Peter Kings Mmqb 10 Things "i Think I Think" Falcons Mention On Koetter Oc Hire

6. I think the Dirk Koetter hire in Atlanta is a nod to the fact that the Falcons wanted to throw the ball downfield more, and to improving their screen game (maybe in 2012 with Jacquizz Rogers). Koetter's not Mike Martz, but I do think he'll be more open to featuring Julio Jones and getting Matt Ryan to take three or four shots a game deep.

http://www.cnnsi.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/16/divisionals/4.html

That's not what was said when he picked the Falcons for the super bowl lol its funny how this board picks and chooses when a writer is an idiot or not.

Actually, I thought he was an idiot when he picked the team for the super bowl. There was no way the team was going to magically change from that playoff loss to GB and they did nothing that looked like they addressed what happened.

well one thing is for sure - all you Peter King haters cannot say he is biased against Falcons - I think King calls'em like he see's 'em with no bias either way.

Like most of us, Peter King was high on Falcons prior to season.

Like most of us, Peter King is probably not so high on Falcons now.

If that makes him an IDIOT, then most of us are IDIOTS as well.

6. I think the Dirk Koetter hire in Atlanta is a nod to the fact that the Falcons wanted to throw the ball downfield more, and to improving their screen game (maybe in 2012 with Jacquizz Rogers). Koetter's not Mike Martz, but I do think he'll be more open to featuring Julio Jones and getting Matt Ryan to take three or four shots a game deep.

http://www.cnnsi.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/16/divisionals/4.html

G-Dawg...

You are a true falcon fan bro...

I just don't think they appreciate ya.

Well idiot or not, he is voicing what he vast majority of our posters have been complaining about all year isn't he?

People wanted Julio involved more, and more shots down field. Yasinskas just posted we were last in screen pass attempts, but many of us felt we didn't have the personnel for the screen pass. I don't know one way or the other on that belief. But Koetter mentioned himself that Smitty wanted more screens next year.

So idiot or not, Peter King is just simply stating what most people seem to already agree we need to do for our offense to be more successful.

At the beginning of the year, King said that if we get Rodgers and Jones involved, we will be going places. He expected that to happen. Apparently, he doesn't know Mularkey the way that we do. Rodgers, like Douglas, Laurent Robinson, and Norwood, wan't being utilized by the OC. King isn't an idiot. We have a lot of very good talent on offense, and a lot of that talent is an afterthought.