After Stepping Back...hire Could Turn Out Pretty Good

This guy is essentially the anti-Mularky. My favorite quotes of his is something along the lines of "If you complete 48% of your downfield passes for 18 yards that's what I like. I'd rather do that than work hard for 4 yards".

He is very big on chunking it and running 3-4 WR sets, something we seemingly never could figure out. Mularky's gameplan never involved more than 2 receivers. It was obvious when Douglas would come in for Julio and make big plays but if Julio was in then Douglas never sniffed a catch.

Chris Mortenson and Peter King talk about his explosive mindset on Twitter a little bit:

Peter King:

"Picking Koetter over Schottenheimer, I believe, was a nod by Atl to developing Ryan and the downfield passing game."

Mort:

"Other note on Koetter is when he was Ariz St HC, Sun Devils were known as explosive passing team. You play with hand you're dealt."

"Koetter will enjoy a few more talented receivers than he had in Jacksonvillle."

Paul Kuhursky (AFC South blogger for ESPN:

"Despite #Jaguars horrible year, Dirk Koetter is a good coach. I expect him to do well w #Falcons and Matt Ryan."

LMAO

I love how this thread appears right above the thread you made ONE HOUR AGO saying that TD and Smitty should put their houses up for sale.

In the future, perhaps you should go out and do a little digging about the three or four candidates we're looking at so you can have some perspective about each of them - prior to their hiring - rather than making yourself look like an idiot when you make these ridiculous statements upon simply hearing the NAME of the individual hired.

LMAO

I love how this thread appears right above the thread you made ONE HOUR AGO saying that TD and Smitty should put their houses up for sale.

In the future, perhaps you should go out and do a little digging about the three or four candidates we're looking at so you can have some perspective about each of them - prior to their hiring - rather than making yourself look like an idiot when you make these ridiculous statements upon simply hearing the NAME of the individual hired.

First of all are you really laughing your *** off? And second maybe that's why this thread title starts off "After Stepping Back"?....

Edited by Dharma Initiative

In that article he also talks about using 4 wrs to strcth the field horizontally, the singificance of the slot WR, and how he used his RBs to create mismatches in the passing game. These are things that MM was unwilling or unable to do in his flawed scheme and that is precisely what held this offense back.

First of all are you really laughing your *** off? And second maybe that's why this thread title starts off "After Stepping Back"?....

Yes, I really laughed.

I'm aware of what you titled this thread as, slappy. I'm merely suggesting that there's a better way to handle this type of situation in the future so that you can avoid looking like an idiot due to spouting off after only knowing the NAME of the individual hired.

Our Falcons need to rise up on the field and our fans need to wise up on this message board.

Guest TheIdowu

Fans

Cant live with them; cant live without them. WIth this thread, there's hope for humanity and our future and children. I was about to give up on us as human beings.

Nice info.

I think people get too fixated on the jags last year.

When we played them Gabbert had some chances had he not pussed out .

I will say the same thing I said about MM.........If you qb misses open wrs, or your wrs drop the ball there is not a play call you can make that will be effective.

When your tackles let the Defense in the backfield as the ball is snapped then there is nothing you can do.

In the end it is going to boil down to execution........All that said I think there needed to be a mindset change.

And this guy appears to want to have the mindset that given the players we have we should have.