In 1St 4 Seasons As Hc Who Has Better Wp Than Mike Smith?

What are you judging success based off? If its playoff wins, you can name 20+ coaches. Rex Ryan got the Jets to the AFCCG twice in his first two seasons?

If its regular season wins.. well who cares, playoffs is what matters.

Edit - and don't think im bashing Smith, I generally enjoy everything about him other than his blind loyality to MM and BVG (which is the only reason I think Smith should be fired; if Mularkey takes the Jags job and BVG got a college job, id be 100% for Smith staying) and obviously Smith is in the running for the best coach we ever had (Mora and Reeves have playoffs) - but Smith isn't one of the best coaches of all time yet. Dont rank him there until we get some playoff wins first.

Edited by Snowen

See...

Come on man.

This is nonsense!

The question should be who is the most accomplished.

It's just obvious denial and a refusal to acknowledge Smith's failures.

Mike Smith is probable not in the top 3 in terms of level of accomplishment at this point in his tenure as an Atlanta Falcon head coach.

Let's take our head out of the sand people!

What are you judging success based off? If its playoff wins, you can name 20+ coaches. Rex Ryan got the Jets to the AFCCG twice in his first two seasons?

If its regular season wins.. well who cares, playoffs is what matters.

Edit - and don't think im bashing Smith, I generally enjoy everything about him other than his blind loyality to MM and BVG (which is the only reason I think Smith should be fired; if Mularkey takes the Jags job and BVG got a college job, id be 100% for Smith staying) and obviously Smith is in the running for the best coach we ever had (Mora and Reeves have playoffs) - but Smith isn't one of the best coaches of all time yet. Dont rank him there until we get some playoff wins first.

jesus.

See...

Come on man.

This is nonsense!

Mike Smith is probable not in the top 3 in terms of level of accomplishment at this point in his tenure as an Atlanta Falcon head coach.

explain this please.

this was actually supposed to be an appreciation of what our franchise and head coach has accomplished. if some of you sissy boys want to debate whether he should be fired or not, please take that to the "group 1 vs group 2" threads where there is plenty of that to go around. or better yet, add a "julio trade debate" thread since that hasn't been addressed yet.

So you try making a thread saying "Mike Smith is the greatest head coach in the history of the NFL in his first 4 years".. and get upset when people, even homers call you out on how idiotic that is? Hes a good head coach, but hes nowhere near the greatest in NFL history.

See...

Come on man.

This is nonsense!

But another question that could be asked who is a first time HC to come into a situation in the mess that the Falcons were and turned them into a perrenial play-off contender and also adding top 3 regular season winning % also if we are going to spin the question round like this.

I can't recall to many other 1st timers coming into a barren waste land like the ATL was and turn them almost full circle in 4 seasons.

Why do people bash our playoff losses....Both teams we lost to in the playoffs ended up going to the Superbowl (and one won it). We lost to 2 great teams, not some bums. Get over it.

I honestly believe that had the refs called a straight game against Arizona, we would have won the Super Bowl that year. Theres not a whole lot you can do when the refs allow a defensive lineman to be 2 feet in front of the LOS during the snap.

Edited by RubberDucky

All I know is Smith and company took over a team in a TOTAL mess. Remember, only four years ago. It wasn't like he came in and only had to tweek a few things, it was build from the ground up from the get-go. And some of you seem to forget our QB is only in his 4 th year and you want to treat him like he's been in the league as long as Rogers, Brees, and other good QBs. Believe it our not this young team has done quite a bit in 4 years. With that said I do expect a win this Sunday. It's time to rip the monkey off our back.

Last I looked, you have to amass regular season wins in order to even have the chance to get in the playoffs and play for wins. So to say that regular season wins don't count and only playoff wins do is pretty dang idiotic.

THIS