Dirk Koetter Hired

Zodiac

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic overreaction by the message board! If it's not the hire they want then the sky is falling, we all wanted Mularkey gone and now we got our wish...I'll pass judgement after our first four games, until then I won't jump ship.

exactly! I'll, at least, give him a chance!

They're going to have to blow me away with whoever they pick up as the DC because right now I'm ******* pissed off. Out of all the choices they hire one of the worst candidates. I don't care if he had **** players last season, he has been nothing but mediocre with the Jags during his tenure and all they're doing is continuing the mediocre nature of this offense.
funny u say that since 07 the onpy weapons he had was mjd and lewis.. and they both were productive and gone to the probowl....

In all honesty we cnt say we dnt want a guy cause of his last gig.. we dnt kno wat his situation was, he could have been told to run the offense a certain way... He wants to pass the ball but he had a rookie QB who has no pro offense experience, bad o-line, no WRs, i mean u act like he was the one playing and making INTs and caused all thoes turnovers... this FO kno more then we do. And they kno wat he is capable of...

How would FANS know who is and is not a good coach? How do fans know? All we do is watch the games and pay ridiculous amount of money we do not have in the first place to support the team.

Dude, how does the FO office know either? Did they even interview Clements? Probably not seeing as he's still in the playoffs

By the time this day ends I might be......

I fully expect the next news from the Branch to be that we have traded Matt Ryan somewhere for some draft picks and have picked up free agent David Garrard to be our starting QB next year.....

I wonder if Tony Boselli can still play tackle?

Gritz I always viewed you as a voice of reason. I'm not asking you to be convinced this is a great hire but want to know what would cause you to hate it? This guy is the anti mularkey. Dont you think this is the type of offensive scheme that will allow Matt, roddy, Julio and hd to achieve their full potential. Or do you view Matt simply as a dink and dunk qb

Look, this is a VERY competitive league. Given the size of all NFL teams' playbook, it's virtually certain that every team has most of the same plays in their book. The difference lies in the game plan week-to-week and what plays are actually called in the game. MM was PROVEN to be a conservative play caller, even with a boat load of offensive playmakers available to him. While I am not personally thrilled with this hire, I will take a wait and see approach before slamming the hire. Obviously, Koetter had no where near the offensive firepower at JAX that MM had at ATL.

You must know the extreme pressure AB placed on TD and MS. It seems safe to assume that MS preferred someone he knew well, but that TD accepted Koetter's plan for the Falcons offense. You absolutely DON'T get hired at a job like this (or in any competitive job market) without the ability to articulate exactly what you plan to do. Since I trust AB and TD more than I do MS, at the moment, then I will accept the fact that they 'bought into' Koetter's plan for maximizing the potential of the talent we have.

Gritz I always viewed you as a voice of reason. I'm not asking you to be convinced this is a great hire but want to know what would cause you to hate it? This guy is the anti mularkey. Dont you think this is the type of offensive scheme that will allow Matt, roddy, Julio and hd to achieve their full potential. Or do you view Matt simply as a dink and dunk qb

In all honesty for me DBDW it goes beyond just who and what Koetter is as a football coach.

I've done my homework. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction on my part. I know that Koetter does have at least some history of a more vertically-oriented passing scheme in the play books wherever he has coached.

I also know though from reading some press out of Jacksonville that Koetter felt like he was handcuffed by the conservative tendencies of HC Jack Del Rio...

Hello? He's facing the same thing here in Atlanta. Why should Koetter, the Falcon players or Falcon fans expect that he will have any more freedom to implement his entire playbook here than he did in Jacksonville?

I was hoping for a signal from Flowery Branch that we were going to bring in a strong OC who wouldn't have his playbook compromised by a restrictive HC.

I have a question. If Smith has no input on offense or defense then wtf is he even here for? Look at the 12 teams that made it to the playoffs this year--All had coaches that had their hands on at least one side of the ball except for one---Mike ******* Smith.

Good ole' boy network. I remember when Mora tried to make this the 49ers South and now we are going to be the Jags North. What have the Jags ever accomplished? At least with MM he had the offense in the top 10. I think this is a move to shield Ryan. We were going to see how Ryan performed with a "real" OC. Now the Ryan apologist brigade will have another scape goat

I ain't gonna trash the guy........Yet.

I wasn't exicted about any of the rumored OCs. Billick, Schott, Clements or Koetter. Truth be told I thought we had the right OC. If we had caught three dropped TD passes and converted three 4th and 8 inch run plays, our message board would have been better, our stats would have been better, our record would have been better, our playoff seeding would have been better and we'd probably be playing in GB at 4:30 pm today.

Mularkey has to be laughin his as off right about now. Brand new job with at least a 3 year security blanket. Got a raise. Got more control. Got a defense. Got a running game. Got some picks. Got some cap money. Got an owner that will get him what he needs. Got a weak division. Got back to Florida with family. Gotta be laying on a beach right about now. Mularkey is winning with jaguar blood.

Anyway I'm hoping buddy can come in and be successful. I need rest. Welcome to ATL bro. If you fck up you could be gone next year though and I will likely have some kind of 3rd grade nickname for you like Dirt Cotter. Good luck.

In all honesty for me DBDW it goes beyond just who and what Koetter is as a football coach.

I've done my homework. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction on my part. I know that Koetter does have at least some history of a more vertically-oriented passing scheme in the play books wherever he has coached.

I also know though from reading some press out of Jacksonville that Koetter felt like he was handcuffed by the conservative tendencies of HC Jack Del Rio...

Hello? He's facing the same thing here in Atlanta. Why should Koetter, the Falcon players or Falcon fans expect that he will have any more freedom to implement his entire playbook here than he did in Jacksonville?

I was hoping for a signal from Flowery Branch that we were going to bring in a strong OC who wouldn't have his playbook compromised by a restrictive HC.

But we don't know that for sure, Gritz. Mr Blank and TD could have had a talk with Smitty about turning it a few notches on both sides of the ball and stop being so dang passive and conservative. I honestly feel they did after witnessing what they witnessed in the past season.

Good ole' boy network. I remember when Mora tried to make this the 49ers South and now we are going to be the Jags North. What have the Jags ever accomplished? At least with MM he had the offense in the top 10. I think this is a move to shield Ryan. We were going to see how Ryan performed with a "real" OC. Now the Ryan apologist brigade will have another scape goat

That's probably why some here are so angry over the pick and already putting blame on someone that hasn't even did anything yet. Elephant in the room?

Mularkey has to be laughin his as off right about now. Brand new job with at least a 3 year security blanket. Got a raise. Got more control. Got a defense. Got a running game. Got some picks. Got some cap money. Got an owner that will get him what he needs. Got a weak division. Got back to Florida with family. Gotta be laying on a beach right about now. Mularkey is winning with jaguar blood.

Could be, but since I'm only concerned about the Falcons I don't really care.

I ain't gonna trash the guy........Yet.

I wasn't exicted about any of the rumored OCs. Billick, Schott, Clements or Koetter. Truth be told I thought we had the right OC. If we had caught three dropped TD passes and converted three 4th and 8 inch run plays, our message board would have been better, our stats would have been better, our record would have been better, our playoff seeding would have been better and we'd probably be playing in GB at 4:30 pm today.

Anyway I'm hoping buddy can come in and be successful. I need rest. Welcome to ATL bro. If you fck up you could be gone next year though and I will likely have some kind of 3rd grade nickname for you like Dirt Cotter. Good luck.

MM is better place in Jacksonville right now than Smith is in Atlanta. Jacksonville just need some defensive playmakers, wideouts, and some more depth and they could compete with Houston and Indy.