You all can quit with all of turner's stats...HE DOESN'T PERFORM AGAINST GOOD TEAMS!!! He beats up on the bottom feeders!! Injury plagued Carolina, Hapless Bucs, Titans, Lions (who EVERYONE is running all over)...If someone brings up his "productive" season again I'll hurl!! Lol..

Again..we gotta get a back like Matt Forte...

Okay. It's all him. Nothing to do with the good teams' D-line and LBs embarrassing our O-line. All I've heard all year is about how terrible Baker and the line is, but it's all the RB's fault. The RB with 1300 yards. Yeah, he's garbage.

Matt Forte has averaged 3.9, 3.6, 4.5, 4.9 in his 4 years.

Turner has averaged 4.5, 4.9, 4.1, 4.5.

Don't even look at the total yardage. Forte's best is 1200. Turner's is 1700, plus two 1300+ years. Matt Forte over Turner LOL. Hey, even better let's get Chris Johnson.

Edited by windu
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. It's all him. Nothing to do with the good teams' D-line and LBs embarrassing our O-line. All I've heard all year is about how terrible Baker and the line is, but it's all the RB's fault. The RB with 1300 yards. Yeah, he's garbage.

Don't even look at the total yardage. Forte's best is 1200. Turner's is 1700, plus two 1300+ years. Matt Forte over Turner LOL. Hey, even better let's get Chris Johnson.

Are you intentionally ignoring Forte's receiving stats and the fact that he is more than a 1 dimensional back? Forte had more receiving yards in his rookie year than Turner has had in his entire career.

Edited by Aftermath

hmmm

Turner 10 rush 100 yds/ 3 catches 40 yards

Forte 16 rush 68 yds/ 5 catches 90 yds

kinda looks like if we got Turner more involved in the passing game then he'd be a more effective back, but did we ever use him as such? Turner is a better back than we use him for and a creative would get some a lot of miles out of the big fella but I guess juking all crazy gets you more style points

I take it you dont watch the games......Turner usually drops the ball when its thrown to him. Look you can like him, but it does not change the fact that he is not a threat against better defenses. He cant even be counted on to get 1 yard. I thought that was evident by the fact that on 4th and 1 we never handed him the ball TWICE. I believe we handed to him on 3rd and 1 and he got stuffed as usual. He falls when he's blown on. You can tackle him with a finger.

I stopped reading after you mentioned Baker. You dont watch the games..........Baker does though, from the bench....he only started 6 games so why are you bringing him up?

I take it you dont watch the games......Turner usually drops the ball when its thrown to him. Look you can like him, but it does not change the fact that he is not a threat against better defenses. He cant even be counted on to get 1 yard. I thought that was evident by the fact that on 4th and 1 we never handed him the ball TWICE. I believe we handed to him on 3rd and 1 and he got stuffed as usual. He falls when he's blown on. You can tackle him with a finger.

2010.jpg

tell me which game to watch these drops

WOW!!!! We have some of the most stupid fans, give up MT33 have u lost ur F-in mind. the number 3 rushing back in the NFL. okay let talk explosive run over 20 yards. MT33 had 11 and only 2 RB in the entire NFL had more lesean mccoy with 14 and forte had one more with 12.

If that not good enough let talk explosive runs over 40 yards. In the entire NFL ray rice leads with 5 and Tuner and forte has 4. so as u can see MT33 is doing it in both explosive runs over 20 and 40 yards and thats MORE THAT ALRIGHT IN MY BOOK AND EVERYBODY WITH COMMON SENSE.

He 81 yard touchdown run was second longest by a RB (D. murray 91)

On those games where we played teams that beat us we abandon the run because usually we were playing catch up and our OL played poorly

Turner has gained 621 of his 1,129 rushing yards after contact, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Only Jacksonville’s MJD (687) has gained more yards after contact. Turner has had 55 percent of his yards come after contact. That percentage puts him in a tie for fourth in the league and he averages 2.3 yards after contact.

What this means tuner makes things happen insite of our ol and he is not going down on first contact.

We have a top 5 RB lets worry about the real problem that need to be fix like our weak OL.

Edited by me4falcons

I think you don't save much money and he isn't a scrub as listed above. I don't think trade value is very high sorry to me best bet is play out contract and let Rodgers develop and see if you can get a value that is a high round pick like a Forte or the plethora of other backs taken in the 3rd or lower.

Turner is still better than Rodgers. Rodgers is slow and half turners size. We need a speed back who can catch out the back. Turner is fine as long as he isnt carrying the entire team. Meaning not a run first team.

Snelling is the best catcher we have out the back and he isnt as good a pure runner as Turner.

Snelling i think will be gone this offseason. Turner is still our run game and clock manager. But Rodgers nor Snelling offer the norwood piece we are missing and thats the person who can catch and break things wide open and can slow down pass rushs.

Rodgers would run circles around turner running backwards to slow DUD your clueless.

In case your wonder ow great turner is l0ok at this forget his total yards this year yep had some big games but in 10 of 16 he had less then 100 yards.

TB 1st gm 20

SEA 70

GB 56

IND 71 Ind please

No 96

Minn 60

Hous 44

Car 2nd gm 76

Jac 61

No 31

Since you seam to be big Turner supporter try this stat forget his total yards this year in 10 of our 16 games he had less the 100 yards. in case your math isn't that good that is less the half our game he SUCKED

I think Turner presents a similar glimpse into the state of the offensive line as when Vick went to jail and we were left with Joey calling the plays. When you have a guy who's not built for elusiveness, our weakness at o line becomes more evident. We need to FIX the o line first and then put a horse back there and let him run. I see many times where Turner is having to attempt to make a move in the backfield. Now I know that's not his game, but that shouldn't be happening as often as it does either. I do agree that we need some kind of change in the direction of our run game though. I'd prefer to see first contact made on the other side of the ball instead of our backfield.

Turner performs worse against good and great teams maybe because they are good or great? Gee what a concept.

It is funny seeing other people try and bring this up, it is almost as silly as people say, well if you took away all his 40+ yrads runs his average would suck.

Hey if you took away all of his runs he wouldn't be an NFL RB.

It is funny seeing all the player hater groups on force this week looking for someone to string up. Get over it people not every team wins the SB or makes the playoffs every year, **** happens and if you don't trust our front office to make the correct changes to progress then find another team to root for. After every year we don't win the SB we are not going to clean house and start over.

Edited by SYD

Since you seam to be big Turner supporter try this stat forget his total yards this year in 10 of our 16 games he had less the 100 yards. in case your math isn't that good that is less the half our game he SUCKED

Okay so you want to talk avg. yards per game? let's do it ! only 1 rb avg. over 100 per game and that was mjd of jax. foster and F jackson over 90 at 94.2 and 93.4 in order. mcfadden is 4th with 87.7, mccoy is 5th with 87.3, ray rice is 85.3 is 6th, MT33 is 7th with 83.8 per game. matt forte is 8th with 83.1

2 blowout games we pulled tuner out of the game early and the 93 or 96 yard game could have been easily 3, 100 yard games but they were not.

lets not forget this:

WOW!!!! We have some of the most stupid fans, give up MT33 have u lost ur F-in mind. the number 3 rushing back in the NFL. okay let talk explosive run over 20 yards. MT33 had 11 and only 2 RB in the entire NFL had more lesean mccoy with 14 and forte had one more with 12.

If that not good enough let talk explosive runs over 40 yards. In the entire NFL ray rice leads with 5 and Turner and forte has 4. so as u can see MT33 is doing it in both explosive runs over 20 and 40 yards and thats MORE THAT ALRIGHT IN MY BOOK AND EVERYBODY WITH COMMON SENSE.

He 81 yard touchdown run was second longest by a RB (D. murray 91)

On those games where we played teams that beat us we abandon the run because usually we were playing catch up and our OL played poorly

Turner has gained 621 of his 1,129 rushing yards after contact, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Only Jacksonville’s MJD (687) has gained more yards after contact. Turner has had 55 percent of his yards come after contact. That percentage puts him in a tie for fourth in the league and he averages 2.3 yards after contact.

What this means tuner makes things happen insite of our ol and he is not going down on first contact.

We have a top 5 RB lets worry about the real problem that need to be fix like our weak OL.

I've proven doubter wrong with factual infomation (not like turner suck or he's slow...) turner is a top five RB anyone who can see facts are just hating to be hating

Edited by me4falcons

I get that the guy led the NFC in rushing, but he is FAT. Turner is a slow, scared tub of lard. The guy isn't running as well as he was earlier in the year, he isn't running with any power, and his speed is gone. Whether it's the groin injury or the Mughelli injury, the guy sucked late in the year. I want us to make a play for another back like Forte, Michael Bush, or Marshawn Lynch. I think after seeing what Turner has done against good teams, we should try and trade this guy.

na.. u guys just need a 2 back system like the rest of the NFL has.

Giants for example: You have your Jacobs, now you need your bradshaw.

I do not think Snelling is the answer

Hmmm, on that 81 yard run, did you notice that nobody from the opposing team was trying very hard to tackle him?

Sproles had 86 catches, Rice had 76, Turner had 17. Not being an effective threat out of the backfield really hurts this team.

Having said that, don't want Turner gone, just his carries reduced. He was hurt yet again going into the playoffs and didn't have any burst. He needs to have between 150-200 carries, have the rest

distributed between Snelling, Rodgers or a back to be named later.

Or he needs to catch a few 1000 passes this offseason and make that a part of his game.