Joe Theismann On 790 The Zone...

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see how far spread apart Ryan feet are on that is cause he is overcompensating his lack of arm so his poor mechanics breaks down leads to more LOFT on ball..I tried explaing a MILLION times to people who ever played sports they always fail to see this ..

Physik_trajectory_of_the_throwing_knife.gif

*** People with lesser arm strength ....TEND TO RELEASE at less angle ...put more AIR under ball hoping it gets to point ..

Cam Newton is better than Ryan. Brees is clearly better than Ryan. Ryan will never be more than 3rd for many years to come in this division. Cam needs is defense so Carolina will be better than Atlanta. Josh needs some weapons so he will be better than Ryan. I should have went into further detail but didn't bother.

Cam needs defense to be better than Matt Ryan and the Falcons. I'll hold you to that.

Cam's going to need a very good defense if he throws that many INT's every year.

Cam was a flash in the pan early, but he'll go Vince Young in 5. Josh Freeman; big, powerful, not better than Matt Ryan.

So do the Falcons improve at all or is the theory this: if all other teams improve, and the Falcons don't, then he'll be 4th?

Cam needs defense to be better than Matt Ryan and the Falcons. I'll hold you to that.

Cam's going to need a very good defense if he throws that many INT's every year.

Cam was a flash in the pan early, but he'll go Vince Young in 5. Josh Freeman; big, powerful, not better than Matt Ryan.

So do the Falcons improve at all or is the theory this: if all other teams improve, and the Falcons don't, then he'll be 4th?

No, Cam is better than Ryan as it is. Cam team defense is horrible. They lost a top 3 linebacker and a top 15 linebacker to injury. I would make a bet with you that Carolina will be better than us next year if Ryan is our QB because I have very little faith in the game manager.

Vince Young? Are you serious. I hope you are just saying that because of your bias and not because of logic. That's more silly than believing a coach can make Ryan who lacks the talent, elite?

Josh Freeman is not better than Ryan. He is more talented than Ryan. Give Freeman weapons and a coach, Freeman>>>Ryan.

The Falcons best players are 30 and older. Only Julio and Spoon is under 30. We are built to win now.

Edited by #1 pick

Study the game. LMAO Swift. IF you did, you would know using a scouting report is silly, and Accuracy\Touch is more important than a big arm. I'm pretty sure Warrick Dunns scouting report said he didn't have the size to pound the rock, and would be a 3rd down back in the NFL, which he disproved. You're a joke swift, and I am sure the "Swift" account is an alt for someone else on this board.

Study the game. LMAO Swift. IF you did, you would know using a scouting report is silly, and Accuracy\Touch is more important than a big arm. I'm pretty sure Warrick Dunns scouting report said he didn't have the size to pound the rock, and would be a 3rd down back in the NFL, which he disproved. You're a joke swift, and I am sure the "Swift" account is an alt for someone else on this board.

are you upset I hit you with the scouting report and now you acting like a LIL COWARD ..you're a joke

get lost buddy ...beat it I showed you a scouting report now you back track like a lil girl

get lost ...

A top 10 list of what NFL talent evaluators look for when figuring if a college passer has what it takes to succeed at the league's premier position. Info provided by Sports Illustrated May 1st, 2006 Issue.

QUARTERBACK CHECKLIST

#1 ARM STRENGTH : The Redskins overlooked this in drafting Heath Shuler at #3 IN 1994, as did the Bears in taking Cade McNown at #12 in 1999. " Name the last great quarterback who didn't have a strong arm," says former Giants passer Phil Simms. " I can't." In this draft, Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt and Kellen Clemens of Oregon would please Simms.

#2 FOOTBALL IQ : "The most important thing we do in evaluating a quarterback," says Titans coach Jeff Fisher, "is putting him up in front of our staff, firing questions at him and seeing if he can break down defenses and analyze why he makes certain decisions." Teams like that Matt Leinart got a head start by studying the NFL game tape last fall while at USC.

#3 ACCURACY : Michael Vick of the Falcons, the #1 pick in 2001, remains vexed by what troubled him at Virginia Tech : a low completion percentage. Vick's rate is 54.1% , about five points BELOW the league average. That's two or three completions per game that stops drives.

#4 MOBILITY : Good Vision and nimble feet can make up for sheer speed. The Colts Peyton Manning , the first pick in the 1998 draft, can move in the pocket and avoid rushers well enough.

#5 LEADERSHIP : Tom Brady is a regular at the Patriots' off-season workout programs. It's not hard to get full attendance when this era's Joe Montana leads the way.

#6 TOUGHNESS : Packers GM Tom Wolf, whom traded for Brett Favre in 1992 and later drafted Matt Hasselbeck in the 6th round in 1998, figured out Favre when, 31 days after stomach surgery, Favre took the field and led his college team, Southern Mississippi, to victory.

#7 RESUME : Says Saints coach Sean Payton, " I want to see a winner, a competitor, a guy who plays great from behind, a guy who plays well in big games." Though Cutler was on a bad Vanderbilt team, coaches believe he raised the play of the Commodores significantly.

#8 MATURITY : In 1998 the Chargers (drafting 2nd) overlooked such red flags around Ryan Leaf as his skipping his interview with the Colts (who held the 1st pick) at the scouting combine.

#9 PEDIGREE : " I love a coach's or player's son," says Eagles coach Andy Reid. "Favre, Hasselbeck, Ty Detmer, Mark Brunell, A.J. Feeley-- they've had the competitive part of the game pounded into them. They're going to know what it takes to win."

#10 HAND SIZE : No Kidding. Teams want a guy whose outstretched throwing hand measures at least 9 1/2 inches from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger. The Eagles knocked Daunte Culpepper off their draft list in 1999 in part because of his small hands.

Well, thought this was an interesting top ten list worth repeating to those who may have missed it. Alex Smith might be a good example of #10 on this list with Marcus Vick and LenDale White with problem at #8 on this list. Matt Leinart may have been better off dropping to the 10th pick with Arizona as I think there is much more talent on offense than what the Titans have right now. Leinart has good leadership and football IQ but his accuracy and arm strength lack.

why dont you go study your Matt Ryan FATHEAD poster that hangs over your bed at night when your mom tucks you in for milk and cookies ..

No, Cam is better than Ryan as it is. Cam team defense is horrible. They lost a top 3 linebacker and a top 15 linebacker to injury. I would make a bet with you that Carolina will be better than us next year if Ryan is our QB because I have very little faith in the game manager.

Vince Young? Are you serious. I hope you are just saying that because of your bias and not because of logic. That's more silly than believing a coach can make Ryan who lacks the talent, elite?

Josh Freeman is not better than Ryan. He is more talented than Ryan. Give Freeman weapons and a coach, Freeman>>>Ryan.

The Falcons best players are 30 and older. Only Julio and Spoon is under 30. We are built to win now.

So Cam gets the Defense, Freeman gets weapons and a coach, and Matt gets nothing. After that, you pose that Cam & Josh will be better.

Talk about stacking it against a guy.

No Bias on the Freeman line; he's not better than Ryan. Cam Newton has one year under his belt with a lot of hype early on when he was just slinging it.

While watching a game I went to the fridge only to come back pissed because we were punting....

Turns out we didn't punt, it was just a deep pass by Ryan.

It was incomplete.

So is it that you can't even follow the game and don't know what down it is, or do you just not understand football?

You sound like a clueless woman or a nerd trying to figure it out.

"Oh, it's 2nd down......guess I'll go to the fridge and grab a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Oh, second down isn't when you punt?".