Why Koetter Is A Horrible Hire, We Are Doomed To Fail, And We Will Never Even Sniff A Sb With Smitty/td---

Dirk Digglerkoetter is completely the wrong type of hire. Dimbulbtrof would have been better off hiring some clown from Burger King's fry-station. Dirk Digglerkoetter runs a vertical passing game (albeit excrutiatingly badly), which is Matt Ryan's weakness. Holding blocks for 7-step drop patterns is also the offensive line's weakness.

We hired a coach whose system ignores our team's strengths, while accentuating their weaknesses.

We signed a man-cover corner a few years ago into a soft zone scheme.

Thomas Dimitroff is completely blind. He falls in love with some shiny toy and ignores the fact that it is the wrong tool for the job.

Matt Ryan can ONLY thrive and succeed in a West Coast Offense. Dimitroff ignored the fact that our talent needs to be catered to.

So Matt Ryan will continue to struggle along in a horrific antiquated run-first scheme designed by the absolute worst coordinator in the league

Same ol' Falcons.

Same ol' freaking pathetic Falcons.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't drunk any kook aid. It's too soon to tell what we have in Dirk Koetter. Everything I've read, and a little film that I've been able to watch has not given me the urge to freak out and declare Armageddon.

I have to have faith in the highly paid professionals whose entire being is football to make the right choices. I work for the Air Force, I don't make millions making these decisions. Chill, give it a chance. Let's see what happens. O Lineman will be added, new schemes will be added. They have invested significant jack in Matthew Ryan. I have a feeling that the Billionaire who owns the Falcons wants a heavy return in his investment.

I haven't drunk any kook aid. It's too soon to tell what we have in Dirk Koetter. Everything I've read, and a little film that I've been able to watch has not given me the urge to freak out and declare Armageddon.

I have to have faith in the highly paid professionals whose entire being is football to make the right choices. I work for the Air Force, I don't make millions making these decisions. Chill, give it a chance. Let's see what happens. O Lineman will be added, new schemes will be added. They have invested significant jack in Matthew Ryan. I have a feeling that the Billionaire who owns the Falcons wants a heavy return in his investment.

First: thank you for your service to our country.

Second: Why do you HAVE to have faith in these highly paid professionals when they have been so far wrong so many times on so many issues? These are people who drafted an injury-prone DT in the first round, blew 5 picks for one WR (that "Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law" article needs to be laminated onto AB and TD's desks), kept MM and BVG around as long as they did, signed a man-cover corner to a huge contract to play in a soft-zone scheme, allowed our O-Line talent to deteriorate to the current state of inexcusable ineptitude, and so-on and so-on.

So again I ask: why do you HAVE to have faith in them? They have clearly not earned said faith.

First: thank you for your service to our country.

Second: Why do you HAVE to have faith in these highly paid professionals when they have been so far wrong so many times on so many issues? These are people who drafted an injury-prone DT in the first round, blew 5 picks for one WR (that "Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law" article needs to be laminated onto AB and TD's desks), kept MM and BVG around as long as they did, signed a man-cover corner to a huge contract to play in a soft-zone scheme, allowed our O-Line talent to deteriorate to the current state of inexcusable ineptitude, and so-on and so-on.

So again I ask: why do you HAVE to have faith in them? They have clearly not earned said faith.

They earned the faith by having winning seasons.

They need players to take next step.

OUR O-line is beyond pathetic & D-line cant get a sack to help back end.

If we dont improve that part, we dont deserve a playoff win.

Because brother, I cannot do anything about it. If we knew Arthur Blank spent time on the boards, maybe our incessant whining and rampant chicken littling might make a difference. What will change things is stop going to games. Stop watching the games. Stop buying Falcon goodies. Because that is the only thing that wil change things to the way you want it.

I would love to have seen us hire two big name Coordinators. I would love to see every draft pick become a star. But it hasn't happened. I've been a fan since I was a little kid. And throughout that time, we SUCKED horribly. The current regime has brought us winning attitudes, and some respect. We have come to a cross road. We can blow it up and start again, or we can make changes and see what happens. Can you be mad because it's not playing out as you want? Sure you can. Everyone of us favor ourselves a GM and head coach. But we are not. Usually there is a method to the madness.

If the current changes don't work, I think then a true house cleaning is in order. I like the fact that we have had continuity. The old days was a regime a year. There is stability. Now there is time to step up into the big leagues.

Dirk Digglerkoetter is completely the wrong type of hire. Dimbulbtrof would have been better off hiring some clown from Burger King's fry-station. Dirk Digglerkoetter runs a vertical passing game (albeit excrutiatingly badly), which is Matt Ryan's weakness. Holding blocks for 7-step drop patterns is also the offensive line's weakness.

We hired a coach whose system ignores our team's strengths, while accentuating their weaknesses.

Thomas Dimitroff is completely blind. He falls in love with some shiny toy and ignores the fact that it is the wrong tool for the job.

Matt Ryan can ONLY thrive and succeed in a West Coast Offense. Dimitroff ignored the fact that our talent needs to be catered to.

So Matt Ryan will continue to struggle along in a horrific antiquated run-first scheme designed by the absolute worst coordinator in the league

Same ol' Falcons.

You need to read up a little on the offense. It's more like a spread than an old-school, drop 7 steps and fire it 50 yards "vertical" offense. "4-vertical" refers to the formation and play design, not the routes. In any given combination, they are stretching the field both horizontally and vertically. And while I haven't studied it at length, I'm not seeing a frequent need for 40-50 yards in the air.

It's not what you think it is (or what any of the folks screaming "Mularkey 2.0" think it is, either).

You're absolutely right about the o-line. But I see this offense as a very cerebral, option-based offense (in the passing game, not a wishbone or a veer). It's tailor made for Ryan's strengths.

Because brother, I cannot do anything about it. If we knew Arthur Blank spent time on the boards, maybe our incessant whining and rampant chicken littling might make a difference. What will change things is stop going to games. Stop watching the games. Stop buying Falcon goodies. Because that is the only thing that wil change things to the way you want it.

I would love to have seen us hire two big name Coordinators. I would love to see every draft pick become a star. But it hasn't happened. I've been a fan since I was a little kid. And throughout that time, we SUCKED horribly. The current regime has brought us winning attitudes, and some respect. We have come to a cross road. We can blow it up and start again, or we can make changes and see what happens. Can you be mad because it's not playing out as you want? Sure you can. Everyone of us favor ourselves a GM and head coach. But we are not. Usually there is a method to the madness.

If the current changes don't work, I think then a true house cleaning is in order. I like the fact that we have had continuity. The old days was a regime a year. There is stability. Now there is time to step up into the big leagues.

I agree fully !

sky-is-falling-2.jpg

AFMB would have whined about Clements, because of his days in Buffalo. AFMB would have whined about Schottenheimer, as his QB regressed in his scheme. Billick reportedly was not a consideration, due to wanting to be a HC as opposed to a coordinator. No one that was truly talked about would have made anyone happy, so when this was announced, I was fully prepared for the "0-16 is staring us in the face" type knee jerk from the board. It's just funny to actually see in practice.

Same ol' Falcons.

You're a moron if you really believe Matt Ryan can "ONLY" thrive in a WCO. He has thrived 4 years in our currently flawed system - just because he has the three PO losses does not mean he is not excelling.... You people and your emotional threads are getting old.

These threads are awesome, total freak outs and claims we are doomed. I can only hope this plays out as the Mike McCarthy hire years ago when GB fans went nuts, didn't renew season tickets and then had to sit at home while their team wins the superbowl and had a great run this year. This all due to the fact they never saw the product on the field before passing judgement.

I can't believe people are surprised by this hire either when AB said " this will not be a public hire", meaning armchair GMS wouldn't be getting their dream team coaching staff. After reading up on numerous articles about this guys concepts and ideas I am more than willing to see what he comes up with, anything is better than the Mularkey offense. Your only as good as the players you have and Koetter has a full arsenal.

Same ol' Falcons.

^^^^

I don't know if I want this guy to be our general manager but I sure wood like for him to be at the table when some of the decisions are made.

You need to read up a little on the offense. It's more like a spread than an old-school, drop 7 steps and fire it 50 yards "vertical" offense. "4-vertical" refers to the formation and play design, not the routes. In any given combination, they are stretching the field both horizontally and vertically. And while I haven't studied it at length, I'm not seeing a frequent need for 40-50 yards in the air.

It's not what you think it is (or what any of the folks screaming "Mularkey 2.0" think it is, either).

You're absolutely right about the o-line. But I see this offense as a very cerebral, option-based offense (in the passing game, not a wishbone or a veer). It's tailor made for Ryan's strengths.

It's obvious to me that those that are dooming the offense before they even play have never seen Boise State play...

Same ol' Falcons.

You should write a letter to Smith and TD letting them know that YOU know more than them and you should be the GM

sky-is-falling-2.jpg

AFMB would have whined about Clements, because of his days in Buffalo. AFMB would have whined about Schottenheimer, as his QB regressed in his scheme. Billick reportedly was not a consideration, due to wanting to be a HC as opposed to a coordinator. No one that was truly talked about would have made anyone happy, so when this was announced, I was fully prepared for the "0-16 is staring us in the face" type knee jerk from the board. It's just funny to actually see in practice.

^^^ this

Same ol' Falcons.

What is there to rebut? It looks like a 5 year old wrote your comment, and I am surprised you didn't throw out something like "Arthur PoopyPants".

Same ol' Falcons.

This is nothing more than speculation. I can think of better reasons and i like the hire.