Bigger Fail...us Or Saints And Packers?

ol'_dirty2

With both the teams that were favored to be in the NFC Championship game losing this week, it makes one wonder. Who's failure this eason was worse ours or theirs? My answer...it's equal. Those two teams were virtually placed in the SB by all the expert analysts. Either one or the other were gonna rep the NFC. Now...they sit where we do...outside looking in. Sure the Saints won a game...but that wasn't their goal. Just like we should have gotten at least one win in this year's playoffs but didn't.

On the surface the fall from grace might look much worse for GB and NO, but in the end it's about the Superbowl and only one team will win and it won't be ATL, NO, or GB. Some might try to argue that the Falcons looked worse in their loss so their exit was worse...not true. Losing is losing and losers can't argue about who looked better losing. Just a thought...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea wher is the "Wow, the Packers got crushed at home after they were the number one seed. How will they ever recover?".

Will we hear this for the next year from all the pundits on the NFL network. I hate that the Falcons are out but this weekend I was cheering my *** off because the Saints and Packers lost.

Now hopefully I can at least we lost to the eventual Superbowl winner

I say it hurts more for them.

After watching us play this season I knew we weren't going to make it to the Superbowl.

Those other teams? They had record setting years and looked unstoppable at times. Now those amazing seasons they just had mean nothing.

Granted they've won it in the past but neither of them are repeating.

Getting knocked out of the playoffs this year was much easier to stomach than last year.... last year I couldn't even watch any other playoff games or the Superbowl.; I've watched every playoff game this year.

Edited by Sun Tzu 7

I luv how the "great" GB fans were booing their players in the 1st half. what a bunch of d o u c h e s

I did enjoy the 1st rd bye, at home and losing. GB, how's that feel.

just hate the saints and Lsu fans....so that was fantastic!

THat was an awesome game.

Watching the Packers have the #1 seed and then go 1 and done and also knowing that Saints fans are all kicking themselves knowing that if they would have beat San Fran the Giants would be going to New Orleans...

Knowing the Packer and Saints fans are kicking themselves and asking themselves 'Why?' makes me feel better about us getting eliminated.

As long as they can't win it either I can live with us getting knocked out.

With both the teams that were favored to be in the NFC Championship game losing this week, it makes one wonder. Who's failure this eason was worse ours or theirs? My answer...it's equal. Those two teams were virtually placed in the SB by all the expert analysts. Either one or the other were gonna rep the NFC. Now...they sit where we do...outside looking in. Sure the Saints won a game...but that wasn't their goal. Just like we should have gotten at least one win in this year's playoffs but didn't.

On the surface the fall from grace might look much worse for GB and NO, but in the end it's about the Superbowl and only one team will win and it won't be ATL, NO, or GB. Some might try to argue that the Falcons looked worse in their loss so their exit was worse...not true. Losing is losing and losers can't argue about who looked better losing. Just a thought...

Are you SEROIUS??? Listen, I live and breath Atlanta Falcons 365 days a year. A loss is a loss but to be embarrassed like that??? At least the Aints and the Slackers showed up and tried to make a game of it. I'm gald they both lost because it should have been our time to shine but when an unenthused team with offensive and defensive coordinators with BOTH feet out the door steps on the field these are the results you can expect.

At this juncture I honestly don't know what to expect from the Falcons but rest assured, my crazy @ss will be rooting for them.

According to Vegas,

we were favored to win in NY, and got Donkey Punched

The Saints were the dog in SF, so the lost as Vegas thought

GB was the biggest Fav or the games and got sissy slapped

so over all its

GB

ATL

NO, not that losing to the #2 seed as a #3 is a fail at all

here's to the new excuse should NYG go to Super bowl game

"we lost to the eventual___________ in the super bowl"

enough rationalizing this mess

SMITH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryan

STAFFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryan

ELI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryan

GODGERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryan

Breesus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryan

its apparent this is a qb and defense driven league in the money time, and well of the 6 nfc qbs we have the WORST

that is a cold hard FACT

the failure will continue with this franchise until we get a lights out defense and a consistant running game to serve as crutches for icee

We are all in the same boat. For all the grief we will get, Saints have done it two years in a row. Packers were in the exact same situation we were in last year and they did the same thing. QB was off, WR's were off, entire offense way too many turnovers.

So lets see how many analyst nex year pick the Sains or Packers because of their offens. Maybe they all just jump on the bandwagon of whomever wins it all this year. I said to myself earlier, neither Packers nor Saints will make the Super Bowl. Both teams for as good as thier offenses are, their defenses are just as bad. So for all the hype the NFL give the high scoring, high powered offense, it turnes out to not be good enought when your in the bottem third in defense and turn the ball over too much.

I will say I loved every second of both the Saints and Packers with all their offensive prowess lose. Many happen to think the "Any Given Sunday" rule no longer applies. I know its a QB driven league/game, but there are other players that have a say in things. This is why they "play the game." The best looking on film/paper/record books does not always win.