Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

The Nuclear Meltdown Of This Boards Is Hilarious!

171 posts in this topic

I agree there is way too much over reaction on the board but most of that comes immediately after the loss or day after and I can understand the disappointment. However it is nice these past couple of years to know that you were most likely a playoff team. Now go and win one. You cannot leave a this post season without a win

MR had 373 yards passing and no turnovers.

Turner had 39 rushing yards.

Defense held Brees to 307 passing yards which wasn't too bad, but let up 164 rushing yards.

Last night's game had a lot less to do with QB play on either side of the ball, than it did with this team once again not being prepared for a big game like they should be. Our coaching staff was outcoached yet again.

Well said. The red zone problems showed up again. At some point as an oc you need to figure it out

lasher1116 likes this

MR had 373 yards passing and no turnovers.

Turner had 39 rushing yards.

Defense held Brees to 307 passing yards which wasn't too bad, but let up 164 rushing yards.

Last night's game had a lot less to do with QB play on either side of the ball, than it did with this team once again not being prepared for a big game like they should be. Our coaching staff was outcoached yet again.

Brees made the plays in the red zone and Ryan didn't. I'm not ripping Ryan, he's just not quite there yet. And yes, Mularkey has to share at least half the blame for the red zone performance. It'll be the reason for his dismissal if he doesn't get it cleaned up quick.

We're in the tournament. That's all I ask for every year, and frankly, I'm looking forward to a rematch in two weeks.

Hey! I found you in the dictionary!

mas·och·ist

noun

1. Psychiatry . a person who has masochism, the condition in which sexual or other gratification depends on one's suffering physical pain or humiliation.

2. a person who is gratified by pain, degradation, etc., that is self-imposed or imposed by others.

3. a person who finds pleasure in self-denial, submissiveness, etc.

mas·och·ist

noun

1. Psychiatry . a person who has masochism, the condition in which sexual or other gratification depends on one's suffering physical pain or humiliation.

2. a person who is gratified by pain, degradation, etc., that is self-imposed or imposed by others.

It's just football, it's not that serious lol.

Brees made the plays in the red zone and Ryan didn't. I'm not ripping Ryan, he's just not quite there yet. And yes, Mularkey has to share at least half the blame for the red zone performance. It'll be the reason for his dismissal if he doesn't get it cleaned up quick.

I did not get to watch the game, but heard it on the radio. The announcer had it picked perfectly each time...his question, after each red zone appearance, why did they not run the football??????? This is a run first team, and we ran the ball 14 times the ENTIRE game!!! We ran the ball twice while in the red zone, 2 TIMES????? The defense went into a man coverage or cover 2 blanket, and Matt had nothing but Curls, In's, Out's and wasted drives.....our OC gets out coached by himself....he does not need a defense on the field and he would fail...

mas·och·ist

noun

laugh.png

To be honest with so many coaching positions opening up I think someone will take a look at mm and might take him off our hands. The only knock I have on Ryan on the red zone is if the play isn't there then he doesn't try to make something happen by moving around. I don't want him to be careless but if possible stretch the play out a bit if not there.

I did not get to watch the game, but heard it on the radio. The announcer had it picked perfectly each time...his question, after each red zone appearance, why did they not run the football??????? This is a run first team, and we ran the ball 14 times the ENTIRE game!!! We ran the ball twice while in the red zone, 2 TIMES????? The defense went into a man coverage or cover 2 blanket, and Matt had nothing but Curls, In's, Out's and wasted drives.....our OC gets out coached by himself....he does not need a defense on the field and he would fail...

As ridiculous as the following is going to sound I strongly believe that the drafting of Julio Jones and the subsequent pressure that came with that move totally screwed up Mularkey....

Mularkey was excited about getting Julio's blocking ability......

That's like being thrilled over the color of your Lamborghini's floor mats.

As ridiculous as the following is going to sound I strongly believe that the drafting of Julio Jones and the subsequent pressure that came with that move totally screwed up Mularkey....

Awesome analogy, Gritz! laugh.png

bwahahaHAHAHAAAA! ROFL!

Clearly we are not an upper echelon elite team. We seem incapable of playing well against the big boys in big games. Or as Gritz observed last night as we watched the game; "They play big ball. We play small ball." My girl Lynn took that comment one step further, but I won't get into details. ph34r.png

Nevertheless, we are in the tournament, having somehow managed to squeak in. All I can hope for now is that we can win at least one playoff game. That is not "settling for mediocrity". It's just realistically all I can hope for now and at this point, because a trip to the Big Dance would surely take some divine intervention. Don't count on that.......

Clearly we are not an upper echelon elite team. We seem incapable of playing well against the big boys in big games. Or as Gritz observed last night as we watched the game; "They play big ball. We play small ball." My girl Lynn took that comment one step further, but I won't get into details. ph34r.png

I'll go there because Lynn nailed it. Her step further was her saying that the Falcons playing "small ball" might be related to their testicular size....

(Insert smiley face here)>

Supes™ likes this

There is a difference in ripping Ryan and telling the truth. You are being truthful. Ryan and the offense simply don't get it done in the Red Zone against good teams. Those good drives ending in 3 points and 3 and outs, don't work against the Saints and Packers of the league.

There is a difference in ripping Ryan and telling the truth. You are being truthful. Ryan and the offense simply don't get it done in the Red Zone against good teams. Those good drives ending in 3 points and 3 and outs, don't work against the Saints and Packers of the league.

This isn't our daddy's NFL. In this one, you have to score TDs.

Look we're fans and their is nothing that's says we should expect mediocrity from this team and accept it. As a fan I'm still hoping this team gets something going in the playoffs, a win atleast. But I am not happy with our coaching staffs decisions. A good coaching staff makes bad players better, and good players look great. We have legit stars on our team looking mediocre. Should we fire everyone, I don't know, it won't

help this season anyways. I just want this team to function as we all know it's capale of.

Look we're fans and their is nothing that's says we should expect mediocrity from this team and accept it. As a fan I'm still hoping this team gets something going in the playoffs, a win atleast. But I am not happy with our coaching staffs decisions. A good coaching staff makes bad players better, and good players look great. We have legit stars on our team looking mediocre. Should we fire everyone, I don't know, it won't

help this season anyways. I just want this team to function as we all know it's capale of.

That does seem like the nutshell

Or maybe they are just mediocre players with inflated reputations.

I am with you on that in many ways. Some of them could be and there's no guarantee that new coordinators would suddenly turn this squad into world-beaters.

I am with you on that in many ways. Some of them could be and there's no guarantee that new coordinators would suddenly turn this squad into world-beaters.

I mean....where were Babs and Abe last night? They showed up like gang busters against Jacksonville. Where were they when the Falcons really needed it last night?

I mean....where were Babs and Abe last night? They showed up like gang busters against Jacksonville. Where were they when the Falcons really needed it last night?

I know, right? And where was Dunta? Getting killed on a deep ball. And where was Edwards? Quiet as a church mouse.

I do believe that the problems with the Falcons are on many levels and I'm not out to give any coaches a pass. Last night's beat-down looked like a familiar total collapse but to think that simply bringing in new coordinators will suddenly fix everything is over-simplifying a complex mess. It's an easy answer but possibly not the right solution.

I do agree with my buddy Gritz's observation last night: "There's something intrinsically wrong with this team, and I can't quite put my finger on it."

I don't pretend to have any answers but like someone once said, these boards will always be successful because folks can come in here and think they can fix the team, which just ain't the case. Much like professional football, these boards are for entertainment purposes only.

We have some very good players on both sides of the ball, and they should be better than this. No team has stars across the board, that's impossible. I believe the difference comes down to coaching preparation and players believing in the coaches and their schemes.

Last year....was Dallas really that bad at the beginning of the year starting 1-7, or did they not want to play for Wade for some reason, whatever that was? They finished 5-3 after Garrett took over.

I see some of that in the Falcons sometimes. The mental errors, the crazy # of drops, the players quotes questioning play-calls, etc. Maybe the players are getting tired of the scheme, don't believe in it, and in the end juist don't give it all they've got because they don't believe.

Maybe the players are getting tired of the scheme, don't believe in it, and in the end juist don't give it all they've got because they don't believe.

...and maybe some of them just aren't playing very well because they just aren't that good......