This Article, As Well As Espn, Disgusts Me

y article, so I take that back on them.

I mean, even Saints fans knew the article was stupid, biased, and most agreed to racial undertones by this dude. Yet few are aware that his article was edited and the racist part (against southern blacks and whites) was just removed.

y make it racial/racist?

While I do agree with the statement about your fair weather fans. I don't condone nor do I support the views of Atlanta ppl in this article!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you find out about us all being dropped on our heads? I've always wondered WTF was wrong w/ me. I actually know some people that were born in Grady back in the day. You gotta be Gangsta to have survived being born in Grady then.

LMAO! I was born at Grady in 1983

You Must be Gangsta then.

BTW Does anyone know if the Falcons play this weekend? Sorry I've been out Picking Peaches all week. Bout to eat Dinner and drink a Large Glass of SweetTea ... Anyone wanna guess what's for Dinner??? wink.png

The strangest **** thing happened to me today. I went to my closet to get a shirt, and there were all these Falcons, Braves and Hawks jerseys in there. A passionate New York fan must have put them in there when I was out of town . . . picking peaches in Middle Georgia.

The strangest **** thing happened to me today. I went to my closet to get a shirt, and there were all these Falcons, Braves and Hawks jerseys in there. A passionate New York fan must have put them in there when I was out of town . . . picking peaches in Middle Georgia.

Actually I live in Alabama ATM but I have to drive to Georgia everyday to "Pick Peaches" in the middle of Winter.

I stopped reading at "Atlanta and hockey don't go together." This guy doesn't know sh*t either. Saying no one that lives here is from here kind of undermines that in the first place, not to mention all the native Atlantans, including myself, that were season ticket holders and put up with ownership lying in our faces for a decade.

The Thrashers still hold the record for inaugural season attendance. Sports writers can suck it.

I stopped reading at "Atlanta and hockey don't go together." This guy doesn't know sh*t either. Saying no one that lives here is from here kind of undermines that in the first place, not to mention all the native Atlantans, including myself, that were season ticket holders and put up with ownership lying in our faces for a decade.

The Thrashers still hold the record for inaugural season attendance. Sports writers can suck it.

I'm glad he took a shot at defending us anyway. :)

A lot of those blogs are off. Everytime we play NY there is a ton of stuff published. 14 million is a lot of people. ESPN and NY can kiss my Azz.

What makes this article suck even worse is that I agree that our fan base is fickle. Not just the Falcons, but all of our pro sports teams. He can take his peach picking and bbq comments and go fornicate with them. I have no clue who this *** clown is that wrote the article. He works for ES Pee On , so that says enough for me. Situations like this are like an episode of COPS. We Falcons fans can beat up on each other about our attendance and dedication inside our house, but once someone from the outside is called in and they try to mediate or take sides, we'll whip your ***. I've visited some stadiums where visiting fans could get no where near the 50 yd line or second section. Here in Atlanta, I sit at the 50 down at the field next to visiting fans all the time. We're a transient city which means we will have those fans. I grew up in GA, so I became a Falcon fan in the 70's. **** my wife is a Lions fan because she grew up in MI. We are a house divided, could be worse, she could be from LA. **** just take a look around the city this week people. We are in the playoffs! I've seen three cars in traffic with Giants flags on them. How many Falcons flags? Maybe 3 or 4. Yet you will see people wearing a big G all over their bodies right down to their crotch for a college team that is playing in a meaningless bowl game. I actually feel sometimes as if I am part of an exclusive club being a Falcons fan. It's not like I can discuss our team with the average person on the street. If you think Atlanta is full of fans try doing that sometime. Even now during a time of bandwagon jumpers, when discussions are hot and not drowned out by NASCAR and SEC football. Ask someone to name some players other than Ryan. **** ask who the coaches are and management. Real fans know their team, they know the front office right down to the lines. If you go to other cities those fans know those details. Not just winning cities, either. I'm not bashing our fans, because the ones I meet at our games and on here are awesome and dedicated as ****. We love our team and will stick by them no matter what. But our city sure doesn't help the argument that DB's like this writer brings.

You are an idiot. I was actually AT that game, and the GA Dome was never cheering for the Iggles. Maybe some lone Eagle fans, and lone Vick fans, but I never heard a dome-wide cheer for the Iggles. In fact, they were booing Vick as he left with the injury and promptly pointed at the scoreboard.

I know what I heard, man. And I was at the game where I heard "We Want Vick!", Vick scores, and GA Dome erupts. I was sick to my stomach witnessing the disrespect being shown to all the Falcons on the sidelines, coaches included. It was like bringing the team out of the cesspool it was in and turning them into perennial winners was nothing. "We want Vick!"

In contrast, Brett Favre returned to Green Bay in a different uniform the following week. The Packers fans jeered him all day.

Sorry, but the city of Atlanta has a terrible fan base for its local teams. Now the guy may sound like a bigot in his message, but the message is spot on.

I know what I heard, man. And I was at the game where I heard "We Want Vick!", Vick scores, and GA Dome erupts. I was sick to my stomach witnessing the disrespect being shown to all the Falcons on the sidelines, coaches included. It was like bringing the team out of the cesspool it was in and turning them into perennial winners was nothing. "We want Vick!"

In contrast, Brett Favre returned to Green Bay in a different uniform the following week. The Packers fans jeered him all day.

Sorry, but the city of Atlanta has a terrible fan base for its local teams. Now the guy may sound like a bigot in his message, but the message is spot on.

You are an idiot!

On March 28, 2008, Parker declared on ESPN's First Take that he had low expectations for college players Tyler Hansbrough and Kevin Love in the NBA, because they are white.[1]

Parker, who is African American, is not shy to discuss the racial aspects of current sports events, such as the NBA off-court dress policy, or the lack of African Americans in NFL coaching positions. He penned a much-maligned column where he called Hank Aaron a "coward" for declining to attend when Barry Bonds would break the career home run record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Parker_%28sports_journalist%29

On March 28, 2008, Parker declared on ESPN's First Take that he had low expectations for college players Tyler Hansbrough and Kevin Love in the NBA, because they are white.[1]

Parker, who is African American, is not shy to discuss the racial aspects of current sports events, such as the NBA off-court dress policy, or the lack of African Americans in NFL coaching positions. He penned a much-maligned column where he called Hank Aaron a "coward" for declining to attend when Barry Bonds would break the career home run record.

http://en.wikipedia....s_journalist%29

He's talking about us, and making us look bad.

I've tired of defending our fan base. I myself go to games, show up on time for KO, cheer obnoxiously, and look forward to every upcoming game. I do the same for the Braves. I've talked badly about the fans at the games who don't go for the game but for the social aspect, but to each his own. I simply don't care how the media and other cities perceive this city or the fans. What the media and other cities need to realize, is that there is a lot to do here other than watching pro sports (which is nothing but entertainment). I myself mountain bike, play golf and run a small company. These things along with my wife keep me occupied 95% of the time. Attending sporting events, about 2%, and the other 3% for down time. Maybe if I lived in crappy NY/NJ, I could over pay for everything, do nothing physical outdoors, be rude an insensitive like the other ugly people there, and live my vicariously through the NY pro teams.

I think I'll keep things going the way they are now.