Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

The Nuclear Meltdown Of This Boards Is Hilarious!

171 posts in this topic

Losing and getting embarrassed are entirely different things. GB had an aberration, my Falcons have serious problems.

Sad to say it but thanks for the p/o birth...hope ATL turns it around.

Here is the thing:

When Franks has an interception in his hands, he has to catch it.

When Moore has an interception in his hands, he has to catch it.

Jaquizz has to make that cut block without putting his hand on the guys leg.

Clabo has to block without putting his hands in the guys facemask.

Clean up those 4 things last night and it's a very close game.

The Falcons have to win those plays to win these games.

So you actually don't know what it is like to call on God for help when watching the Falcons play? He never answers, so I am thinking about the atheist aspect as well. Or some stronger medication. j/k not that serious

How do you think I became an atheist lol?

FalconinPA likes this

Gosh Steve, I am sorry you feel that way.

Yeah? Well, just try treating your fellow fans who are more emotionally invested and opinionated with as much respect and forgiveness as you do your team and you and I will get along fine, just like before.

Yeah? Well, just try treating your fellow fans who are more emotionally invested and opinionated with as much respect and forgiveness as you do your team and you and I will get along fine, just like before.

I treat everyone with respect Steve. If you somehow felt offended by my original post, I sincerely apologize.

It certainly wasn't directed at you. I fully expect you to be in melt down mode every week.

Here is the thing:

When Franks has an interception in his hands, he has to catch it.

When Moore has an interception in his hands, he has to catch it.

Jaquizz has to make that cut block without putting his hand on the guys leg.

Clabo has to block without putting his hands in the guys facemask.

Clean up those 4 things last night and it's a very close game.

The Falcons have to win those plays to win these games.

The defensive scheme that we used from jump was a recipe for failure. On top of that we let them run the ball...we schemed to stop

nothing if you ask me. Plenty of time-off to be better prepared.

Not to mention starting the game's 1st drive w/o MT was a telling omen.

As unbelievable as this might sound, I am actually surprised by some of the stuff I see certain people saying today.

I mean, I expected a meltdown after that game, but not quite as throrough as what has happened.

The Saints were sharp last night, no question about it. The Falcons were keeping up fine until that hold call on Jaquizz, then the whole game changed. It was very disappointing. A serious bummer.

But really, it doesn't matter. The game didn't matter. The Saints wouldn't have lost to Carolina with everything on the line next week, so the Falcons are ultimately in the same situation.

I see people who claim that they KNOW that this team is going nowhere with this coaching staff and GM. If you honestly feel that way, then you shouldn't tune in in two weeks when the Falcons play their playoff game. Why would you watch a game that is 100% guaranteed to bring you disappointment?

The Falcons are in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years and they've had 4 straight winning seasons, and most of the board wants to fire everybody.

I don't have the words.

Many fans want the falcons to win against good opponents, win playoff games, and go to the Superbowl. This season, the falcons have only beaten bad teams. It is frustrating because we have been a lot better since Mike Smith is hired.We have the talents but keep loosing to good teams for some reasons. Also, look at what we gave up to get Julio Jones. The Julio Jones pick's makes the fans feel that he is the missing piece to this offense, and, finally, we can be a legitimate contender. The lost to Green bay last year was humiliating. So far, what we have seen so far is inconsistency in the offense. The coaches refuse to admit that they need to do better. Instead, Mike Smith stated, it is an "aberration"after the lost to New Orlean. So **** yea dude, we as fans are upset. If you are not, good for you. But seriously dude, if you don't understand why some people are mad, just STFO.

danish-pride likes this

Many fans want the falcons to win against good opponents, win playoff games, and go to the Superbowl. This season, the falcons have only beaten bad teams. It is frustrating because we have been a lot better since Mike Smith is hired.We have the talents but keep loosing to good teams for some reasons. Also, look at what we gave up to get Julio Jones. The Julio Jones pick's makes the fans feel that he is the missing piece to this offense, and, finally, we can be a legitimate contender. The lost to Green bay last year was humiliating. So far, what we have seen so far is inconsistency in the offense. The coaches refuse to admit that they need to do better. Instead, Mike Smith stated, it is an "aberration"after the lost to New Orlean. So **** yea dude, we as fans are upset. If you are not, good for you. But seriously dude, if you don't understand why some people are mad, just STFO.

I understand people being upset with the loss. I don't understand people wanting to fire a coaching staff that wins 2/3 of it's games.

So, you find the nuclear meltdown of disappointed fans on this board hilarious, yet the nuclear meltdown on the field leaves you completely unfazed?? I suppose you think it's admirable to cut the team some (a lot) of slack after an inexcusably horrible performance in a big nationally televised game, even though they and their coach and owner are making millions of dollars from the NFL, and then turn around and come in here with your pretentious insults and a condescending attitude toward us fans to vent your spleen? Frankly I find your attitude not admirable at all, but classless and trollish in the extreme.

I'm one of the furious savages that was calling for a house-cleaning last night and I don't feel a whole lot different this morning. The Mike Smith/Dimitroff regime has been around for four years now and it's becoming glaringly apparent that neither have any clue how a championship team is put together or coached. The conservative philosophy that is the foundation of everything Smith does in terms of offensive and defensive schemes is not standing up to the test of being capable of beating top-tier teams.

This league has moved on from the old days when a strong defense won championships and a good offense was just iceing on the cake. This is a pass-oriented, high-scoring league now. The importance of defense revolves around your team having a couple of defensive lineman who can amass 12 to 15 sacks or more per season, backed up by an aggressive group of corners and safeties who can play the fastest wide receivers in the league in man-to-man coverage and not get beaten. Our defense doesn't even resemble that kind of scheme or those kind of players. Our defense emphasizes strong linebackers to stop the run, and the running game is not what you have to stop any more, it's the pass. And speaking of the running game, clearly this team's philosophy on offense is to run, run, run and try to beat the other team 10-7. That just doesn't work any more. If you're keeping up with current events with this team, it's obvious this philosophy is a losing proposition, especially against the elite teams.

You and many others on this forum are obviously content with having a team with a winning record that gets blown out every year in the first round of the play-offs. That may be fine for you folks, but it's not for a lot of other fans, myself included. I'd rather go to one Super Bowl every few years than go one-and-done in the play-offs every year. Mediocrity sucks and its pathetic some are willing to settle for it and it certainly does NOT give you or any other homer fan on this board the right to criticize those of us who want something more ~ an entertaining, competitive team that can play with the top-tier teams in big games and not get humiliated like the current bunch did last night.

I could go on, but hopefully you get the point. Find something else to do but denigrate fans who want ~ and deserve ~ a better coaching staff and football team than the one we have now. You are not better than us or smarter than us because you're happy with the status quo. Your attitude of passive acceptance of mediocrity is actually more harmful, more toxic to having a championship team in Atlanta than our insistence on making changes until the Falcons are elite because Arthur Blank will believe what's in place is enough if that's what he gets from the fans.

great post STEVE

I understand people being upset with the loss. I don't understand people wanting to fire a coaching staff that wins 2/3 of it's games.

Some people here are mad and just saying random things. Some criticize the coaches of the way they handle the loses. Some want to let them go after the season is over. But no one wants to fire them right now. you are funny.

Some people here are mad and just saying random things. Some criticize the coaches of the way they handle the loses. Some want to let them go after the season is over. But no one wants to fire them right now. you are funny.

Uh...OK.

I want everyone on here to have more than just a grain of truth in their assertions or claims so I will happily, satirically say the following:

"Fire them all! Fire them all even before we step on the field against the Bucs this weekend!"

smile.png

This is a prime example of where I've never "got" you...

No offense, but a lot of the time you kinda post like you are in an ivory tower, somehow magically emotionally removed from any real attachment or affection for the Falcons....yet you're on here (and AFT) a fairly significant amount of time....a lot of time for someone who has a self-professed "non-caring attitude" about the team.

Many of us wear our emotions about the Falcons on our collectives sleeves. We don't apologize about it. We rant and rave, make cartoons and Photoshop mash-ups about it....come up with some good and possibly horrible ideas to fix what we perceive are the problems with this team.

If you don't care then why start this thread?

I do care about the Falcons. I assume that most people who take the time to sign in here feel the same way.

So very well said, Gritz.

sorry, when I stated my point I didn't account for a few idiots on the board and, apparently, you are one of them.

Funny, you just ripped a guy who is on your side lol.

As unbelievable as this might sound, I am actually surprised by some of the stuff I see certain people saying today.

I mean, I expected a meltdown after that game, but not quite as throrough as what has happened.

The Saints were sharp last night, no question about it. The Falcons were keeping up fine until that hold call on Jaquizz, then the whole game changed. It was very disappointing. A serious bummer.

But really, it doesn't matter. The game didn't matter. The Saints wouldn't have lost to Carolina with everything on the line next week, so the Falcons are ultimately in the same situation.

I see people who claim that they KNOW that this team is going nowhere with this coaching staff and GM. If you honestly feel that way, then you shouldn't tune in in two weeks when the Falcons play their playoff game. Why would you watch a game that is 100% guaranteed to bring you disappointment?

The Falcons are in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years and they've had 4 straight winning seasons, and most of the board wants to fire everybody.

I don't have the words.

I will say coach Smith is fine. We have lived with a "bend don't break" defense instead of trying to "get after" other teams. Offensively, we are very predictable and lack creativity and an ability to beat good teams. Getting to the playoffs and winning seasons is not good enough. Save that for teams like the Arizona Cardinals and Jacksonville Jags. If that is all you can do then its time to move on from the people that believe in that.

Meltdown? Nah. Realization that the current staff has taken us as far as they are capable of taking us? Yep. Smitty is just fine with me. It's his coordinators that have hit their ceiling. That's one of the reasons why I didn't want those two hired. I'm happy for what we've had but it's past time to progress and I'm not seeing that happening...

beantownfalc2 likes this

I hate these "everyone move along, there is nothing to see here", posts more than the doomsday ones. What should we take comfort in? Our sterling one win against playoff teams going into the playoffs, or our sterling record in the playoffs under this current regime?

I hate these "everyone move along, there is nothing to see here", posts more than the doomsday ones. What should we take comfort in? Our sterling one win against playoff teams going into the playoffs, or our sterling record in the playoffs under this current regime?

Well obviously the intentions of this thread were clear from the title, so you always had the option of skipping it entirely.

Not that your contribution isn't appreciated because it is.

And as far as the playoff thing goes, the Falcons are at least sure to set two playoff records. No Falcons team has ever lost a playoff game in consecutive seaasons or in 3 seasons in a 4 year span.

So......there is always that.

What's even more hilarious is this:

I Can See the Brilliance of the Falcons Game Plan.

At first I didn't understand it, but now I totally get it. Since the Falcons will be probably be playing the Saints again in just 12 or 13 days, the plan for tonight was obviously to figure out all the things that won't work against them.

And they are doing a great job of identifying those things too.

This is the most blind, homerish nonsense I've seen in a while.

swift likes this

What's even more hilarious is this:

This is the most blind, homerish nonsense I've seen in a while.

Yeah, that was a joke. A pretty good one too I thought. I guess you didn't get it. Strange too, cause you normally have such a great sense of humor.

It will matter if we end up playing the Saints instead of New York or Dallas because we have a worse record than Detroit.

Yeah, that was a joke. A pretty good one too I thought. I guess you didn't get it. Strange too, cause you normally have such a great sense of humor.

Yea sure. It's the same drivel you and those like you pointed out years ago when the same scenario presented itself.