Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

The Nuclear Meltdown Of This Boards Is Hilarious!

171 posts in this topic

Something strange happened to you Peyton after the 2009 season lmao. I wish I could teach my husband to be more like you when it comes to losses.

We get no picks next draft that can effectively fix the inherent problems(O/D line).

Another 1 n done puts us dead in the water with no oars.

We will have squandered the fleeting time we have with RW/Abe/MCclure/TG/MT.

No reason so far to believe that this regime can take the same crop of talent and do any better w/o significant upgrades.

Something would have to change.

PokerSteve and vabchbirdlover like this

You and swift are like blood brothers now. Who would have thought?

In your eyes probably......and you should just probably go ahead and apply to be one of the cheerleaders.

Who would have thought that?

PokerSteve likes this

Something strange happened to you Peyton after the 2009 season lmao. I wish I could teach my husband to be more like you when it comes to losses.

LOl you know what happened? I got some real problems.

I wish that I still cared about football as much as some of these folks.

In your eyes probably......and you should just probably go ahead and apply to be one of the cheerleaders.

I'm down with that. Economy is hurting me and I need some addional income. Let me know where I can get that application.

fly_falcon_fly likes this

tumblr_lrwqotD9OD1qdnz0i.gif

Peyton ....me and gritz will accept your application to the other side after playoff loss

As has been the case often with the Falcons, this is a very frustrating team for fans. This team shows flashes of greatness only to set the fans up for another heartbreaking disappointment. I have no doubt that the team that showed up in the 2nd half of the Panthers game or the 1st half of the Packers game this year could do very well in the playoffs. The team that showed up last night is a 1 and done in the playoffs team... Where are the "good" Falcons? I'd like to see them come playoff time in a couple of weeks.

PokerSteve likes this

Also I am heavily medicated. I think some others here coule probably use that too.

We get no picks next draft that can effectively fix the inherent problems(O/D line).

Another 1 n done puts us dead in the water with no oars.

We will have squandered the fleeting time we have with RW/Abe/MCclure/TG/MT.

No reason so far to believe that this regime can take the same crop of talent and do any better w/o significant upgrades.

Something would have to change.

Good post Toker....and hardly fits the description of the Scorched Earth take the original poster seems to think that the majority of the board is taking.

Most of the discussion I have read on here today has been fairly reasoned talk about O and D-line upgrades, our somewhat handcuffed 2012 draft options and the possibly firing of one or both coordinators......

Not exactly the bulldozing of the complex out at Flowery Branch.

hope everything alright Peyton ...with that being said ..everyone has PROBLEMS ...this team is suppose to be a getaway from the real world..My old man who brought me up to follow this ******* team hasnt been in best shape ...One of the few bonds between us was this FALCONS team ...

tumblr_lrwqotD9OD1qdnz0i.gif

Peyton ....me and gritz will accept your application to the other side after playoff loss

I will never be on that side until this team starts losing consistently.

As people know, I am perfectly willing to say this team isn't as good as New Orleans and Green Bay. I don't have my head in the sand on that.

Where I differ with you guys is that I don't think the solution is to fire everybody.

This is a prime example of where I've never "got" you...

No offense, but a lot of the time you kinda post like you are in an ivory tower, somehow magically emotionally removed from any real attachment or affection for the Falcons....yet you're on here (and AFT) a fairly significant amount of time....a lot of time for someone who has a self-professed "non-caring attitude" about the team.

Many of us wear our emotions about the Falcons on our collectives sleeves. We don't apologize about it. We rant and rave, make cartoons and Photoshop mash-ups about it....come up with some good and possibly horrible ideas to fix what we perceive are the problems with this team.

If you don't care then why start this thread?

I do care about the Falcons. I assume that most people who take the time to sign in here feel the same way.

As unbelievable as this might sound, I am actually surprised by some of the stuff I see certain people saying today.

I mean, I expected a meltdown after that game, but not quite as throrough as what has happened.

The Saints were sharp last night, no question about it. The Falcons were keeping up fine until that hold call on Jaquizz, then the whole game changed. It was very disappointing. A serious bummer.

But really, it doesn't matter. The game didn't matter. The Saints wouldn't have lost to Carolina with everything on the line next week, so the Falcons are ultimately in the same situation.

I see people who claim that they KNOW that this team is going nowhere with this coaching staff and GM. If you honestly feel that way, then you shouldn't tune in in two weeks when the Falcons play their playoff game. Why would you watch a game that is 100% guaranteed to bring you disappointment?

The Falcons are in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years and they've had 4 straight winning seasons, and most of the board wants to fire everybody.

I don't have the words.

Being a long time fan I can handle disappointment, not looking for wholesale changes either. But all visual evidence points that like you said this is a playoff team but nothing more. **** I love the Falcons but something is missing and time is running out on finding a solution, I don't pretend to have answers but don't think Smitty BVG or Mularkey do either. I be behind them till it's over, but I'm not going to act like that beat down was no big deal either. The only good thing was it wasn't the first game of the playoffs,

Actually, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, I did some "housecleaning" earlier, but other than that, the reactions I'm seeing are somewhat muted compared to other losses we've suffered.

It is nowhere near as bad as the baghead board that is no longer in existence due to one of the many annual November meltdowns that were a tradition with them. It was not a good game for us, but I didn't expect to win with practically nothing at stake.

The bagheads won't lose to Carolina, and we won't lose to Tampa. I hope we can get a shot at revenge while the memory is fresh in the minds of the Falcons and staff.

This is a prime example of where I've never "got" you...

No offense, but a lot of the time you kinda post like you are in an ivory tower, somehow magically emotionally removed from any real attachment or affection for the Falcons....yet you're on here (and AFT) a fairly significant amount of time....a lot of time for someone who has a self-professed "non-caring attitude" about the team.

Many of us wear our emotions about the Falcons on our collectives sleeves. We don't apologize about it. We rant and rave, make cartoons and Photoshop mash-ups about it....come up with some good and possibly horrible ideas to fix what we perceive are the problems with this team.

If you don't care then why start this thread?

I do care about the Falcons. I assume that most people who take the time to sign in here feel the same way.

Football and the Falcons are entertainment for me. I love watching them, and I love talking about football. If they win, I am entertained. If they lose, I am less entertained.

I haven't always been like that, but that is where I am at now.

Either way, just like you don't understand me, I don't understand people who declare the GM, Head Coach, and both coordinators aren't good enough every time the Falcons lose a game.

I see people who claim that they KNOW that this team is going nowhere with this coaching staff and GM. If you honestly feel that way, then you shouldn't tune in in two weeks when the Falcons play their playoff game. Why would you watch a game that is 100% guaranteed to bring you disappointment?

dude, to be honest, if you had any sense of what football actually is and if you watch the games and you watch our play calling, it sucks, not only does the execution suck, our play calling SUCKS. And most of us tune in because we ARE FANS we also have the right to have the opinion to think that some of our coaches suck, which they do. play calling doesn't just change, u have to change the coordinators to improve play calling

Football and the Falcons are entertainment for me. I love watching them, and I love talking about football. If they win, I am entertained. If they lose, I am less entertained.

I haven't always been like that, but that is where I am at now.

Either way, just like you don't understand me, I don't understand people who declare the GM, Head Coach, and both coordinators aren't good enough every time the Falcons lose a game.

Fair enough.....When you find that one thread or post from any reputable poster that says we need to fire everyone at Flowery Branch please post a link. I'd like to see that.

see that's the thing, they aren't, we beat on BAD teams, the ONLY good team we have beaten is detroit, and that was largely due to them running the ball instead of airing it out like they should have.

once you see teams like minnesota, carolina, arizona, **** the bucs once they start getting better, if we don't make a change we might end up being one of those bad teams because we don't simply have the brains to outsmart the good teams.

I guess that the bottom line for me is what is acceptable from the Falcons and what isn't. What isn't acceptable to me as a lifelong fan is a continual breakdown of either player execution, game planning or both in big games against quality opponents.

Obviously including last night the Falcons have 1 road win on Monday Night Football in their entire history.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Fair enough.....When you find that one thread or post from any reputable poster that says we need to fire everyone at Flowery Branch please post a link. I'd like to see that.

Well you started one like an hour ago that says none of those guys are good enough to win a championship.

I guess that the bottom line for me is what is acceptable from the Falcons and what isn't. What isn't acceptable to me as a lifelong fan is a continual breakdown of either player execution, game planning or both in big games against quality opponents.

Obviously including last night the Falcons have 1 road win on Monday Night Football in their entire history.

Let that sink in for a moment.

How many Monday Night road games have the Falcons played with this staff?

Well you started one like an hour ago that says none of those guys are good enough to win a championship.

that is how he feels..There is nothing wrong with that

what makes you think this team is a title contender?