Drew Brees Has A Message For Everyone....

WFW, if Matt Ryan had been in the same position as Drew Brees was last night (I doubt he ever would be, but that's a topic for another day) I would have absolutely no problem with him going for the record in the exact same way that Brees went for it last night...going into the last drive, he only needed 30 yards, and given that the score was already 38-16 at the time, the Falcons were not going to come back anyway...do you think he should have just deliberately avoided throwing the ball when the record was that close?

Listen dude, I have no problem with the Breesus breaking the record he deserved it, but the way the whole thing went down was against football protocol. I've heard more since last night and realized rat-faced boy told Breesus to go in and pass the ball with the huge lead and no time left. You can't blame Breesus for that but I will say this, Marino would've done it in game 16 under those circumstances and so would have Shula. If you don't like that you you can officially render yourself an honorary swamper for all I care.

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

***YAWN***

WAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa

You know, SR...

I think what has WFL so worked up about this game is that the result won't be easily forgotten. He has thrived on these forums by cherry-picking outlier results from over the decades - from the 60-burger from the 70's to the first meeting in 2008 - and holding these up as the only games that have ever mattered in the rivalry. Now his team gets absolutely HUMBLED in a meaningful game in clutch time with the entire sports world watching, and as if the manner of the victory wasn't memorable enough it also accompanies one of pro sports' all-time most beloved records falling during the contest.

34-20 just lost the last bit of venom still clinging to the stinger. This has been his security blanket for the last 4 cold winters and it just got SHREDDED.

The only thing that can warm him now are the crackling fires of base jealousy.

You know, SR...

I think what has WFL so worked up about this game is that the result won't be easily forgotten. He has thrived on these forums by cherry-picking outlier results from over the decades - from the 60-burger from the 70's to the first meeting in 2008 - and holding these up as the only games that have ever mattered in the rivalry. Now his team gets absolutely HUMBLED in a meaningful game in clutch time with the entire sports world watching, and as if the manner of the victory wasn't memorable enough it also accompanies one of pro sports' all-time most beloved records falling during the contest.

34-20 just lost the last bit of venom still clinging to the stinger. This has been his security blanket for the last 4 cold winters and it just got SHREDDED.

I agree Joe.

He is at the end of the day just an old man still in a timewarp from his victory celebration of the NFC wildcard games of a season ago. It was his fav #3 that pleasured him so greatly.

You know, SR...

Nice try jh...We survived the packers game last year we can survive this...I figure we can go to the meadowlands and start things off right up there!

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Heres the deal... ask any Saints fans how I used to bust on them when I first came to RC. We were at it constantly. Know who ruined that? certain Falcon fans here acting and being so stupid I could not bear to be lumped in with them. And then with you tATFers drifting down, I want to seperate myself more.Besides, its easier to make guys like you cry because the Saints have a Lombardi.

Yeah, PP, we used to go at it when I first got here. At least we back up our particular arguements with facts. Plus, most of your posts are pretty funny. Hard not to like you, Cowboy fan or not....

just sayin.