When Will People Learn To Have An Open Mind?

freefall

History has shown us that past success does not guaranty future success nor does past failure will guaranty future failure. George Seifert was extremely successful in SF but that didn't translated when he came to Carolina. Vice versa Bill Belichick was not so successful with Cleveland but have found success in NE. These are not just rare examples. They happen quite often enough that people should never go out on a limb and overreact one way or the other less they want to look foolish afterward. Why risk being looked at as a fool when you don't have to is all I am saying.

Unfortunately not. For some reason our fan base loves jumping the gun and deciding a guys/our teams fate before he has even been formally introduced. Glad these same fans couldnt prevent us from hiring Mike Smith or drafting Matty Ice. Who knows who would be coaching and we'd have Glenn Dorsey instead of our franchise QB

History has shown us that past success does not guaranty future success nor does past failure will guaranty future failure. George Seifert was extremely successful in SF but that didn't translated when he came to Carolina. Vice versa Bill Belichick was not so successful with Cleveland but have found success in NE. These are not just rare examples. They happen quite often enough that people should never go out on a limb and overreact one way or the other less they want to look foolish afterward. Why risk being looked at as a fool when you don't have to is all I am saying.

i get that....****, good ol' Dan Henning had success in Carolina after crapping the bed here for years. I know he did focus on Pocket Hercules alot in Jax..maybe this means that Quizz is gonna be the focus going forward. I kinda like that thought...Welcome Koetter...get me a championship!

Fool me once shame on you.....and you know the rest.

How long should I keep my mind open when it comes to the Falcons? When is it an open mind and not just blindly following what we are fed with no explanation or repercussion?

My mind was open with Mora, Petrino, Mularkey...et al.

Don't get me wrong. As a Falcons fan I am required to support this chuckle head and if he makes this team a world champ then I'll be glad to eat crow. I also dont have to be happy about the hire either.

Fool me once shame on you.....and you know the rest.

How long should I keep my mind open when it comes to the Falcons? When is it an open mind and not just blindly following what we are fed with no explanation or repercussion?

My mind was open with Mora, Petrino, Mularkey...et al.

Don't get me wrong. As a Falcons fan I am required to support this chuckle head and if he makes this team a world champ then I'll be glad to eat crow. I also dont have to be happy about the hire either.

I have never once said i was overjoyed with the hire but to be whining like a teenage girl before anything happens is foolish.

Edited by DirtyBirdsDirtyWords

I have never once said i was overjoyed with the hire but to be whining like a teenage girl before anything happens is foolish.

#1 I only whine like a teenage girl when I see Justin Beiber.

#2 Why do I have to wait for this guy to do something before I have an opinion? Some people prefer to sit on their hands and just blindly follow what others do, some use their voice to offer a counter-point....basically the reason behind having a message board.

Some of the people here will find no fault in what the front office does EVER. I mean, they could hire the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL and still be pleased.....oh wait, the Falcons just did that.

#1 I only whine like a teenage girl when I see Justin Beiber.

#2 Why do I have to wait for this guy to do something before I have an opinion? Some people prefer to sit on their hands and just blindly follow what others do, some use their voice to offer a counter-point....basically the reason behind having a message board.

Some of the people here will find no fault in what the front office does EVER. I mean, they could hire the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL and still be pleased.....oh wait, the Falcons just did that.

Wait..Your asking why should you have to see the man do his job before you judge him on how good he is at that job??!?!?!? lol wow You can have your opinion but should you choose to voice it prematurly its simply lacking credibility. man that line in bold is a perfect example of a common problem around here.

Wait..Your asking why should you have to see the man do his job before you judge him on how good he is at that job??!?!?!? lol wow You can have your opinion but should you choose to voice it prematurly its simply lacking credibility. man that line in bold is a perfect example of a common problem around here.

Ok, you keep harping on this point in every thread on the board, what dont you understand?

This guy has a long history of coaching both in college and in the NFL. NOTHING he has done screams of him being exceptional, NOTHING. Is it really that out of the ordinary to base an opinion on someone from their track record?

Do you never vote in Presidential elections unless the candidate was previously the President? I mean, how can you vote when a candidate has never held that job before? You look at when they have done in the past. What they have accomplished and what they have done in lesser positions.

Like it or not, when you cast your vote, you are passing judgement.

If things ran the way you wanted no one would ever be held accountable for past transgressions or sucess.

I've used simple analogies to explain it to you but apparently you either can't or refuse to grasp them.

I've watched him call 3 games this season and while that alone is not enough evidence to formulate an opinion, his body of previous work is.

It's that simple. If you cannot comprehend that either you are a troll or more stubborn than you claim I am.

Oh, I have an open mind, alright, and I wish Koetter much success.....mainly because I love my Falcons.

But if you go by his past record - in the pros, he's mediocre at best. Is that what we want.....mediocre??? I thought just being "good" wasn't acceptable anymore.

Blank, TD & Smitty said they want us to be "great", remember? And then they allow this to happen? I'm confused.

I mean, Clements would have been a much better choice, in my opinion. And now that the Packers are done, there's a real possibility we could have gotten him. Can you imagine what Matty Ice would have been like, under his tutelage?

Oh well, guess we'll never know, now...

Edited by FalconJim