a top notch LT or anything on our line.

Runningbacks are a dime a dozen. You won't get anything for a 30 year old runningback, even if he led the NFC in yards.

And who is going to trade anything for Sam Baker? The guy probably won't stay in the league for 2 more years.

While we're at it let's trade Roddy and Joe Hawley for Calvin Johnson.

And send Ray Edwards and Kroy Bierrman to Minnesota for Jared Allen.

Why would anyone give us a Pro Bowl caliber OL for a RB who is about to be on the wrong side of 30 and a guy who has no business being on an NFL practice squad, let alone an active roster?

Because if TD makes a couple of moves gets a LT they rejig the line maybe moving Clabo back inside and if Ovie is back 100% then Turner is back to his lethal best behind a line that actually run blocks worth a da*m hence why I stick with MT33 for another year.I don't disreguard what has made us successful over the years.

We restablish our run identity the new OC gets alittle more creative on how we use our passing game and we'll be fine.

Now defense well this is another question.

What moron would trade for an injury prone, undersized, mediocre offensive lineman and a 30+ one dimensional running back....much less give up a pro bowl offensive lineman?

Name one team that makes sense for.

I'm sorry......Turner is slow!!! He's been good for 4 years, but, we need some speed at RB (i.e. Quizz, Sproles, A. Foster). I say, keep him until his contract is up, and use him as a FB for short yardage/goal line.....then release him. I don't think we could get anything for him as "trade bait".....most folks know he's pretty close to being used up. Sad, but true...

Only RB I think we could get instead that I'd want is Deangelo Williams, and we won't. Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson are probably getting franchised. Forte would be too expensive.

I like Turner though, so I'm not worried.