Falcon Game Today?

Just wondering. Seems like everyone's so enamoured in this group thing, that this game gets lost in the shuffle, discussion wise. Not worthy of discussion, eh? Don't we need to win today and have the Pack beat the Lions to lock up the 5th seed?. Sure wouldn't want to visit these boards anytime soon, should the unlikey happen, and we lose to the Bucs and see a mass exodous to the dark sidewink.png

Despite what some might think, this is a divisional rival, and anthing's possible with a young team, who just might lay it all on the line to play spoiler, possibly save their HC's job, etc. When it comes to divisionial games, it has been my experience that you can toss the W/L records out of the window!

Lets go Falcons!

I want to see the Falcons play with some fire and motivation today. Nothing would be better for this team and fan base than to see the Falcons handle the Bucs easily....the 'ol foot to the throat approach. If we let these guys hang around all game and/or God forbid lose then we'll almost certainly only have 4 quarters left in our season when this game is done.

If Detroit beats the Packers at 1:00 I don't see Atlanta playing their starters for more than a quarter. The Falcons will be locked into the 6th seed at that point, might as well give your banged up players some rest.

That I would agree with, but as far as everyone else, well, we know how they responded after the rest MS gave em after the Jags game.

My only question would be if the Lions win, do the Falcons treat this game as meaningless?

If Detroit beats the Packers at 1:00 I don't see Atlanta playing their starters for more than a quarter. The Falcons will be locked into the 6th seed at that point, might as well give your banged up players some rest.

Boy, if the Falcons do that (rest their players if the Lions win) I think they do so at their own peril.

They aren't in a position to rest.....either their players or on their laurels.

"Rest" hasn't been a recent friend to the Atlanta Falcons. Maybe we should try something else.

Hoping against hope that the Lions lose and we'll have something to play for at 4:15. I think this team needs to be playing for something going into the playoffs.

This^^^^^^ This team needs all the momentum we can get. If the Lions lose and you can't get fired up enough to beat down the lowly but much hated divisional rivals bucs, something ain't right.

Detriot loses, we come out make the Buc's tap out late 2nd Quarter, let the other guys get some game action, Then Detriot goes out & ethier upset the Saints or Suh on a cheap personel foul slams Drew Brees to the ground & injures his throwing shoulder putting him out the post season

Not hoping for injuries, but that one seems entirely possible given Mr. Suh's track record.

This^^^^^^ This team needs all the momentum we can get. If the Lions lose and you can't get fired up enough to beat down the lowly but much hated divisional rivals bucs, something ain't right.

Saints are a more hated rival and we know how that went. Not trying to compare the two talent wise, but throw out the records when you play teams within your division

Edited by vabchbirdlover