Matt Ryan 0-3 In The Playoffs - Read

Matty Ice is 0-3 when it counts most. Is it time to give up on him yet? Time for this organization to bite the bullett and make the big change? There are many on these boards who seem to think this is a good idea. I will admit to giving that some thought as well this afternoon. But in the end, we are in bed with Ryan for better or worse. I do think it will be better though. We've got the skill position talent to take this team to the top, we just need to give it the meat inside to maximize the skill position talent thst we do have.

After the loss this afternoon I was offline for a while, no MB, no twitter, no anything, just time away to let the end of the season sink in. So I was looking back over some tweets that were made this evening before I went to bed and came across this one that was retweeted by Jay Adams

Peyton Manning started 0-3 in the playoffs. In those 3 playoff games Manning averaged 186 yards, completed 47.8% of his passes, had 1 TD & 2 INTs.

Ryan is also 0-3 in the playoffs. In those 3 games he has averaged 194.7 yards, completed 64.2% of his passes, had 3 TDs & 4 INTs.

I come back to something I say or think a lot, especially when reading these boards. We are way too impatient as a society. So Ryan is 0-3 in the playoffs, that doesn't mean he can't win. He has led this team to the playoffs in 3 of 4 years, that's impressive regardless of what QB or team you are looking at. Brees has only been in 3 of the last 4. So has Brady & Roethlisberger. Vick has NEVER gone to the postseason in 3 out of 4 years.

Is it disapointing that we have not won a post season game under Ryan? Sure it is, but remember that this is just the beginning of Ryan's career. Remember that this is real life and not a video game where you can just easily restart or make trades or cuts. We all badly want to win, and we all know we can perform better than we've shown in the playoffs thus far. I am by no means giving Ryan a pass for his performance in the playoffs, I've mentioned in some other posts that Ryan holds his share of the blame, but we've laid out a course for this franchise and we need to continue on that course, changing in the middle of it could have serious repercussions and set us back to the Falcons of the pre-Mike Smith era. Are there changes that need to be made, absolutely, but Ryan is not one of those changes.

Just as an FYI, Ryan who reminds many of Manning in his cerebral way of playing the game, has similar, and in some cases better stats than Manning in his first 4 years. Ryan has more TDs/attempt and fewer INTs/attempt than Manning did in his first 4 years.

True. That puts some perspective on it..

Ryan does deserve his share of blame, but the truth is no one played well on offense yesterday. The defense held up in the 1st half, but cant do everything without an offense.

Just think about how good we can be, when Ryan finally gets that playoff monkey off his back. That will give him the confidence to win in the postseason for years to come IMO.. But we will have to wait and see, and as you say, be more patient. We will have to find a new good OC as our first thing of the offseason, though.

If you watched Peyton Manning through the years you knew he was special . His command and presence was like no other QB . He made the offensive system . Matt Ryan is not in same breath as Peyton . Its a disgrace to do so

Just cause Peyton struggled in his first couple of playoff games and Ryan has we need to equate the 2 . it doesnt work like that

You seen a QB like Tim Tebow make huge throws and our QB look timid and scarrec

Matt Ryan is not the guy to lead us to SB

If you watched Peyton Manning through the years you knew he was special . His command and presence was like no other QB . He made the offensive system . Matt Ryan is not in same breath as Peyton . Its a disgrace to do so

Just cause Peyton struggled in his first couple of playoff games and Ryan has we need to equate the 2 . it doesnt work like that

You seen a QB like Tim Tebow make huge throws and our QB look timid and scarrec

Matt Ryan is not the guy to lead us to SB

Ok... so who is then?

Matty Ice is 0-3 when it counts most. Is it time to give up on him yet? Time for this organization to bite the bullett and make the big change? There are many on these boards who seem to think this is a good idea. I will admit to giving that some thought as well this afternoon. But in the end, we are in bed with Ryan for better or worse. I do think it will be better though. We've got the skill position talent to take this team to the top, we just need to give it the meat inside to maximize the skill position talent thst we do have.

After the loss this afternoon I was offline for a while, no MB, no twitter, no anything, just time away to let the end of the season sink in. So I was looking back over some tweets that were made this evening before I went to bed and came across this one that was retweeted by Jay Adams

Peyton Manning started 0-3 in the playoffs. In those 3 playoff games Manning averaged 186 yards, completed 47.8% of his passes, had 1 TD & 2 INTs.

Ryan is also 0-3 in the playoffs. In those 3 games he has averaged 194.7 yards, completed 64.2% of his passes, had 3 TDs & 4 INTs.

I come back to something I say or think a lot, especially when reading these boards. We are way too impatient as a society. So Ryan is 0-3 in the playoffs, that doesn't mean he can't win. He has led this team to the playoffs in 3 of 4 years, that's impressive regardless of what QB or team you are looking at. Brees has only been in 3 of the last 4. So has Brady & Roethlisberger. Vick has NEVER gone to the postseason in 3 out of 4 years.

Is it disapointing that we have not won a post season game under Ryan? Sure it is, but remember that this is just the beginning of Ryan's career. Remember that this is real life and not a video game where you can just easily restart or make trades or cuts. We all badly want to win, and we all know we can perform better than we've shown in the playoffs thus far. I am by no means giving Ryan a pass for his performance in the playoffs, I've mentioned in some other posts that Ryan holds his share of the blame, but we've laid out a course for this franchise and we need to continue on that course, changing in the middle of it could have serious repercussions and set us back to the Falcons of the pre-Mike Smith era. Are there changes that need to be made, absolutely, but Ryan is not one of those changes.

Just as an FYI, Ryan who reminds many of Manning in his cerebral way of playing the game, has similar, and in some cases better stats than Manning in his first 4 years. Ryan has more TDs/attempt and fewer INTs/attempt than Manning did in his first 4 years.

Edited by DatBoiBird

Guess what. The guy isn't going anywhere anytime soon so trying to get him out of a Falcon uniform will not help anything. Until this team takes an aggressive approach on offense, we will never make it to the SB. HD and Gonzo weren't really used until the 4th. We do not spread the ball around at all which is not good in this league. Dunta even called the offense out for crying out loud

I think we should draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd round

or take good look at Peyton Manning

Trade Ryan while he still has value

This is very important.

Right now his ability is just in the stage where people are questioning. Once it becomes established that he is, in fact, Joey Harrington, there is no turning back from that and we will get nothing for him.

First of all, Peyton Manning is staying with the colts. So no chance that is happening.

Secondly, even if the colts were that dumb, Peyton would want 12 - 15 mil and we dont have that.

Third, if the same coaching staff, and supporting cast remain, the outcome would be the same....a winning season, with a disappointing loss in the playoffs.

We have way too many other needs on this team that are far more serious then at QB.

a little piece of advice, ignore all posts made by Swift, your wasting your time replying to the ignorant.

Matt Ryan is so overrated...i be glad when the Falcons recognize that....he looked like a dear caught in headlights out there today....timid aint the word for it..more like "scared" we have to much to only give so little...so next year i won't spend a dime going to the games....tv it will be for me thats all they deserve....i hope the whole attendance go down so they can see(front office) we as fans deserve better...and with Matt Ryan we are not getting it...he has had 3 chances in the playoffs and everyone of them he did not show up to play....so what is it going to take for us to stop hoping and wishing on a star??? just think if Vick wouldn't had his trouble off the field we wouldn't even be having this conversation....so they had to save face by bringing in Matt "The Great White Hope" Ryan to make a change.....SORRY BUT UNTIL I SEE SOME PROGRESS...IM GOING ON A FALCON STRIKE!!! and trust me i have the pull to start a trend!!! 25 years and all i've got out of the Falcons is disapointment!! "IM DONE"

Matt Ryan is so overrated...i be glad when the Falcons recognize that....he looked like a dear caught in headlights out there today....timid aint the word for it..more like "scared" we have to much to only give so little...so next year i won't spend a dime going to the games....tv it will be for me thats all they deserve....i hope the whole attendance go down so they can see(front office) we as fans deserve better...and with Matt Ryan we are not getting it...he has had 3 chances in the playoffs and everyone of them he did not show up to play....so what is it going to take for us to stop hoping and wishing on a star??? just think if Vick wouldn't had his trouble off the field we wouldn't even be having this conversation....so they had to save face by bringing in Matt "The Great White Hope" Ryan to make a change.....SORRY BUT UNTIL I SEE SOME PROGRESS...IM GOING ON A FALCON STRIKE!!! and trust me i have the pull to start a trend!!! 25 years and all i've got out of the Falcons is disapointment!! "IM DONE"

Someone else will buy the tickets, jerseys, etc. They don't give a f#@k about you, nor do they owe you a d@mned thing. Buying tickets and/or merchandise doesn't come with a guarantee of playoff success.

I think it's hilarious to see all these threats of boycotting the team... just like when everyone was gonna boycott because of the lockout... but then once the season started, everyone was right back sucking at the teat of the money hungry monster.

We have 25 mil under cap

Sign depth keep Harry Douglas / Bierman

Give Peyton 15 mil

Trade Ryan to Miami for 2nd round pick and Sean Smith

we will be super bowl contender with Manning

The irony of you wanting to replace a guy, because he hasn't won in the playoffs after just 4 years in the NFL, with a guy who took like 6 years to win a playoff game is cracking me up. Especially since nobody really even knows if Manning is going to be able to play.

anyone got the gif yesterday when Ryan broke out of pocket had no Giant defender around him for 10 yards and he trips over his own 2 feet and face plants ?

That was funny . its sad for me to laugh at that but it was funny

Sometimes being a smart QB doesnt outweigh a QB who has physical talent