45 Burger I Suppose Settles Any Debate....

I still have my doubts. The falcons really put a whoopin on y'all and if it weren't for some iffy penalties you shoulda lost. Easily.

I appreciate the sarcasm vanilla.

The debate is over in my mind and to be honest there never really was much of one this year. I'm happy we're in the playoffs but today's loss exposed all of the things that are keeping the Falcons from being a true SB contender, such as:

• no consistent pass rush from the DL
  • the Falcons are not a great running team anymore. The Oline's push is average at best and Turner has lost half a step or a quick burst or something.

Watching the teams play tonight and the differences really stood out:

• I'm not going to compare Atlanta's passing game versus NO's. NO has struck football gold with the combo of Brees/Payton and this offense is a potent as has every played in the NFL. It is awesome and it is a historic standard.
  • NO's Oline is much better than Atlanta's - better at moving bodies and better at protection.
  • Do you see know why a moan and piss about Atlanta's lack of screen passes?
  • GW will force you to make a quick decision. I have no problem with his blitzing.

We'll likely have to play @ NO in rd.1. I don't care, if I'm BVG then I'm sending a minimum of 6 players at Brees on every play and i don't care if he hits whoever with 80 + yd TD's. At least that play will take 10 seconds and you get the ball back instead of one long drive after another, one 3rd down conversion after another.

I can only tip my hat to NO - exceptionally well run organization and as long as you have Payton/Brees you guys will be a SB contender - along with GB you're the class of the NFC.

BTW, I'm not throwing in the towel, if we meet again then that game will have to played and we'll see how it goes. But the evidence is right before us - back to the drawing board.

The debate is over in my mind and to be honest there never really was much of one this year. I'm happy we're in the playoffs but today's loss exposed all of the things that are keeping the Falcons from being a true SB contender, such as:

• the Falcons are not a great running team anymore. The Oline's push is average at best and Turner has lost half a step or a quick burst or something.

• I'm not going to compare Atlanta's passing game versus NO's. NO has struck football gold with the combo of Brees/Payton and this offense is a potent as has every played in the NFL. It is awesome and it is a historic standard.
  • NO's Oline is much better than Atlanta's - better at moving bodies and better at protection.
  • GW will force you to make a quick decision. I have no problem with his blitzing.

We'll likely have to play @ NO in rd.1. I don't care, if I'm BVG then I'm sending a minimum of 6 players at Brees on every play and i don't care if he hits whoever with 80 + yd TD's. At least that play will take 10 seconds and you get the ball back instead of one long drive after another, one 3rd down conversion after another.

I can only tip my hat to NO - exceptionally well run organization and as long as you have Payton/Brees you guys will be a SB contender - along with GB you're the class of the NFC.

BTW, I'm not throwing in the towel, if we meet again then that game will have to played and we'll see how it goes. But the evidence is right before us - back to the drawing board.

Great post. Sums up my thoughts nicely.

The man up post of the day. Well done Sir.

The falcons had success attacking the seams. Julio and TG can cause a d fits running up the middle of the field. I don't know why ice doesn't attack that part of the field more. I'm sick of the quick slants, stop routes and out routes. Especially the stop routes and I'm not even a falcon fan. I can't wait until Sunday night though.

Sorry man, I really thought you were being sarcastic to rub it in. As for the bolded part - can you imagine how we feel?! This is one of the reasons why I'm critical of MM.

My first post was sarcastic. My second was my honest opinion ofthe falcons O. The plays work and are high percentage, but I just feel like you need to get your horses in position to catch the ball and run. We've all seen what Julio does with those opportunities when he's not dropping the ball.

You're killing me - I even apologized to you laugh.png