Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

The Nuclear Meltdown Of This Boards Is Hilarious!

171 posts in this topic

...and maybe some of them just aren't playing very well because they just aren't that good......

Absolutely. And there are some bad to mediocre players on every team, including GB, NO, etc.

But believing in what you are doing and the people whp are telling you how to do it makes a huge difference.

Whether it's their fault or not, one or both of these coordinators is going to get axed if the Falcons get embarrassed again in the playoffs.

That's the nature of the beast. Sometimes an organization has to make changes just to show fans they are being responsive, even if the changes don't address the real issue.

If one or both goes, I kind of hope it's Mularkey. I don't think he is terrible but I do think Matt would benefit from getting another offensive mind's perspective.

WHOOPIE DOOO BRO ..

do we get a trophy for such case..

IS this team a current legit title contender?

d rather take the magical 98' Super Bowl run once every 10 years then have 4 straight winning seasons and NO playoff success

You say you would rather have a magical run every 10 years but you haven't given this team 4 years.

As unbelievable as this might sound, I am actually surprised by some of the stuff I see certain people saying today.

I mean, I expected a meltdown after that game, but not quite as throrough as what has happened.

The Saints were sharp last night, no question about it. The Falcons were keeping up fine until that hold call on Jaquizz, then the whole game changed. It was very disappointing. A serious bummer.

But really, it doesn't matter. The game didn't matter. The Saints wouldn't have lost to Carolina with everything on the line next week, so the Falcons are ultimately in the same situation.

I see people who claim that they KNOW that this team is going nowhere with this coaching staff and GM. If you honestly feel that way, then you shouldn't tune in in two weeks when the Falcons play their playoff game. Why would you watch a game that is 100% guaranteed to bring you disappointment?

The Falcons are in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years and they've had 4 straight winning seasons, and most of the board wants to fire everybody.

I don't have the words.

While I agree with most of what you said, I disagree with being content that we've been to the playoffs 3/4 years, and 4 winning years. I expect more, as we all should. I don't like to settle, or get used to being 2nd best.

I know, right? And where was Dunta? Getting killed on a deep ball. And where was Edwards? Quiet as a church mouse.

I do believe that the problems with the Falcons are on many levels and I'm not out to give any coaches a pass. Last night's beat-down looked like a familiar total collapse but to think that simply bringing in new coordinators will suddenly fix everything is over-simplifying a complex mess. It's an easy answer but possibly not the right solution.

I do agree with my buddy Gritz's observation last night: "There's something intrinsically wrong with this team, and I can't quite put my finger on it."

I don't pretend to have any answers but like someone once said, these boards will always be successful because folks can come in here and think they can fix the team, which just ain't the case. Much like professional football, these boards are for entertainment purposes only.

Like playing a really good team on the road? Those same Saints got punched by the Rams on the road.

We had our chance to beat the Saints in our house. We didn't. That doesn't mean the Saints are 4 touchdowns better than us. We let this one get out of hand. It sucks....but it happened.

The outcome of one game has no direct impact on any other game. We sure as heck shouldn't judge this team on ONE game.

Like playing a really good team on the road? Those same Saints got punched by the Rams on the road.

We had our chance to beat the Saints in our house. We didn't. That doesn't mean the Saints are 4 touchdowns better than us. We let this one get out of hand. It sucks....but it happened.

The outcome of one game has no direct impact on any other game. We sure as heck shouldn't judge this team on ONE game.

Obviously I agree with that.

That being the case, the main point of this thread is that the game in two weeks is much more important than this one.

If the same thing happens in that game, somebody is going to be held accountable. I don't know who but somebody will get their pink slip if this happens again.

But I think the Falcons are going to play better next time.

Don't ask me why I think that. I just do lol.

Like playing a really good team on the road? Those same Saints got punched by the Rams on the road. We had our chance to beat the Saints in our house. We didn't. That doesn't mean the Saints are 4 touchdowns better than us. We let this one get out of hand. It sucks....but it happened. The outcome of one game has no direct impact on any other game. We sure as heck shouldn't judge this team on ONE game.

This. The ones that are saying with 100% conviction that we are a one and done playoff team is quite annoying. We might very well lose the first playoff game, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to cheer this team on until that happens.

I can't help but be extremely disappointed in this regime after getting embarassed last night. Kudos to anyone who can be upbeat or positive after watching that game i just don't have it in me. I am most definitely in meltdown mode and will be until this team wins a playoff game.

Consecutive playoff appearences? So what

Consecutive winning seasons? So what

This regime want to impress me how about they get off the darn field on third down for once. I mean it's only been a problem for the last four years.

How about they score a TD in the redzone for once.

And Come on man you can go for it on fourth and 1 in your own territory with the game on the line but not go for it in their redzone with the game spiraling out of control not once but twice in a row. This team needed a spark from someone, somewhere, or something and you play conservative till the end un effing believable.

Firing everybody won't fix this team this year but if anyone thinks that big changes don't need to be made then that's what I call Hilarious.

p.s. If you think a coaching change can't turn things around in one year how bout you ask them niners how it's working out for them.

How

Well maybe it's time for some chanages because it's obivious that our team is being out coached by winning teams in this league. Conservative thinking does not win championships, period!

Na, thats not it. The O-line is to blame.

Na, thats not it. The O-line is to blame.

The o line sucked but the coaches were, in fact, out coached. Te saints were nearly perfect on 3rd down into the 4th qtr and the offense could not execute in the redzone after moving up and down the field almost at will.

Talking about the o line. If we are going to be a power run team we have to upgrade our line. Specifically both guards and as savvy a veteran McClure is he gets man handled most time. Power football calls for a lot of plays between the tackles and we get zero push in the run game. We need to draft or trade for some hogs upfront.

As unbelievable as this might sound, I am actually surprised by some of the stuff I see certain people saying today.

I mean, I expected a meltdown after that game, but not quite as throrough as what has happened.

The Saints were sharp last night, no question about it. The Falcons were keeping up fine until that hold call on Jaquizz, then the whole game changed. It was very disappointing. A serious bummer.

But really, it doesn't matter. The game didn't matter. The Saints wouldn't have lost to Carolina with everything on the line next week, so the Falcons are ultimately in the same situation.

I see people who claim that they KNOW that this team is going nowhere with this coaching staff and GM. If you honestly feel that way, then you shouldn't tune in in two weeks when the Falcons play their playoff game. Why would you watch a game that is 100% guaranteed to bring you disappointment?

The Falcons are in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years and they've had 4 straight winning seasons, and most of the board wants to fire everybody.

I don't have the words.

Good post Peyton. Those of us who played football, understand football and have been Atlanta fans for awhile understand our team, will not always perform up to their best. Last nite was 1 of those nites. All things to consider, including what Peyton mentioned, is we are in the Playoffs, akin to where the Packers were last year. Akin to where the Cardinals were in 08.

This team has a leader at QB, stars in the backfield in # 33, 11 and 84. Plus a hall of fame tight end. This team has leaders on the Defensive side and Lofton, Peters, Abe, Spoon, Moore and all the others will make us cheer again SOON. We have too much talent to be too upset. Alot of our talent is Young. Alot of our Cheering will be in the next 5 years.

Hold your hate and doom and gloom for basketball or some other sport. This team is a budding Star for this city, 1 that we've never had before in cleats.

Yes, we lost badly. Yes, the saints sux because we all hate them, but keep your powder dry until the playoffs and lets ALL get on board this city and this Team, cause they are warriors at heart and they WANT to win as much as we WANT them to win. Patience, Atlantains. We are on the fast track and the Right track.

dmite and falken like this

. This team is a budding Star for this city, 1 that we've never had before in cleats.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

budding star - can we win a playoff game first

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Heck, by you logic, this regime should get this year and six more to just get to the Super Bowl.

Peyton, it's the reason I do not get on the boards right after a game. I'm so emotional myself, I would say things that were absolutely stupid. On the way back home after the game, feeling disgusted, angry, embarrassed, humiliated, frustrated and frankly a little shocked, I said some things that were totally idiotic.

It happens when you get emotionally tied up in a team and a blow-out like this happens.

I'm still mumbling and grumbling, but my senses are returning slightly, enough that I can think before I type anyway.

Still, it was a horrible loss and as much as I have cursed the name of every player, coach and water boy on the field last night with a Falcon logo on their body, I would never want us to start over. We have great talent and some good coaching.

Something is missing and we know that - we need work on the O & D lines, we need more help with the pass rush. We need work in the coaching staff.

But, we have a better team now top to bottom than we've ever had and with the right moves, we could be deadly.

Hard to feel that way after last night - and emotionally I don't. But, logically, I know it to be true.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Why don't you back away from your emotional roller coaster and UNDERSTAND what a winning franchise builds upon.

Usually, is agree with you Peyton, but you know none of those winning seasons matter if we never get better. We have not gotten better since 2008 as a team. We want to take the next step and if we stay at the same level for another 4 years, people will continue to be pissed.

Well the problem is how we got beat last night on national tv and smitty's post game comments to add have some fans seriously concerned about our playoff chances going forward. There is nothing wrong with being objective.

They definitely were not ready last night. I'm still gonna watch in two weeks, just to see what happens. You never know.

**** I watch them even when I do know, I watch every game I can unless I am at work....