Glad Arthur Blank Is Not A "stat Monster" Like Some On This Board

That was made known when he debunked the "6th in sacks allowed" achievement Dimitroff was touting. Made him look real silly. Like many of you fail to realize, Ryan regressed this year, regardless of the numbers he put up. For whatever reason (oline, coaching, happy feet, etc.) , he did not look the same. The only stat Blank cares about is playoff wins and moving on in the tournament.

That was made known when he debunked the "6th in sacks allowed" achievement Dimitroff was touting. Made him look real silly. Like many of you fail to realize, Ryan regressed this year, regardless of the numbers he put up. For whatever reason (oline, coaching, happy feet, etc.) , he did not look the same. The only stat Blank cares about is playoff wins and moving on in the tournament.

That was the highlight of the press conference. He essentially said "to heII with these excuses and broken records, enough of this sh*t, the only stat I care about is wins."

Edited by Mega Flare

I don't agree that Ryan regressed. I think he was uncomfortable at time. I think it was said best, when TD and Smith were pointing out our problems, they stated missing tackles and dropping balls, Blank chimmed in and said missing blocks. That spoke volumns. Same as when Blank referred to Smith stating that we were 6th in sacks allowed, he pointed out how that stat does not show how many times Ryan had to dump the ball off quickly to avoid a bad situation. He again stated how Ryan was sacked twice on Sunday, but was pressured all day. Blank made it a point to show where the o-line didn't do their job.

I think Ryan did enough to be consider an improving player in my mind. Passing yards, passer rating and TD's were the highest of his career. Completion % was the second highest of his career. Ints were not the lowest of his career, but they were not the highest and he has a better than 2 to 1 TD to int ration. To me it means he played well. Well enough to be very successful. Football is not about one player and everybody has to play well.

Edited by isproab

On the other hand, Mr. Blank clearly appreciates what TD and Mike Smith have accomplished in making this team a consistent winner. And he clearly thinks he has the right guys directing the ship.

I think he mentioned all that to say that the time to celebrate that kind of success is over. MS made a point to agree with that, and that getting to the playoffs is only the beginning. TD focused more on his confusion on why players are missing tackles and dropping balls. It felt like he was passing the buck to the coaching staff.

Just imagine the conversation Blank had with TD and MS before the press conference. HeII, imagine the plane ride home from New Jersey.

So now maybe some of the trolls will put a little more trust in AB. since TD and MS have not been fired yet please extend a little freaking patience and perspective to AB and realize he will do what is right for this team.

AB can fire anyone he wants and the people that are still here are here for a reason.