What Is Up With Koetter Being Told Not To Talk To The Press?

Guest King Shot

Maybe i'm mad in thinking this, but seeing as this is the Official website's message board, surely the general feeling on here that he would be most people's last choice must have been picked up by someone? I'm not saying TD or Smith read the boards but surely general fan consensuses has to be taken into account even to a small degree?

This fanbase eats up all the **** they put out though. Like someone else said, you saw how everyone embraced that ridiculous "Rise Up" thing, despite its incredible lameness and the organization's own inability to live up to it themselves.

This franchise is run like a political campaign. Continuously throw out meaningless buzzwords and phrases while doing absolutely nothing of substance yourself and just hope that the idea of a word is enough to blind people to the fact that you're just another gigantic fraud.

Maybe is because they know that fans will be upset with the pick and are asking what the sports reporters will about him being accused of being a MM 2.0 and will he be capable of making this offense successful compared to the non success that he had in Jacksonville coming from a 32nd ranked offense. Sounds like they want to get him on the political correct way to answer the possible questions of scrutiny he may receive from D -led an company. I already see that Rotoworld is already on the falcons for making this pick. They said when it got reported to look for the falcons to be the same in 2012 under Keotter.They in my opinion knew that that were going to pick this guy. Blank said when D-led asked him would the public be able to meet the candidates that this would not be a public vote as in we know that we going to be under some heavy stuff by doing this and Smitty even said that it would be a private matter. I think that Mike Nolan will be our DC or Granthem but I don't see it being Spags that's just to make us think that they will give their best effort to get the best fit for this team. I'm willing to give whoever a shot knowing that the success will rest on MS and if it doesn't work may God have a new job in plce for him.

They have to provide him with all the "buzz words" and marketing strategies that they have to use to try and make this look like a good hire before they let him get in front of the press. Want him to feed the same line of BS the FO is feeding people.

They are already using the word "verticle" passing game. Like some other poster said, what other type of passing games are there? Horizontal?

They are already using the word "verticle" passing game. Like some other poster said, what other type of passing games are there? Horizontal?

More "explosive" talk. They find a new word to feed everyone.

Process

execute

explosive

rise up(ok that's 2)

vertical

Enough of the mottos, put up or shut up. I expect the word process to make its way back to the spotlight this season.

They have to provide him with all the "buzz words" and marketing strategies that they have to use to try and make this look like a good hire before they let him get in front of the press. Want him to feed the same line of BS the FO is feeding people.

You put that very well my friend.

See my post about the press conference.

Good to know that somebody around here is not just a blind follower.

Guest TheIdowu

It is a hard sell, and I just shook my head when I read it, but it was because I lacked knowledge. From what I've read so far, at least conceptually, this is the guy we want. He wants to do everything that Mularkey didn't. I'm still confused as to who people wanted, the failed head coach that hasn't been an OC in years (Billick) or the QB coach with almost no experience as an OC. (Clements)

Oh, the irony, but no one will answer this question.

It is a hard sell, and I just shook my head when I read it, but it was because I lacked knowledge. From what I've read so far, at least conceptually, this is the guy we want. He wants to do everything that Mularkey didn't. I'm still confused as to who people wanted, the failed head coach that hasn't been an OC in years (Billick) or the QB coach with almost no experience as an OC. (Clements)

I have the same feeling. Still kind of shocked. The organization knows that they've lost Atlanta's confidence, yet they sign the leader oft he worst O in the league.

<p>

WINNER. This is exactly what I was coming here to post. He's probably getting a catchphrase crash course right now. "Okay Dirk, if you'll look on page one you'll find a list of acceptable buzzwords that you're allowed to say to the media. "Process" , "Falcon Filter" , "Explosive" , "Familiarity" , "Consistency" , and "This will be a learning experience" are just some of the ridiculous bull**** that you're allowed to verbally vomit while in front of a microphone. Now, if you'll turn to page 2, we'll show you why the 6 yard curl route and running the ball up the middle over and over and over again is the recipe for success in this league.."
</p>

Yep.

This trick is becoming very recognizable.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3940044-marketing-marketing-marketing-buzz-word-buzz-word-buzz-word/page__fromsearch__1

Edited by Daddy's Home