What Happened To That Boy?! Part I...our Qb

That first video truly shows...at one time..the guy could really throw an accurate, timely deep ball...WOW....I really hope he can get that swagger back...

The first video shows how wrong you all were about Chris Houston. You all said that his problem was not turning his head around. I always thought that he just couldn't cover.

Great GREAT song.

♫ I heard they snitchin' on a player man say it aint so

Even as a young'n they consigned me to blow

Which explains why I'm worth my weight in gold

While they was taking baby steps from an 1/8th to an O ♫

♫ Glistenin' wrist on chiller

Gun in the same palm: gorgeous killer

I put this on my lord: my niece was 4 when she felt chinchilla

I passed the shore for that ship that made fiends rise from the dead like

Thriller

Gangster...Hustler

At night still found time to kiss my mother ♫

Brrrrrrr

Coaching..........is screwing him up. Remember 2008 Smith was coaching to win, coached with fire and, now he is coaching not to loose. Matt needs a coach who inspires him to take those chances again.

2008: Matt goes head over heels in MIN -- with a playoff seed pretty much already guaranteed (we won btw)

2011: Matt slides before the third down (GB) and runs OB with plenty of green in front of him (NYG) -- both at critical junctures of our season, and we lost

Edited by Mary Jones

He is not that bad, people. He has put up good numbers, but yes I think they have gotten in his head. It is his responsibility to snap out of it and I think he can do it, but having a new coach with a different perspective that gives him more freedom and asks him to take more risk will greatly help him snap out of it.

2008: Matt goes head over heels in MIN -- with a playoff seed pretty much already guaranteed (we won btw)

2011: Matt slides before the third down (GB) and runs OB with plenty of green in front of him (NYG) -- both at critical junctures of our season, and we lost

I said this is another thread, but it bears repeating. The moment Matt went to the sideline after that Vikes play, he was told NEVER to try something like that again. Too dangerous for a franchise QB.

I guess he followed directions. dry.png

Matt is still the same guy. People act like he wasn't taking shots while getting the ball down field. You'd think he had Alex Smith numbers. The lack of sacks this year are all Matt.

Matt can't just draw up plays in the dirt and turn this offense into the juggernaut we all want it to be. It's so ridculously lazy and typical to blame it all on the QB.Matt absoultely couldve played better, and absoultely needs to work on his deep ball. That said, go back and pay attention to the Mularkey interviews, the Smitth press conferences. Everything that we are all whining about, crying about was completely foretold in the language of our coaching staff.

Smitty blamed our playoff failures on turnovers. Completely absolving any schematic or gameplanning of any fault in those losses. He also said that there were no deep routes because we didn't trust our pass protection.

What did we see Sunday? An offense scared to throw down field, because we were too terrified of turning the ball over, and our OL leaking like a sieve.

Sorry folks, Matt deserves blame, but Joe Montana wouldn't have done jack in that game plan.

I love Smitty, but he keeps this team scared and overly cautious. All the blame belongs to him. Hopefully with new coordinators and some fresh perspective, this stops.

I still think it is odd to proclaim the death of a QB who STILL had career highs in yards and TD and still had a 60%+ completion rate and over a 2 to1 TD ratio.

Ryan is not done improving even though this board is only fixated on throwing the ball down the field.

I still think it is odd to proclaim the death of a QB who STILL had career highs in yards and TD and still had a 60%+ completion rate and over a 2 to1 TD ratio. Ryan is not done improving even though this board is only fixated on throwing the ball down the field.

It is odd, but it is the microwave mentality of our society. He is 26 and has improved his numbers every year in yards and TDs. People forget that Brees took time to get to the level that he is at and so did Eli Manning. Does he need to improve? Yes, especially in the playoffs, but a new OC will do wonders if it is aggressive and gives the keys of the offense to Ryan.