Questionable Calls

Snelling44

Guest Negatorris

How much did Jeff get paid to do that? Extra Christmas Bonus?

All I know is we all know Marino's record stands in our mind. Brees didn't earn it. It was given to him.

That is just disgusting..

I think a large part of it is because the Falcons rarely try to convince the referees of a foul, by using their body language and appealing for a flag. The Saints and a lot of other teams e.g. the Packers do this all the time, and they get the flag they want more often than not. When the refs only have a split second to make a decision, any kind of convincing will go a long way for getting calls in your favor. And I really hate seeing that. The NFL has almost become like european soccer, where players fakes injuries and does so much of an acting job to get calls their way, that they should be nominated for an academy award. But i guess there is no way to avoid that anymore, because the rules for playing defense are so hard now, that it is too easy for an offensive player to appeal for a flag, and get it.. That is just sad.

I think that part of the reason the Aints got less calls against them, is because they are better at masking and covering up their fouls. Weatherspoon had a tighter and more visible grasp on Sproles, than Porter had on Julio, even though both were equally obstructed from making the catch.

The hold on Roddy, the no call on the false start, and the no calls on holding on Edwards and Babs are the most sickening ones IMO. The hit by Lofton shouldn't have been a flag either - he clearly doesn't lead with his helmet, and Colston braces for the hit. How is he then defenseless??

The play were Abe gets sit on is just as laughable. I actually believe that it was a screen pass, but to my knowledge there is not different rules for holding on screen passes! So thats just another fail from this officiating crew. And either way, when you get sit on, then that's a hold no matter what play is being run..

I'm pissed with this kind of officiating. It is unacceptable that the rules have been changed so much, that the refs get into this kind of inconsistent calls. It makes no sense.

Edited by niels petersen

Nice work.

Snelling44, can you check something for me? I was at a party for the game and don't have it DVR'd. But I swear the Saints got an extra time out. It happened after they used their first TO and then tried to call another one but weren't allowed to because it would have been back to back time outs. After that delay penalty they were allowed to call more timeouts than they had left.

This has been bugging me since Monday. Would really appreciate someone taking a look since I am the only one who seems to have noticed. Am I wrong?

Nice work.

Snelling44, can you check something for me? I was at a party for the game and don't have it DVR'd. But I swear the Saints got an extra time out. It happened after they used their first TO and then tried to call another one but weren't allowed to because it would have been back to back time outs. After that delay penalty they were allowed to call more timeouts than they had left.

This has been bugging me since Monday. Would really appreciate someone taking a look since I am the only one who seems to have noticed. Am I wrong?

If this is true, we need to see some zebra-heads roll!

The last time I saw a game called almost completely for one side like that was the NFCG that sent the aints to the SB. aints in line for their first SB appearance, Brees going for the record.

HMMMMM....coincidence? I think not.... But what can you do? It's BS and Falcons fans know it's BS but Breesus and his disciples are the darlings of the NFL and have been for several years.

I just hope we get a more fairly called game if we have to face those clowns in the playoffs.

Terrible and yes, no way did those calls determine the outcome of the game, but one of these days, 1 bogus call will cost some team the game.

Why would the officials even bother to bias their officiating unless it helps determine the outcome of the game? And if you are not saying the officiating was biased, which would have to come from the top, I am. Certain outcomes for a handful of special games are just good for business. Is it wrong, Yes! Would they risk their billion-dollar enterprise for preferred outcomes, Yes it is human nature to maximize profit, and happens in all phases of corporate decision making.

The officiating was so blatant on MNF that those refs are probably in big trouble for making it too obvious to the multi-millions watching. And we cannot even begin to say they did not determine the outcome of that game. The Falcons were competitive until the calls started, I think they realized what was going on and just showed up for the rest of the game, hence no protest from Smitty.

Now if all this is true, and I think we all have to believe what we see verses what we are told, then the Atlanta fans are going to have to raise **** and bring it to the attention of the public. Because there are some markets I don't think the League would ever attempt something like this!

Nice work.

Well technaliaclly they did not get an extra time out they did get penalized for trying to call 2 b2b..........which did end up stopping the clock so I guess in a way they DID get an extra time out for it............they got moved back 5 yards got the clock stopped and still kept their TO.

That is not really on them though.... the rules should be if you try to do that you lose the TO.... but cant blame them for that too much.

Terrible and yes, no way did those calls determine the outcome of the game, but one of these days, 1 bogus call will cost some team the game.

Not saying we would have won with out them but you can not say they did not atleast have a MAJOR impact on the game. the video pointed out some HUGE spots where had the correct calls been made the game could have and probably would have been totally different.