News Flash: Falcons Clinched Playoffs And Didn't Have Anything To Play For

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pride alone should have been plenty to play for...the guys next to you in the huddle could have added some inspiration. If that wasn't enough...your "big brother" was due for a whoopin and it was your turn to try...

They just got whooped...lets put it in the rearview and move on from it...stings for too long otherwise.

I don't think people get it. We play to win the game, but we were saving our best for the playoffs. You know, that something extra for the special games.

Ever stop to wonder why our offense always seems to be more creative and explosive, in big games? Because we pull out all the stunts and tricks.

Finally, it's not that bad that we lost. It's hard to beat a team 3 times in the same year. If we play the Saints again, we are almost guaranteed a win.

Hey Breh, Watch that video Poker Steve has in his Sig and that is what everybody is probably thinking of you right now........ like man this is some super duper homer strain we have never seen before. You are the Incredible Hulk of Homerism... Congrats

News flash for all the fake fans here. Yes, we didn't play our best today, but coming into the game, we had clinched a playoff berth, meaning we really didn't have anything to play for. It wasn't like we could win the NFC south or anything.

Ever think we were saving our best for the playoffs? TD and Co are much smarter than revealing their hand to a divisional rival, especially one that we might face again.

Plus why get injured in a meaningless game. Yeah, Brees' record was on the line but he had 2 games to break it, which means it was pretty much going to happen.

Beat the Bucs and we're going to be hot for the playoffs, although I wouldn't be surprised if we lost so that we can save our best for a playoff run.

Arthur? Is that you?

NEWS FLASH:

You should have your opinion, and posting ability stripped. Are you ******* clueless? We have a lot to play for. Have you forgotten that we are sending a first round to Cleveland? Do you know what determines that pick? OUR RECORD. Wake up moron.

Second, with the way Carolina is playing, they could beat NO this Sunday, and were left with ANOTHER missed opportunity. You homers that come here and act as if we had nothing to play for are clueless. Go tell Smitty, TD or Blank we had nothing to play for.

I only have one question...If you say the implications of a coach telling his players to lay down and the major repercussions that it brings w/ letting players think that it's ok to lose., etc.. Why is it do you think Green Bay will do it against Detroit?

Because, it is a very different scenario than what we were facing. Green Bay's game is meaningless to them. In their situation, the risk of having key players getting injured right before the playoffs would not be worth it. There was too much on the line in our game to not have everyone out there giving it all they have. Green Bay's game is meaningless, ours was not... that is the difference.

I also don't think Green Bay's staff is going to let whomever does play go easy either. If it's Rodgers & co. or the 2nd stringers out there, they will still be playing to win.

News flash for all the fake fans here. Yes, we didn't play our best today, but coming into the game, we had clinched a playoff berth, meaning we really didn't have anything to play for. It wasn't like we could win the NFC south or anything.

Ever think we were saving our best for the playoffs? TD and Co are much smarter than revealing their hand to a divisional rival, especially one that we might face again.

Plus why get injured in a meaningless game. Yeah, Brees' record was on the line but he had 2 games to break it, which means it was pretty much going to happen.

Beat the Bucs and we're going to be hot for the playoffs, although I wouldn't be surprised if we lost so that we can save our best for a playoff run.

On national TV ??????

I only have one question...If you say the implications of a coach telling his players to lay down and the major repercussions that it brings w/ letting players think that it's ok to lose., etc.. Why is it do you think Green Bay will do it against Detroit?

No one said that we were laying down. We played this game like any other game with the exception that our special plays and packages that we have are being saved for our playoff run. Our players weren't told to take the day off.

We played more safely because we are saving our best for the playoffs. Our extended week worked out perfect for us because it's like an additional bye week. That's why Smith told our guys to take some days off so they can rest for the PLAYOFFS!

Edited by i like falcon

NEWS FLASH:

You should have your opinion, and posting ability stripped. Are you ******* clueless? We have a lot to play for. Have you forgotten that we are sending a first round to Cleveland? Do you know what determines that pick? OUR RECORD. Wake up moron.

Second, with the way Carolina is playing, they could beat NO this Sunday, and were left with ANOTHER missed opportunity. You homers that come here and act as if we had nothing to play for are clueless. Go tell Smitty, TD or Blank we had nothing to play for.

NEWS FLASH! We have a stud in Julio Jones now. What does the Cleveland picks have to do with anything?

Edited by i like falcon

You call people fake fans and clearly weren't aware that they could still win the division and a home game? GTFO of here.

I'm not one of the wannabe fans here who drag the winningest coaches we've ever had, the winningest group of players we've ever had, and he winningest GM we've ever had through mud.

No one said that we were laying down. We played this game like any other game with the exception that our special plays and packages that we have are being saved for our playoff run. Our players weren't told to take the day off.

We played more safely because we are saving our best for the playoffs. Our extended week worked out perfect for us because it's like an additional bye week. That's why Smith told our guys to take some days off so they can rest for the PLAYOFFS!

With everything that was on the line for us in that game, it was (for all intents & purposes) a playoff game. You don't "save your best" in a situation like that, you use your best in a situation like that.

With everything that was on the line for us in that game, it was (for all intents & purposes) a playoff game. You don't "save your best" in a situation like that, you use your best in a situation like that.

We had already clinched a playoff berth so that was no way close to a playoff game. A playoff game is where if you lose, you are out, which was not the case at all. Chances are, we will play the Saints again in the playoffs and that's when we'll pull out all the tricks.

We had already clinched a playoff berth so that was no way close to a playoff game. A playoff game is where if you lose, you are out, which was not the case at all. Chances are, we will play the Saints again in the playoffs and that's when we'll pull out all the tricks.

We had a shot at winning the division had we won that game, which would've meant playing a game in the playoffs at home rather than playing all of our games on the road. Obviously it wasn't ACTUALLY a playoff game, but the Falcons **** well should've approached it as one. The fact that after being called out for four pages in this thread, you STILL don't get it, makes me think you are either 12 years old, or you ate lead paint chips as a child.

We had a shot at winning the division had we won that game, which would've meant playing a game in the playoffs at home rather than playing all of our games on the road. Obviously it wasn't ACTUALLY a playoff game, but the Falcons **** well should've approached it as one. The fact that after being called out for four pages in this thread, you STILL don't get it, makes me think you are either 12 years old, or you ate lead paint chips as a child.

Why should they approach it like a playoff game when the REAL playoffs start in a couple of weeks and more likely or not, we will play the Saints then? The win that matters the most is that one, the one in the playoffs, and not the one where Brees is breaking some regular season record set by a Superbowl winless Marino.

Don't question TD or the coaches. It's all under control.

Edited by i like falcon

Why should they approach it like a playoff game when the REAL playoffs start in a couple of weeks and more likely or not, we will play the Saints then? The win that matters the most is that one, the one in the playoffs, and not the one where Brees is breaking some regular season record set by a Superbowl winless Marino.

Don't question TD or the coaches. It's all under control.

Oh my freakin' God, are you really that clueless?

That game was VERY f#@king important for a multitude of reasons that have already been stated in this thread NUMEROUS times.

You do understand that we had a chance to go from playing on the road in the playoffs as a 5 or 6 seed to possibly playing at home as the 2 seed had we won that game don't you? How is that not important?

You do understand that losing to a team that already beat you this season, and that you will probably see in the playoffs can have some serious negative psychological effects on your team in the playoffs don't you? How is that not important?

You do understand that the Falcons are 2-8 vs. the Saints under Smith & co., and so it's pretty dang meaningful to NOT keep that trend going, so the Saints feel like they own us... don't you? How is that not important?

Yes, the Falcons are in the playoffs, but winning that game could've made their lives much, much easier in the playoffs. How the heck is that not HUGE????????

Oh my freakin' God, are you really that clueless?

That game was VERY f#@king important for a multitude of reasons that have already been stated in this thread NUMEROUS times.

You do understand that we had a chance to go from playing on the road in the playoffs as a 5 or 6 seed to possibly playing at home as the 2 seed had we won that game don't you? How is that not important?

You do understand that losing to a team that already beat you this season, and that you will probably see in the playoffs can have some serious negative psychological effects on your team in the playoffs don't you? How is that not important?

You do understand that the Falcons are 2-8 vs. the Saints under Smith & co., and so it's pretty dang meaningful to NOT keep that trend going, so the Saints feel like they own us... don't you? How is that not important?

Yes, the Falcons are in the playoffs, but winning that game could've made their lives much, much easier in the playoffs. How the heck is that not HUGE????????

When the Falcons go on their playoff run and impress everyone, I can only hope you got back onto the bandwagon by then.

When the Falcons go on their playoff run and impress everyone, I can only hope you got back onto the bandwagon by then.

Says the boy with 36 posts... laugh.png

I've been on the "bandwagon" since 1987, child. Get a clue.

Besides, where the f@#k have you seen me say ANYTHING AT ALL pertaining to the idea that the Falcons will not win in the playoffs? I've been supporting this team through thick and thin since before you were even a tadpole swimming in your daddy's sack, so don't even try to come at me, or anybody else on here with your whack-azzed, clueless, confused B.S.

A word of advice... if you're gonna hang around here, maybe do more listening first rather than just running your mouth about things you obviously have no clue about. You might actually learn a thing or two.

Edited by k-train

Just a troll post. I don't think anybody is actually this stupid.

Says the boy with 36 posts... laugh.png

I've been on the "bandwagon" since 1987, child. Get a clue.

Besides, where the f@#k have you seen me say ANYTHING AT ALL pertaining to the idea that the Falcons will not win in the playoffs? I've been supporting this team through thick and thin since before you were even a tadpole swimming in your daddy's sack, so don't even try to come at me, or anybody else on here with your whack-azzed, clueless, confused B.S.

A word of advice... if you're gonna hang around here, maybe do more listening first rather than just running your mouth about things you obviously have no clue about. You might actually learn a thing or two.

I'm just tired of people posting negative stuff about the Falcons when we are witnessing the most success in franchise history. People that criticize the Falcons aren't really Falcons fans because you don't criticize things you like.

I didn't mean to say you aren't a Falcons fan but hard to tell who's real and who's fake with all the 'fire everyone threads' or 'dunta/edwards are busts'.

Like or hike. You either like the Falcons or you take a hike.