Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

The Nuclear Meltdown Of This Boards Is Hilarious!

171 posts in this topic

As unbelievable as this might sound, I am actually surprised by some of the stuff I see certain people saying today.

I mean, I expected a meltdown after that game, but not quite as throrough as what has happened.

The Saints were sharp last night, no question about it. The Falcons were keeping up fine until that hold call on Jaquizz, then the whole game changed. It was very disappointing. A serious bummer.

But really, it doesn't matter. The game didn't matter. The Saints wouldn't have lost to Carolina with everything on the line next week, so the Falcons are ultimately in the same situation.

I see people who claim that they KNOW that this team is going nowhere with this coaching staff and GM. If you honestly feel that way, then you shouldn't tune in in two weeks when the Falcons play their playoff game. Why would you watch a game that is 100% guaranteed to bring you disappointment?

The Falcons are in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years and they've had 4 straight winning seasons, and most of the board wants to fire everybody.

I don't have the words.

vdove0926, Smiler11, dmite and 7 others like this

Actually, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, I did some "housecleaning" earlier, but other than that, the reactions I'm seeing are somewhat muted compared to other losses we've suffered.

Actually, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Well I expected swift to brin it hard this morning, and he has, but I didn't expect it from some people so much.

The Falcons are in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years and they've had 4 straight winning seasons, and most of the board wants to fire everybody.

WHOOPIE DOOO BRO ..

do we get a trophy for such case..

IS this team a current legit title contender?

d rather take the magical 98' Super Bowl run once every 10 years then have 4 straight winning seasons and NO playoff success

ELEVEN days off, and this was the best we can do? If someone said Matt would have no INT's & pass for 375 yds, what would you think? If you're satisfied with that, I have a bridge to sell you!

lasher1116 likes this

WHOOPIE DOOO BRO ..

d rather take the magical 98' Super Bowl run once every 10 years then have 4 straight winning seasons and NO playoff success

Stop watching then.

Shuswap likes this

Well the problem is how we got beat last night on national tv and smitty's post game comments to add have some fans seriously concerned about our playoff chances going forward. There is nothing wrong with being objective.

lasher1116 likes this

I think the criticism so far has been fair, justifiable, and civil.

I can't believe some think the game didn't matter.

Hey, once it's lost, it doesn't matter anymore.

Well the problem is how we got beat last night on national tv and smitty's post game comments to add have some fans seriously concerned about our playoff chances going forward. There is nothing wrong with being objective.

Well anybody who objectively thinks that all the people who run this franchise should be fired is an idiot.

ELEVEN days off, and this was the best we can do? If someone said Matt would have no INT's & pass for 375 yds, what would you think? If you're satisfied with that, I have a bridge to sell you!

I'm disappointed like everybody else, but I'm not going to be starting any "Fire Everybody" threads, cause I just think it's a stupid sentiment.

john_winger likes this

Well anybody who objectively thinks that all the people who run this franchise should be fired is an idiot.

Well maybe it's time for some chanages because it's obivious that our team is being out coached by winning teams in this league. Conservative thinking does not win championships, period!

lasher1116 likes this

Stop watching then.

why would I ?

I havent stopped watching 20 years ago ...why would I today ..My old man brought me up to be a Falcon fan and I will always fight through the pain and suffering to be one ..They will just always let me down

lasher1116 likes this

i think we are just caught in a time where the drew brees's - aaron rodgers of the world are doing Jordan type sh$t..unfortunate but we can only hope for a miracle..or a fa steal

As unbelievable as this might sound, I am actually surprised by some of the stuff I see certain people saying today.

I mean, I expected a meltdown after that game, but not quite as throrough as what has happened.

The Saints were sharp last night, no question about it. The Falcons were keeping up fine until that hold call on Jaquizz, then the whole game changed. It was very disappointing. A serious bummer.

But really, it doesn't matter. The game didn't matter. The Saints wouldn't have lost to Carolina with everything on the line next week, so the Falcons are ultimately in the same situation.

I see people who claim that they KNOW that this team is going nowhere with this coaching staff and GM. If you honestly feel that way, then you shouldn't tune in in two weeks when the Falcons play their playoff game. Why would you watch a game that is 100% guaranteed to bring you disappointment?

I don't have the words.

Hey Peyton, you should know that I usually agree with alot of your posts. I am one that don't think this team will make it anywhere under this regime. But it is only my opinion. If they do then I will we wrong, but winning it all will be worth being wrong.

While I hate to be negative, I have 30+ years of nothing but franchise failure.Kind of hard to be positive when you have been down this road so many times. I will be tuning in to see the game in 2 weeks because I am a diehard Falcons fan. Anything else would be uncivilized. In the back of my mind I will be thinking we can still win this game, but history will keep me in check.

WHOOPIE DOOO BRO ..

A Swift reply that I can actually get on board with.

Has this fanbase been so brainwashed/hypnotized/pacified over the decades of losing that THIS is what they are satisfied with.... Back to back playoff appearances?

Do the Falcons get a parade for that? A Ring? In the words of the ESPN crew....C'Mon Man!!

We arent doormats but we are FAR from an elite, true Super Bowl team. That this fanbase can satisfied with that almost seems to mimic the team itself as they appear to be content with just making the playoff cut.

"Look at how far we have come. Look at what we have accomplished over the last four years compared to the last 40"

Ok, I looked. Now what. We've gone from the bottom of the barrel to the middle.....not enough. Not enough for what the fans have endured over the years, not enough to win a championship, not enough to sigh with relief and feel good about how we are improved. Not enough.

PokerSteve likes this

why would I ?

I havent stopped watching 20 years ago ...why would I today ..My old man brought me up to be a Falcon fan and I will always fight through the pain and suffering to be one ..They will just always let me down

If I knew that doing something was guaranteed to make me as miserable as you are, I would stop doing it.

It would seem like an easy decision to me.

I don't have the words.

Reaaly? You know this how? Kind of you to come here and try and temper the fans disappointment with your infinite wisdom. But, despite all the bitching, we will be supporting this team despite your belief that all is well.

PokerSteve likes this

Hey Peyton, you should know that I usually agree with alot of your posts. I am one that don't think this team will make it anywhere under this regime. But it is only my opinion. If they do then I will we wrong, but winning it all will be worth being wrong.

While I hate to be negative, I have 30+ years of nothing but franchise failure.Kind of hard to be positive when you have been down this road so many times. I will be tuning in to see the game in 2 weeks because I am a diehard Falcons fan. Anything else would be uncivilized. In the back of my mind I will be thinking we can still win this game, but history will keep me in check.

Totally agree but a win last night could have told us alot about this team going forward.

The Falcons probably won't win against New Orleans in the playoffs. The simple truth of the matter is that their QB is just better than ours at this point, and the main reason is experience. Brees, Rodgers, and Brady are otherwordly. Ryan isn't there yet, but he might get there. This season makes me think that.

But you just don't blow up your franchise because you don't have Rodgers or Brees on your team. In my opinion that is a pretty assinine point of view.

Reaaly? You know this how? Kind of you to come here and try and temper the fans disappointment with your infinite wisdom. But, despite all the bitching, we will be supporting this team despite your belief that all is well.

LOL oh yeah that's what I am seeing here, support for the team.