Turner Really Is Regressing

FalconofShadows

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this... The guy is still a really good RB but i wouldnt be surprised if we draft a RB (depending on how we attack FA...

I dont think its on turner tho... I dont see as many run lanes like i used to see mixed with mularkeys "You know we will run on 1st down mentality (not knocking Mularkey.. But it is what it is) " ...

I would look at getting a faster/shifty everydown back soon tho (this year or next year)....

Lets give Turner his props tho.. The guy is still playing really good... 621 of his yards gained are after contact yards... Its just the type of runner Turner is.. He has build up speed.. He needs a run lane to hit to get started.... Thats why i dont get why we use turner on sweep plays and not quizz mostly... Unless its perfectly blocked.. Turner is going to be stopped if any type of penetration happen..

Two things:

1) The coaching staff has to implement more of Snelling and Rodgers into our game planning;

2) However, Turner is still a premier running back in the league.

Not being negative but is averaging 2.9 yards a carry... I couldnt believe that when i saw that stat...

I think part of the reason for that stat is our team is not run blocking like they should be

Not being negative but is averaging 2.9 yards a carry... I couldnt believe that when i saw that stat...

I think part of the reason for that stat is our team is not run blocking like they should be

Mularkey needs to dictate the run through the pass...get the linebackers to back off of the line some with passes behind them in the intermediate range with Harry and Tony..then smash inside with Mike. He's hurt too though..it's visible..he doesn't look the same at all.

I wouldnt say garbage but i do think thats the biggest part of why that stat is what that stat is... Ovie injury is part of it also

Agree...They're not garbage but they're not very good either..

The O-line has been patchwork all season. Start with continuity problems brought on by the departure of Dahl. Add lost time injuries to Baker, McClure and Johnson, nagging injuries to Svitek. Mix in some spotty play by Reynolds and Hawley. This is no group of All-Stars to begin with, but to call them garbage is way off base.

What else? The loss of Ovie? The predictability of most first-and-ten calls?

Turner's not regressing. He's just past his peak and looking at a downslope, but I won't castigate him for not being flashy or having a 1700 yard season again.

I also think we have faced some tough defenses the last couple of weeks. J-Ville is not world beaters but they have a very good run defense. As does Houston, Carolina(much improved), Tennessee, Minnesota. None of the D-lines on these teams are easy to run against. Yes I think the O-Line can be improved but Turner will have a big night on Monday. THAT IS MONEY IN THE BANK