Dirk Koetter Hired

Zodiac

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gritz, you are usually one of the level headed posters on this board but today you're acting like a real idiot. You can't even spell his name right, so please don't judge until we know more about the him and the situation. He wants to throw the ball and smitty and td are in survival mode so expect that to happen.

I'm not telling you how to feel about the hire....Don't presume you have the leverage or stones to tell me the same...

Also posting from my iPad, spelling not a huge concern.

You have anything else? I didn't think so.

All I will say is this:

RT @mortreport: Mike McCarthy, 31st offense with 4-12 49ers and those Packers made an unpopular hire - always a lesson on overreaction.

https://twitter.com/...578384971108352

It was actually the 32nd offense, but the very next year with the Packers, they ranked 9th. The following year: 2nd.

Edited by vel

Guest TheIdowu

Well enlighten us on what makes Dirk Koetter a good coach.... has a team he coached had a winning record? Went to the playoffs? Won a SB? If the answer to all these are no then exactly what qualifies him to lead us to the next level?

Enlighten me as to when or where I said he was a good coach? Also, enlighten me as to why I should not let wisdom and common sense prevail and wait and see? Enlighten me as to why I should listen to fans' opinions on a coaching hire?

I prefer to use my brain and the sound wisdom and good common sense the good Lord gave me. In life, you don't answer a matter before you hear the question. Also, you dont draw conclusions before you have proof, evidence, etc. Why would it be any different in the hiring of employees? If everyone thought the way most of our fans are thinking right now, NE wouldn't have three titles with Bill, McCarthy wouldn't have the greatness he has been experiencing up in GB.

My god Falcons faithful, let's use some common sense and think about this logically instead of flying off the handle on pure emotion.

Success elsewhere doesnt guarantee success in a different situation. SImilarly, unsuccess elsewhere doesnt mean one cannot be successful elesewhere.

How would you feel if you got turned down for a job or promotion because you had seemingly unsuccessful track record? You'd be pissed and confused and bytching about having been the better candiddate

Give the man time and then draw your opinions.

What's the big deal? Most of you guys got what you wanted and that was for MM to leave and get a new OC. Well he's gone and we have a new guy in so stop bitching.

It's like a kid begging for a Nintendo Wii and when they finally get it they complain because it's not the color they wanted.

Why are yall hating on this man when he hasnt even coach us yet...yall are not open minded which is the reason we have one of the worst fan bases in the country SUPPORT THE MAN he could do wonders for us this year with a full offseason

I'm sorry if most of us aren't blind homers and are content with whoever they hire.

What's the big deal? Most of you guys got what you wanted and that was for MM to leave and get a new OC. Well he's gone and we have a new guy in so stop bitching.

It's like a kid begging for a Nintendo Wii and when they finally get it they complain because it's not the color they wanted.

I was sort of hoping for an upgrade, not more of the same. I should have seen this coming, though. Atlanta teams have a history of quick hires of people they should step over.

Everybody needs to put Gritz's Falcon/Jaguar as their avatar if they hate this move. That is if Gritz doesn't mind.

Can't change my signature avatar, however I agree with Gritz. Smitty had better lay off how this guy is going to call the offense and how his future DC is going to call the defense. If he screws this up, he's over.

after reading those comments, Im not feeling to good about this. The one poster was right in saying that even if you dont have talent you should still be able to show signs of creativity and put your guys in the best position to win.

Guest TheIdowu

Enlighten me as to when or where I said he was a good coach? Also, enlighten me as to why I should not let wisdom and common sense prevail and wait and see? Enlighten me as to why I should listen to fans' opinions on a coaching hire?

I prefer to use my brain and the sound wisdom and good common sense the good Lord gave me. In life, you don't answer a matter before you hear the question. Also, you dont draw conclusions before you have proof, evidence, etc. Why would it be any different in the hiring of employees? If everyone thought the way most of our fans are thinking right now, NE wouldn't have three titles with Bill, McCarthy wouldn't have the greatness he has been experiencing up in GB.

My god Falcons faithful, let's use some common sense and think about this logically instead of flying off the handle on pure emotion.

Success elsewhere doesnt guarantee success in a different situation. SImilarly, unsuccess elsewhere doesnt mean one cannot be successful elesewhere.

How would you feel if you got turned down for a job or promotion because you had seemingly unsuccessful track record? You'd be pissed and confused and bytching about having been the better candiddate

Give the man time and then draw your opinions.

I was hoping we were going with someone who has some winning playoff pedigree. Instead we go with someone who is not a threat to take Mike Smith's job. I hope this guy has something to bring to the table, because I don't see anything impressive here at all.

What's next? Are we going after Buffalo's LB coach for DC, maybe we can get another overmatched college guy for the position.

So much for a big splash and a vote of confidence.

You also have to consider if some of these coaches actually want to come here to coach the players we have and be under Mike Smith.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these OCs and DCs think they could do a better job than Smith so they probably turn us down.