"turning The Page" Is Hard To Do

ol'_dirty2

Look guys,

As a Falcons Lifer...it's tough to get past the games that we (in our minds) thought we should have won. We don't just think about the loss that just occured, we relfect on other losses during the season, last season, and all the way back to the early seasons. It's tough to seperate the present from the past when trying to look into the future. But as a Falcons fan we have to realize a few things.

Winning is a new thing around here

Sure we've won games and had winning seasons, but we havent put it all together in a back to back fashion. So this is uncharted territiory here.

We won games last year that we shouldn't have

13-3 was amazing, but it came a couple years too early. You can debate which games we shouldn't have won but the fact remains that we were NOT ready for that much success.

We have to adjust to being fans of a winning franchise

I keep expecting the big letdown...I admit it!!! It's because the small and medium letdowns keep occuring right? Look, I'm the first one to admit that there is a darkside to being a Falcons fan. I try to resist the darkside, but it beckons...it's persistent...but it's a thing of the past.

I'm trying to move into the future where we EXPECT to win...we EXPECT to be great...we EXPECT to get to the postseason every season...and we EXPECT to contend for Division, Conference, and Superbowl Title on a yearly basis.

It's coming!!! We're not there, but sheet!!! Look at where we used to be. I'm proud to be a Falcons Fan!

"Still I Rise"- Maya Angelou

You With Me?

I think the bar has to be raised not only by us the fans but the whole organization. I live in NYC & have the AJC email the sports section to me, when I see poll results of what do you expect, the greatest % was winning a playoff game! A playoff game as in 1???? You have to believe in the Super Bowl, sorry. As much as I trash BVClueless, I fell we do have the talent to win it all, PERIOD! Anything less, you will hear it from me!!!!!!!

I think the bar has to be raised not only by us the fans but the whole organization. I live in NYC & have the AJC email the sports section to me, when I see poll results of what do you expect, the greatest % was winning a playoff game! A playoff game as in 1???? You have to believe in the Super Bowl, sorry. As much as I trash BVClueless, I fell we do have the talent to win it all, PERIOD! Anything less, you will hear it from me!!!!!!!

Yeah...I think the talent to do it is already here. We just have to get hot and play our BEST ball in the second season. None of this 1qtr out of 4 crap. And please no red zone worries. If we're gonna stall out inside the 20 then lets score from the 30!! Let's go!!