Please Cut The Mularkey!

Hoosier

Our OC is a one trick pony, and everyone knows when the pony is going to do his trick! He stubbornly sticks to his power football, even though he has an OL not built for power football. Stubbornness is not a bad attribute in itself, only when it is substituted for a lack of creativity. Maybe a rebuilding franchise could move up a level with him as their HC or OC, but not a team ready to play at the level the Falcons are ready to play at. His limited abilities are exposed every time an important game is played.

You change your game plan when your talent is not suited for a particular style of play. If you have a weak OL you call more screens, play actions, etc… Do you ever see the offense running these plays? Do you ever see halftime adjustments? Do you ever see a play called that you didn’t know was coming?

It is time to cut the Mularkey and get some playoff calibre play calling on this team!

Edited by Hoosier

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our OC is a one trick pony, and everyone knows when the pony is going to do his trick! He stubbornly sticks to his power football, even though he has an OL not built for power football. Stubbornness is not a bad attribute in itself, only when it is substituted for a lack of creativity. Maybe a rebuilding franchise could move up a level with him as their HC or OC, but not a team ready to play at the level the Falcons are ready to play at. His limited abilities are exposed every time an important game is played, but looks good playing sub .500 teams.

You change your game plan when your talent is not suited for a particular style of play. If you have a weak OL you call more screens, play actions, etc… Do you ever see the offense running these plays? Do you ever see halftime adjustments? Do you ever see a play called that you didn’t know was coming?

It is time to cut the Mularkey and get some NFL level play calling on this team!

I said it after last year's horrible loss---

I said it during the lock-out---

I said it during pre-season---

I said it after our shaky start---

Matt Ryan is a WCO quarterback, and STRICTLY a WCO quarterback. His skill-set is perfectly aligned to be a dominant quarterback in the West Coast Offense.

Our offensive line would benefit from playing in a quick-throwing offense.

Our receivers are big and physical, and would be lethal in the slants and crossing routes prevalent in a West Coast Offense.

We just need to find or draft an all-purpose back, equally adept at running, blocking, or receiving.

Mularkey is apparently unable to go to the library and study up on the intricacies of running a true West Coast Offense.

Fire Mularkey.

Hire a WCO-guru know knamed Knapp.

Print playoff tickets.

Please MM leave for an other team and take mike smith with you, I'm done with this coaching staff, and yes it's great to have back to back hoopla nut it only matters if u win In the playoffs, this coaching staff has teken this team as far as they can, thank you for what you have done and good bye

NFL not for long

Edited by mark0demi

If you think murlarkey is the problem you are sadly mistaken.The problem is what has always been Matt Ryan.

I guess I am sadly mistaken then, the Falcons are not equipped to play the style of football they are trying to play. The problem is our OC does not know any other style. Ryan has done very well considering the OL he has had to work with this year.

You are just out there, trying to go there. As we all try to analyze what happened it will become more apparent to most, that we need to cut the Mularkey. Like the previous poster said we should be running a different style offense with our personnel.

I love how some of you think a new OC is gonna magically make the Falcons world beaters. Average players = average team.

Supes, I know the players are part of the problem for sure. Ya got to know that the coaching is also a part. Heck look a Denver the put together a team around Tebow in 1 week. Oh, and they did not have to bring in any new players. It can be done ya just have to be willing to change.

Supes, I know the players are part of the problem for sure. Ya got to know that the coaching is also a part. Heck look a Denver the put together a team around Tebow in 1 week. Oh, and they did not have to bring in any new players. It can be done ya just have to be willing to change.

I agree. The problems with the Falcons run much deeper than just a change in OC,.......IMHO.

I love how some of you think a new OC is gonna magically make the Falcons world beaters. Average players = average team.

I think you are missing some points being made here, you play schemes suited to your talent. Then maybe average players in one scheme excel in another.

It is much easier for coaches that really know their football to adjust the offense then it is for players to adjust their talent, right? The problem is our OC has shown throughout his tenure as a Falcon that he does not know how to adjust.

I think you are missing some points being made here, you play schemes suited to your talent. Then maybe average players in one scheme excel in another.

It is much easier for coaches that really know their football to adjust the offense then it is for players to adjust their talent, right? The problem is our OC has shown throughout his tenure as a Falcon that he does not know how to adjust.

It's a matter of opinion. I think he does what the talent level can handle. You think that a new OC will make us world beaters. It's all good.

We wont include me.

I know it is not all his fault. He could change some things but has he? I think you will find your answer next year.

true, he can change some things, but people forget matt ryan can audible. dude has a ton of control in this offense. MM cant do anything if Ryan only throws to his check down or scrambles out of the pocket when the line is actually keeping the pressure at bay. MM could change some things but he was failed by his offensive line and his probowl QB today. Dont blame MM for TD not having adequate O Line replacements

Edited by natod12

I love how you think in the NFL, where talent is fairly equal, our entire offense is average but our OC does the best with them.

Seriously, how does our average offensive players have anything to do with every team knowing exactly what we will do on either 3rd or 4th and less than 1?

I know you are a "respected member" around here.. but you do not seem to understand. This team has AMAZING players, one of the most loaded rosters in the league. Seriously, look at our offense. Roddy and Julio both top 10 WRs in the league, TG is top 5 TE, Turner is top 5 RB, Matt Ryan is top 10 QB, and then we have Snelling and Jaquizz who could be starting on some teams. Our OL is not the absolute best but they are good enough. This offense sucks SOLELY because of Mularkey. Its so painfully obvious I just don't get it how some people still are in denial.

You take a team like Denver's offense; way worse OL, RBs, TEs, WRs and Tebow?? Yet with great playcalling and John Fox's defense, they beat the Steelers.

FOOTBALL is 100% ABOUT THE COACHING.. Thats how Belichek is always putting together great teams even 11-5 with Matt Cassel (who is what, 2-14 with KC's offense now??) and Packers had Matt FLYNN put up 500 yards against a playoff team.. its ALL about scheme and playcalling, players really mean very little in this league. This isnt the NBA or NHL where Lebron or Crosby can basically win a championship themselves.

Whatever, Falcons will never be good because Atlanta fans are somehow happy with just squeaking by, never actually getting the big game. If you were real fans, being this close and getting BLOWN OUT every playoffs would piss you off as much as it does me. I rather not even make the playoffs than get there and get blown out this bad. Its pathetic.

If you think murlarkey is the problem you are sadly mistaken.The problem is what has always been Matt Ryan.

you are an idiot. what is he suposed to do when stuck consistantly in 3rd and longs. We line up in run formationas and what do we do? Run the ball. Its so stupid, we use no deception, no trickery, no misdirection. The offense is constantly and continuously set up for failure. you cant simply impose your will on good teams. That crap works on bad teams, but as we have all seen time and time again, it doesn't work against good teams and it sure as **** doesnt work in the playoffs

I love how you think in the NFL, where talent is fairly equal, our entire offense is average but our OC does the best with them.

Seriously, how does our average offensive players have anything to do with every team knowing exactly what we will do on either 3rd or 4th and less than 1?

Evidently, THEY CAN READ MIKE SMITH'S MIND! When those decisions are made, it's Smitty making them and calling the plays, not MM. And Smitty, bless his hearts, made some bad decisions and play calls today. 4th and 1,...naked backfield? SMH

I know you are a "respected member" around here.. but you do not seem to understand. This team has AMAZING players, one of the most loaded rosters in the league. Seriously, look at our offense. Roddy and Julio both top 10 WRs in the league, TG is top 5 TE, Turner is top 5 RB, Matt Ryan is top 10 QB, and then we have Snelling and Jaquizz who could be starting on some teams. Our OL is not the absolute best but they are good enough. This offense sucks SOLELY because of Mularkey. Its so painfully obvious I just don't get it how some people still are in denial.

You take a team like Denver's offense; way worse OL, RBs, TEs, WRs and Tebow?? Yet with great playcalling and John Fox's defense, they beat the Steelers.

FOOTBALL is 100% ABOUT THE COACHING.. Thats how Belichek is always putting together great teams even 11-5 with Matt Cassel (who is what, 2-14 with KC's offense now??) and Packers had Matt FLYNN put up 500 yards against a playoff team.. its ALL about scheme and playcalling, players really mean very little in this league. This isnt the NBA or NHL where Lebron or Crosby can basically win a championship themselves.

Whatever, Falcons will never be good because Atlanta fans are somehow happy with just squeaking by, never actually getting the big game. If you were real fans, being this close and getting BLOWN OUT every playoffs would piss you off as much as it does me. I rather not even make the playoffs than get there and get blown out this bad. Its pathetic.

Purely your OPINION. Nowhere can you state anything as FACT.

I respect you too, BTW.

It's a matter of opinion. I think he does what the talent level can handle. You think that a new OC will make us world beaters. It's all good.

Who, in your opinion, are the average players?

Just curious. I have my opinion (and in my opinion, we have some offensive players who need to be replaced), but I'd like to hear yours. I saw a pretty good offensive roster score 0 points against a crappy defense. That's not "average," that's crap. I also saw a coaching staff compound mistake upon mistake.

And I read this article where several of our players said what most of us have been saying all season:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_new_york_giants_defensive_line_falcons_010812

Evidently, THEY CAN READ MIKE SMITH'S MIND! When those decisions are made, it's Smitty making them and calling the plays, not MM. And Smitty, bless his hearts, made some bad decisions and play calls today. 4th and 1,...naked backfield? SMH

It's Smitty saying go for it. It's Mularkey deciding the play.

Seriously, I just don't get your defense of Mularkey. Everyone on this team deserves blame, from Ryan to Smitty to TD. But Mularkey has been running the same short yardage plays since forever, and simply cannot come up with creative pass combos.

It's Smitty saying go for it. It's Mularkey deciding the play.

Seriously, I just don't get your defense of Mularkey. Everyone on this team deserves blame, from Ryan to Smitty to TD. But Mularkey has been running the same short yardage plays since forever, and simply cannot come up with creative pass combos.

Sometimes they work,. sometimes they don't. I do in fact defend MM, simply because he deserves defending. Y'all know which plays you hate 'cause they didn't work, but none of you know which plays would have worked for sure.

You don't fool me, 'cause like me, you're just fans.

I will say that I do think the talent on this team is vastly over-rated. They may have talent, but they don't have any stones. What they may have in bravado, they lack in balls when the going gets tough.