Dirk Koetter: "i Was Sent By Coach Smith To Improve The Screen Game

Chi- One burst for 70 yards got caught

Phi- One burst for 70 yards...GOT CAUGHT

TB- One burst for 80 yards only scored because of roddy

Det- One burtst for 60 yards got caught....

.....What i am saying is any RB can hit a hole and he is super slow

I want a back that can turn those "Got caughts" into a TD.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Against who was (imho) good teams, Turner ran for:

CHI: 140 total yards, 0 TD

PHI: 146 total yards, 1 TD

GB: 56 total yards, 1 TD

CAR: 147 total yards, 2 TD

DET: 122 total yards, 0 TD

NO: 106 total yards, 0 TD

HOU: 44 total yards, 0 TD

CAR: 76 total yards, 0 TD

NO: 75 total yards, 0 TD

Yes, I consider Carolina a good team...they are, suck it up...could win the division next year.

What I get from this is he CAN do well against good teams, and often DOES. But he always seems worn out around the end of the year. I'd like to use him frequently, sure, but limit his touches to around 200 rushes and 30 catches (he averaged like 10 yards a catch, I do like him receiving this year way more than last year). Get Quizz in too with 100 rushes and 50 catches and Antoine Smith getting a few, he's hella speedy...don't mind if we let Snelling go.

Carolina - 28th in Run Defense

Detroit - 23rd in Run Defense

New Orleans - 24th in Run Defense

Chicago Bears - 17th in Run Defense

Philadelphia - 8th (But caught them when they were horrid)

What is this freakin obsession with screens? Even the good screen teams only run em a couple times a game and gain 20-30 yards. Fck a screen. Mularkey didn't run em for a reason. Our QB doesn't sell em worth a dam and our Olinemen look like 95 year old rhiinos trying to get in position.

Wrong, GB, NO, NE, BAL, SF and many other great teams all had something like 60+ screens this year, with NO topping the list...we were at the very bottom of the list with something around 20 lol. Can't remember the article by Pat Y.

Chi- One burst for 70 yards got caught

Phi- One burst for 70 yards...GOT CAUGHT

TB- One burst for 80 yards only scored because of roddy

Det- One burtst for 60 yards got caught....

.....What i am saying is any RB can hit a hole and he is super slow

In that case, subtract all big plays from all RBs, no one will have a 5.0+ YPC average.

Your logic is flawed, brah.

Also, your numbers are wrong...CHI was 53 yards not 70, PHI was 61 yards not 70, never even mentioned TB since they suck, DET was 50 not 60.

Edited by Falcan Moore

I agree that he gets caught, but personally I'm fine with the fact that he DOES seem to find those holes...I'm not sure where the statistic is, but I'm pretty sure he had the most 40+ yard carries of any RB in the NFL.

I want him to slim down over the offseason, lose maybe 10-15 lbs...he'll still be tough to tackle, but if he can get more muscled and speedy, he'll put up even better numbers.

Wrong, GB, NO, NE, BAL, SF and many other great teams all had something like 60+ screens this year, with NO topping the list...we were at the very bottom of the list with something around 20 lol. Can't remember the article by Pat Y.

OK three or four times a game for 30-40 yards. Whoopdie freakin do. D*ck Cutter ran em less than three times a game for less than 20 yards. Whoo hoo! Our players suck at screens. What part of that don't yall understand?

...do you know what certifiable means? Or rationale? You're misusing at least one of those words.

No, I understand. Some people's reasoning is fit to be certified as insane.

Rationale:the fundamental reason or reasons serving to account for something.

Certifiable: fit to be certified as insane : crazy <downright certifiablebehavior>

OK three or four times a game for 30-40 yards. Whoopdie freakin do. D*ck Cutter ran em less than three times a game for less than 20 yards. Whoo hoo! Our players suck at screens. What part of that don't yall understand?

We don't use them hardly at all, so of course we suck at them...if we don't practice them, if we don't utilize them with our skill position players, we won't be good at them. Fact is, I'd rather have an extra 20-30 ypg and less pressure on the OL, less players in the box...if you don't, you're crazy.

Is that you MM?

That's why you practice them. MM made a lame excuse that we don't have the right personnel. You believe everything MM tells you? Yeah..right. Smith wants us to have a working screen game. Just one of the reasons Dirk was brought in here. Trust me.

you people and your numbers. Get off it, Turner has been the man, and the reason all you girls get so excited for the Falcons whether you know it or not, because he's the only reason we've won since he's gotten here.

i agree hes been great, but could we trade him for o-line? still have snelling

Isn't there a moratorium that you can't make fun of someone's name until they have a least played in or coached one game for us?

Lol yeah I am blown away by anyone criticizing Turner myself. IMHO he is the major reason for 4 years of success here in Atlanta, and he still got over 1000 yards rushing this year. Of course he couldn't run in some games because our offensive line got their butts handed to them.

Sheesh some people around here keep forgetting this is a team game. No running back or QB can win in the NFL without a supporting cast. Just look at how bad the Packers were yesterday when their receivers got a case of the dropsies, their offensive line got owned and their one dimensional passing game got exposed.

The Falcons already said the Michael Turner,s touches would be reduced next year, as they should be. We have let this guy carry us on his back way too long, and need more balance. However, he will still be a huge part of our game plan, and will be very productive for us next year.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

I agree that he gets caught, but personally I'm fine with the fact that he DOES seem to find those holes...I'm not sure where the statistic is, but I'm pretty sure he had the most 40+ yard carries of any RB in the NFL.

I want him to slim down over the offseason, lose maybe 10-15 lbs...he'll still be tough to tackle, but if he can get more muscled and speedy, he'll put up even better numbers.

Turner isn't exactly "finding" holes on those big plays. Usually when he has a big run the holes are huge. There's not a back in the league could miss them.

I remember an article last off season, that Michael Turner wanted to get more involved in the passing game, so I suppose next season will be his chance! Also not that Quiz, had 150 catches for over 1,000 yards in 3 years at Oregon State, and Snelling has great hands...if we can keep him. There is certainly a chance that a good screen game can open other things up, just look at the Pats offense!