Can We Please Put The Bucs Away For Once?

Mary Jones

Im not sure how this season will end, but one thing that has been eating at me is how consistently we play down to the Bucs level. It really is a hurdle we need to get over so we can finally we get 2 easy wins a year. It just seems like every time we play them, something absolutely miserable happens to keep them in the game. I can go down the list: 2004 - at home, we stop them on 3rd down, force a fumble that is returned for a TD, but they say forward progress was stopped. Reminded me of the 1998 Divisional against the Niners. 2005 - Vick fumbles the handoff to Dunn in the first game, Roddy's drop and the blocked 28 yard FG the second game. 2006 - barely scrape out 2 wins against a terrible team when we are supposed playoff contenders. 2008 - Dunn scores on a 3rd and goal from the 17 -- pathetic. At home, we dominate them, but Ryan throws a pick before the half and they score after 30 minutes of doing nothing. They block our punt and get other aggravating turnovers. 2009 - first game: that ridiculous kickoff return (for a TD i think) when the guy should have fumbled at his 10, second game: the fumbled kickoff right off the bat when we are trying to get a winning season. 2010 - first game, i think they have another TD before the half after doing absolutely nothing. we finally catch a break by stuffing Blount at the end, but that was a good play by the D. second game - they got a diving INT, we lose our diving INT. thankfully, they correctly give us our 2nd diving INT. 2011 - disgusting game capped off by the offsides on 4th and 1. I would love nothing more than to blow this team out