I Know It Sucks

packfntk

The season is over guys. I am sure emotions are high and people are saying things they don't mean and won't follow through with. I know some of you will be angry with me for posting, but I check this board regularly so I thought I would offer my thoughts:

1- I agree with a lot of you that Matt Ryan will not be considered elite until he wins SOMETHING in the post season. After last seasons loss to the Packers, TD and MM made it a point to bring in a playmaker (julio) so that they can stay with offenses. Well, he did during the regular season but laid an egg in the playoffs. Stop the dink and dunk and throw the ball down the field, you have the weapons. Roddy and Julio are a great tandem, and TGonz is one of the best TE's in the league. Use them and use them often.

2- I am sorry, but Turner is on the downslide. He surprised me at the beginning of the year, but as the year progressed he did not. He looks slow, and I would be frustrated if I were a Falcon fan. I don't know what he has left on his contract, but I would not renew when it is time, move in another direction.

3- Everyone knew your defense was suspect (I know WELL about cheering for a team with a weak defense- see Packers rankings). Pass rush needs to improve and Ray Edwards failed miserably this year. Your secondary was a little beat up by my understanding, but even Grimes being present would not have saved you Sunday.

I know a few of you will bash me for coming on here and giving my input, but so be it. Just wanted to relay what I saw. Your team is not far off. TGonz will only play another year, but other than that you are all right offensively. Good WR's, a decent line, and a possible future star at QB. Dude needs to put up or shut up next year (Figure of speech). You need to draft defensively next year with the picks you have remaining. So I know it will be a long offseason, but have faith in next year. I know my Packers have their hands full with the Giants as well, but hopefully we will prevail at home. Fire away boys.

Right and fair about most of your post.

But wrong. Your Packers won't have their hands full with the Giants.

That's what irked most about yesterday. The Giants aren't that good.

This Sunday:

Eli - 270 yds., 2 TDs, 3 ints.

Rodgers - 375 yds., 4 TDs, 0 ints.

Pack wins 38 - 17.

Edited by Keith

I agree with OP for the most part, but you failed to mention our greatest need...We need O-lineman..this is why turner can't run the ball and why we can't throw deep...holes were collapsing all day forcing our 245 pound running back to bounce it outside and the giants were able to get pressure with just their front 4...i know the giants front is really talented, but this has been a recurring theme in the 2011 season

I agree with OP for the most part, but you failed to mention our greatest need...We need O-lineman..this is why turner can't run the ball and why we can't throw deep...holes were collapsing all day forcing our 245 pound running back to bounce it outside and the giants were able to get pressure with just their front 4...i know the giants front is really talented, but this has been a recurring theme since Reeves & Vick were here

I fixed your post for you.

I agree we are close, though I am starting to feel we are not as good as I thought, but I sincerely believe MM is part of the problem and our O-Line is the rest. I am still butthurt to quote rival central at the moment though. But hey, there's always next year :(