In All Seriousness, Congrats To Brees

kudos to Brees & Co....they earned it!

They are a far superior team & simply they own falcons...hands down!

It was not even a contest....we simply do not have enough weapons to match up.

Now I will never blame the media or mods for downplaying us.

We are what our record speaks...

I really feel the pain for TOny G right now...NOT 1 playoff win..& again this year looks like an impossible task.

I hate that the two teams I hate the most have two truley classy QB's (GB and NO) and are both very talented. For the first time that I can remember I was pissed at our team and not at them. Ya the refs had some BS calls but most of them were once the game was out of reach (other than Lofton's Unnecisary Roughness Penalty). You can also arguee at the offsides call that was missed and other cheap hits we had on our receivers that weren't called...but regardless, we just played horrible...if we could just play every playoff game on only 4 days we would be set...we seem to suck if we have any extra time off against a good team. This was very similar to the playoff game against GB and for a while I didin't think we would ever force them to punt. Luckily this came in the regular season and not post season.

For thosw Ryan haters it wasn't his fault tonight. He had a great night and had more drops, horrible penalties from linemen/RBs/receivers and had zero help from his defense. I like how Spoon and Lofton were compared to Briggs/Urlacher and then the put up a horrid showing...

Either way, congrats to Bree's, sucks it happens against us, on Monday night, on the final drive, on a TD pass (not sure if you could draw it up better) but he earned it and our defense (mainly D.Rob and Franks) did NOTHING to stop it.

I hate that the two teams I hate the most have two truley classy QB's (GB and NO) and are both very talented. For the first time that I can remember I was pissed at our team and not at them. Ya the refs had some BS calls but most of them were once the game was out of reach (other than Lofton's Unnecisary Roughness Penalty). You can also arguee at the offsides call that was missed and other cheap hits we had on our receivers that weren't called...but regardless, we just played horrible...if we could just play every playoff game on only 4 days we would be set...we seem to suck if we have any extra time off against a good team. This was very similar to the playoff game against GB and for a while I didin't think we would ever force them to punt. Luckily this came in the regular season and not post season.

For thosw Ryan haters it wasn't his fault tonight. He had a great night and had more drops, horrible penalties from linemen/RBs/receivers and had zero help from his defense. I like how Spoon and Lofton were compared to Briggs/Urlacher and then the put up a horrid showing...

Either way, congrats to Bree's, sucks it happens against us, on Monday night, on the final drive, on a TD pass (not sure if you could draw it up better) but he earned it and our defense (mainly D.Rob and Franks) did NOTHING to stop it.

I will say exactly what I said in the gameday chat.

Congratulations to Drew Brees. It is truly a remarkable accomplishment.

That being said, I hope against all hope (and, after what I just saw, apparently against all logic) that we find a way to march back in there in two weeks and wipe that mole off his f***ing face.

This is exactly how I feel. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I know people around these parts aren't scared of the Saints (for the record, nor am I). But right now the Saints might be the best NFC team. Yes, better than the Packs! We need to avoid these guys. I really don't wanna see them in the playoffs...and that's not talking scared, that's just being smart.

But if we gotta play em again, I want Brees with a target on his head. I don't care if they have a great O-line. I want him hit...hit hard and hit often.

Ugh I hope everyone knows if Marino had played-in today's NFL he would throw for 7000 yrds a year

They actually put up a stat during the game that showed that Brees has thrown more passes for more yards than the average QB nowadays than Marino did as compared to the QBs in his days. I know you can twist the stats to say anything, but Brees' record is impressive no matter how you put it.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate him...

They actually put up a stat during the game that showed that Brees has thrown more passes for more yards than the average QB nowadays than Marino did as compared to the QBs in his days. I know you can twist the stats to say anything, but Brees' record is impressive no matter how you put it.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate him...

Brady will probably break Breese record this Sunday lol he only needs like 220 yds

He got the record he deserves that but the excuse for the way he got it? I'm not buying that! He felt his 4th quarter was bad and he wanted to get the team going up by 22 points with 2 minutes left? I'll leave that up to others to decide if that was bush league or not!

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Who cares? Only haters are making a big deal of this.

He got the record he deserves that but the excuse for the way he got it? I'm not buying that! He felt his 4th quarter was bad and he wanted to get the team going up by 22 points with 2 minutes left? I'll leave that up to others to decide if that was bush league or not!

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Waaaaaaaa

Brees is on national TV with a chance to break the alltime record.

You think the right thing to do was sit on the ball when the record is 30 yards away?

You mad?

Edited by SaintRay

It's not Brees's fault that the Falcons D couldn't stop him. I mean what do you want him to do? NOT go for a record that's stood for 27 years just they don't want to rub it in? Normally I'm all for pulling out your starters, running the time out, etc when you already have the game in hand...but this was a unique scenario.

Funny though, I get kind of upset when other teams pull their starters against my team in a blowout. To me it's more embarrassing than them leaving in their starters and playing like the game is tied. It feels more like a slap in the face than it would be for them to keep trying to score. But when the situation is reversed, I want us to pull our starters.

It's a remarkable feat and firmly establishes Brees as a future HOF'er after he had already proven himself one of the best of his generation.

As far as him putting up points way ahead with a few minutes to go, there wasn't any point in not getting the rest of it, we sure as sh1t weren't going to stop him. I'm not jumping in with the TATF crowd in declaring that we need to fire the coordinators before the end of the week, but if Van Gorder's going to go as vanilla as humanly possible and dare great quarterbacks to make highlight reels, we either need to facilitate that scheme with an interior pass rush or a more creative DC that can figure out something for the playmakers on our defense to be doing instead of picking their noses while the Brees's and Rodgers's of the league violate our safeties and nickle/dime corners. Even considering who we were up against, there's no excuse for doing that poorly on third down, especially when we had extra time to prepare.

Edited by Serge