Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowen

Someone On Twitter Reporting Rumor On Spags To Falcons Over Phi

82 posts in this topic

I started to get on the Clements bandwagon but was just listening to Mort on 680 and he characterized Clements as "really laid back, not known for being real in your face" type of personality. After 4 years of MM, not sure that is really where we need to be going

McCarthy is the same way. Laid back isn't a bad thing. MM wasn't INVOLVED. That's different. It was his way or the highway. MM wasn't in tune with his players and what they wanted. Look at that Packers offense. They aren't a real fiery bunch. They have a workman approach but can still talk a little trash. The offensive attack has to be aggressive, as opposed to the defense, the players and scheme both have to be aggressive. If 1 side is aggressive, it will spill over on to the other side.

Steve Spagnuolo is expected to return to the Eagles by the end of the week, Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network reported.

LaCanfora, citing NFL sources, wrote that Spagnuolo would likely replace embattled defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, perhaps not in name, but as the leader of the Eagles defense.

LaCanfora, though, told Ruben Frank of CSNPhilly earlier today that he was reporting that Spagnuolo would visit Philadelphia by the end of the week, not that the former Rams head coach was going to be hired by the Eagles in that time span.

If Spagnuolo is heading to the area, he may show up at Eagles headquarters and find an empty NovaCare Complex. Most of the Eagles decision-makers are on vacation this week. Eagles coach Andy Reid is away until Sunday, a source close to the situation said, so it is unlikely that any coaching changes will be announced before Sunday.

Reid, of course, was able to mastermind overhauling his coaching staff while he was away on a Caribbean vacation last January.

Spagnuolo is currently also on a vacation with his wife (at the same location as Reid?) but is expected to return tomorrow. He was fired by the Rams last week after three years as head coach. Spagnulo spent eight years with the Eagles as a defensive assistant, but left in 2007 to become the New York Giants' defensive coordinator.

If Spagnuolo does not replace Castillo as coordinator he could be named an assistant head coach along with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. If Castillo is out in his current position, he could fill the vacany at secondary coach after Johnnie Lynn was fired last week.

Former Eagles safety Quintin Mikell, who played under Spagnuolo last season in St. Louis, said last week that he thought his former coach would end up back in Philadelphia. Mikell said that Spagnuolo, as head coach, may have missed calling plays.

Of course Swift, you always have to be anti.

But let me ask you, who do you want as DC? I don't think I have seen you post anybody you want, just everything negative about who are possibilities.

Steve Spagnuolo is expected to return to the Eagles by the end of the week, Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network reported.

LaCanfora, citing NFL sources, wrote that Spagnuolo would likely replace embattled defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, perhaps not in name, but as the leader of the Eagles defense.

LaCanfora, though, told Ruben Frank of CSNPhilly earlier today that he was reporting that Spagnuolo would visit Philadelphia by the end of the week, not that the former Rams head coach was going to be hired by the Eagles in that time span.

If Spagnuolo is heading to the area, he may show up at Eagles headquarters and find an empty NovaCare Complex. Most of the Eagles decision-makers are on vacation this week. Eagles coach Andy Reid is away until Sunday, a source close to the situation said, so it is unlikely that any coaching changes will be announced before Sunday.

Reid, of course, was able to mastermind overhauling his coaching staff while he was away on a Caribbean vacation last January.

Spagnuolo is currently also on a vacation with his wife (at the same location as Reid?) but is expected to return tomorrow. He was fired by the Rams last week after three years as head coach. Spagnulo spent eight years with the Eagles as a defensive assistant, but left in 2007 to become the New York Giants' defensive coordinator.

If Spagnuolo does not replace Castillo as coordinator he could be named an assistant head coach along with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. If Castillo is out in his current position, he could fill the vacany at secondary coach after Johnnie Lynn was fired last week.

Former Eagles safety Quintin Mikell, who played under Spagnuolo last season in St. Louis, said last week that he thought his former coach would end up back in Philadelphia. Mikell said that Spagnuolo, as head coach, may have missed calling plays.

Read more: http://www.philly.co...l#ixzz1jMdGiTBU

Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Hooray for reporting news from 4 days ago! You do realize things change quickly in the NFL?

Its the end of the week and theres been NO reports of Spags on the eagles since Tuesday; if anything, reports have been going the OPPOSITE direction for the eagles.

Read more: http://www.philly.co...l#ixzz1jMdGiTBU

Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

You forgot one important piece to this article:

Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012, 11:35 AM

scar988 is the name of a poster who was here back in the day. He came back under another username. scar988 was one of my favorite posters back in my early days.

I remember him. As soon as I saw the name on twitter I just laughed because as far as I remember quoting him as a source would be no different than someone using me as a source for inside info.

Of course Swift, you always have to be anti.

But let me ask you, who do you want as DC? I don't think I have seen you post anybody you want, just everything negative about who are possibilities.

I wouldnt mind Spags ..I like Spags he is gritty and hard nose..I just dont think he is coming ..I also think he did a poor job with Rams and he succeded with Giants cause they had the horses in the barn

2 guys I want

OC- Al Borges ( Michgian OC OPERATES WCO SPREAD)

DC- Karl Dunbar

Hope Spags is not just using our interest to increase leverage and get more money from Philly. The article said it might be a bidding war, Maybe his agent is trying to create that.

You forgot one important piece to this article:

Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012, 11:35 AM

Yeah there is nothing to report since Tuesday cause its probably a done deal ..he is on vacation

so would you take your info from Jason La from NFL NETWORK or scar988 ?

Has anyone even reported Falcons have meet with Spags ? or just reported were really interested

I wouldnt mind Spags ..I like Spags he is gritty and hard nose..I just dont think he is coming ..I also think he did a poor job with Rams and he succeded with Giants cause they had the horses in the barn

2 guys I want

OC- Al Borges ( Michgian OC OPERATES WCO SPREAD)

DC- Karl Dunbar

So you want a career DLine coach to be the DC? The fact that Blank said what he wanted from his coordinators makes this one a no go. He has no experience.

Al Borges is a career college OC. Blank wants top NFL experience. Borges has been at Michigan for 1 year. Doubt he leaves for a lateral promotion to the NFL when he has never done it.

Tell me what the Rams have to work with. They have some DEs and they did what the NYG DLine did. I know you saw the Rams-Saints game. That Rams team has no talent. I don't fault him for struggling when your starting corner is Al Harris.

Tell me what the Rams have to work with. They have some DEs and they did what the NYG DLine did. I know you saw the Rams-Saints game. That Rams team has no talent. I don't fault him for struggling when your starting corner is Al Harris.

who the **** Falcons have on dline

Ray Edwards ?

Perria Jerry

Babs ..who looked done

Kroy Bierman

lol seriously and Abe a free agent

So you want a career DLine coach to be the DC? The fact that Blank said what he wanted from his coordinators makes this one a no go. He has no experience.

yep a career dline coach that got the best of his unit each and every single season and which Ray Edwards had his best season

a dline coach that also is huge on stopping the run

Yeah there is nothing to report since Tuesday cause its probably a done deal ..he is on vacation

so would you take your info from Jason La from NFL NETWORK or scar988 ?

Has anyone even reported Falcons have meet with Spags ? or just reported were really interested

Theres just about every other media reporting Falcons have interest in Nolan and Spags already. Its not just "some random guy on twitter". Just about every media outlet right now is reporting NOTHING about the eagles, but Spags is coming up in Falcons articles.

Not to mention LaCanfora has been wrong before, and THE EAGLES RUMOR IS 4 DAYS OLD - saying it would be a done deal by Friday.. Its friday, no Spags to Eagles rumors even still in sight.

Theres just about every other media reporting Falcons have interest in Nolan and Spags already. Its not just "some random guy on twitter". Just about every media outlet right now is reporting NOTHING about the eagles, but Spags is coming up in Falcons articles.

Not to mention LaCanfora has been wrong before, and THE EAGLES RUMOR IS 4 DAYS OLD - saying it would be a done deal by Friday.. Its friday, no Spags to Eagles rumors even still in sight.

ok common sense I know some people dont have that here but why wouldnt we have intrest in SPAGS ?

of course Falcons have intrest in spags he is def a candiate

THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE HAS INTREST IN US

Is there any report Falcons and Spags have meet ...NOPE

Is there any report Spags wants to come here....NOPE

Falcons have no D cord they have intrest in a lot of canidates

ok common sense I know some people dont have that here but why wouldnt we have intrest in SPAGS ?

of course Falcons have intrest in spags he is def a candiate

THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE HAS INTREST IN US

Is there any report Falcons and Spags have meet ...NOPE

Is there any report Spags wants to come here....NOPE

Falcons have no D cord they have intrest in a lot of canidates

We all know what your game is swift; how many times have you been banned?

By the same token, is there any articles relating Spags to the Eagles made PAST tuesday morning?? (You do realize it is FRIDAY.. that article was made Monday night, with the timestamp of Tuesday written on it. 4 days ago!)

NOPE.

There you go.

We all know what your game is swift; how many times have you been banned?

By the same token, is there any articles relating Spags to the Eagles made PAST tuesday morning?? (You do realize it is FRIDAY.. that article was made Monday night, with the timestamp of Tuesday written on it. 4 days ago!)

NOPE.

There you go.

I will take that 1 report of a NFL insider that works for NFL network and writes articles for NFL .COM who has reported basically Spags will be going to philly has some info to be stating that ..

There is no news cause according to that report cause Spags and Reid are both on vacation until sunday ..So that is why you can report there has been no updates ..so unless BLANK AND TD get on a plane and go visit Spags at his vacation spot or unless Blank makes a formal offer over the phone without meeting him or sweet talks him enough to come in for a interviwe before he takes Philly job ...

so I will stand by the news from a NFL insider that SPAGS will be going to Philly ..

familiar face could be returning to the Eagles.

According to a report by the NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora (and then reported by Philly.com), former defensive assistant Steve Spagnuolo is expected to be back with the team before the end of the week.

La Canfora reported that Spagnuolo will replace defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, perhaps not in title, but as the leader of the Eagles defense.

The Eagles had no comment. Eagles head coach Andy Reid is on vacation and various reporters (including Geoff Mosher and Jeff McLane) who cover the team say no announcement will be made before he returns.

I remember him. As soon as I saw the name on twitter I just laughed because as far as I remember quoting him as a source would be no different than someone using me as a source for inside info.

Think about it real hard man. He's STILL here.

As I mentioned in the first post, this is all SPECULATION, not a "confirmed source".

I'll take your word for things if you can provide the following:

1) You "predicted" things previously like this guy has; ie the Julio Jones trade-up. So clearly hes doing good on his "guesses"

2) You provide a statement that has a LOGICAL reason to it; IE the deal of Spags to Philly was never finalized because he wants the AHC tag, and Morningweig has it in Philly.. THEREFOR the Falcons have a bargaining chip over Philly for Spags' services. Weither it is true or not, it makes sense. It is Plausible.

3) When you are FOLLOWED on twitter by Jay Adams and Ledbetter. Sure, not big names, but this guy isnt just some random poster with 5 posts talking out of his butt..

So yes, while I never said this is a CONFIRMED REPORT, the guy is more credible than you or swift and your reports from Monday. Infact, the latest report on NFL.com about Spags is talking about him and Atlanta, nothing about Philly.

3) When you are FOLLOWED on twitter by Jay Adams and Ledbetter. Sure, not big names, but this guy isnt just some random poster with 5 posts talking out of his butt..

So yes, while I never said this is a CONFIRMED REPORT, the guy is more credible than you or swift and your reports from Monday. Infact, the latest report on NFL.com about Spags is talking about him and Atlanta, nothing about Philly.

beat it buddy ..

scarr988 is a fan that used to swing from Vicks YKW ..

I have reported a lot of breaking news here first ..Now I dont care as much but back in day ..I reported here 2 weeks we were talking to Jason Garrett before it became public we were and he turned us down .ask old timers.

I reported on Monday Falcons were going to move on from MULARKEY - MY THREAD WAS DELETED

Swift @SwiftHitter 9 Jan

@JayGlazer - Ill break some NFL news for you man ..Mularkey out as Falcons office wont make formal announcement to hurt chance as HC

people think Spagnuolo to PHI just because he was there for 8 years. that doesnt mean anything though.

How many coaches really go back to their old team?

I also thought I read his exit from PHI wasnt exactly rosey?

I think any team looking has as good a shot of PHI as long as there are some peices to work with on the DL.

Not only that but Philly leads the nation in homicides... Spags doesnt want that for his family....ph34r.png