Ok Enough Trollin: Saints Vs Falcons Matchup Discussion

Guest Muchmaligned

The falcons have played in the superdome at prime time.

and when the falcons hit big plays it got quiet......its just like any other stadium.

When the opposing teams hit big plays they take the crowd out of the game

when was this?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think for the falcons to win ryan will have to have a huge game. i haven't said this much in the falcons/saints matchups but i think the saints run d will have the advantage over the falcons run o. defense needs to take away the big play. last four games the falcons d has held the saints o, in regulation, to 23, 17, 24, and 23. if they do that again that will be enough for the falcons to win.

I absolutely love the way you guys break things down to prove a point.rolleyes.gif

Do the saints NOt havea record vs a Ryan lead team of only 3-2?

And if the falcons do indeed pull out a win as I expect them too does that not mean the saints will only be 3-3 vs Ryan?

And before you say anything you know good ******** well you would use the injury excuse if Brees missed a game so dont even go there.

So again are the saints only 3-2 vs Ryan?

Do the saints NOt havea record vs a Ryan lead team of only 3-2?

And if the falcons do indeed pull out a win as I expect them too does that not mean the saints will only be 3-3 vs Ryan?

And before you say anything you know good ******** well you would use the injury excuse if Brees missed a game so dont even go there.

So again are the saints only 3-2 vs Ryan?

honestly bro, most saints fans dont care about the brees ryan record, were more worried about the payton atlanta record. ryan isnt important yet

honestly bro, most saints fans dont care about the brees ryan record, were more worried about the payton atlanta record. ryan isnt important yet

And that is why it is difficult to take you guys seriously.

What Payton did vs the falcons in 2006 and 07 totally moot now as we have totally different coaches staffs and 95% of the roster is different, in cluding the most important positions like Qb, Rb, & LB.

If you can barely beat him 50% of the time I would say he is pretty **** important.

What Payton did vs the falcons in 2006 and 07 totally moot now as we have totally different coaches staffs and 95% of the roster is different, in cluding the most important positions like Qb, Rb, & LB.

If you can barely beat him 50% of the time I would say he is pretty **** important.

roster changes happen every year

ok ok

4-2

of course it's important to them. don't let it fool you. it was important enough to where they took pictures on the field after the game. LMAO from a team that just won the superbowl? notice the falcons didn't take pictures on their field after beating them there last year.

of course it's important to them. don't let it fool you. it was important enough to where they took pictures on the field after the game. LMAO from a team that just won the superbowl? notice the falcons didn't take pictures on their field after beating them there last year.

beating the falcons is important

ryan not at all

Injuries are part of the game. The Saints have a winning record over our current regime 08-present. I will count that game where Ryan didn't play cause the same **** could happen to Brees and i wouldn't want to hear that WELL IF BREES WAS PLAYING. The Falcons are 2-5 against the Saints under this regime. Let's try and even that out monday night.

Injuries are part of the game. The Saints have a winning record over our current regime 08-present. I will count that game where Ryan didn't play cause the same **** could happen to Brees and i wouldn't want to hear that WELL IF BREES WAS PLAYING. The Falcons are 2-5 against the Saints under this regime. Let's try and even that out monday night.

you do realize 3-5 still isnt even

roster changes happen every year

ok ok

4-2

Yes roster changes happen but the "core players" are all different.

You braggin about what happened 2 years BEFORE smitty and Ryan got here is like the falcons bragging about the falcons brutalizing the saints under Mike Ditka and Halth Shuler/Danny Wourfell/ Kerry Collins

For the Falcons, Julio needs to stay healthy and take attention away from the rest of the offense. Last time we didn't get going until well into the fourth quarter, mostly with the help of some badly blown coverages, and that had a lot to do with only being able to put three receivers the defense had to respect (Roddy, Douglas and Gonzo) on the field. If Julio forces the defense to account for him and Roddy plays to his abilities we can keep up in a shootout, if not it's going to be like last time, going all out and hoping we can take advantage when the Saints try to close it out late.

The other big things are the secondary and the pass rush. We haven't been healthy there all year and we haven't gotten four good quarters out of both guys back there yet save for the Jacksonville game. The Saints are going to want the deep ball to keep the safeties back and keep the middle of the field open, the only way to take that away from them is a good pass rush and a secondary that doesn't blink when Brees looks deep.

I think we have a good chance in this one but the defense needs to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves and the offense can't give Brees too many chances with three and outs. The Saints will make enough mistakes, but the Falcons need to play good football and outlast them, something we haven't done with any consistency this year and what our team's design requires to be great.

Yes roster changes happen but the "core players" are all different.

You braggin about what happened 2 years BEFORE smitty and Ryan got here is like the falcons bragging about the falcons brutalizing the saints under Mike Ditka and Halth Shuler/Danny Wourfell/ Kerry Collins

so bragging about MY COACHES accomplishments are insane?

When you are talking about "accomplishments" that happened against another regime yes.

It has no meaning and bears no weight on the game at hand.

What he has done against Ryan DOES. Because Ryan can atone...a vick lead team under Mora can not.

what brees has done against ryan means nothing for MNF either

different night different time same batman outcome

I like the fact that ATL has had a few extra days off because of last weeks Thursday game w/Jax. An extra day or two of rest can mean a lot this late in the season. If Atlanta can stay in it for the first 3 quarters, I don't find it far fetched to think that those extra days off will mean a lot late in that 4th quarter come Monday night. I like to give the advantage to the home team here because last time Atlanta played in a tough environment (Houston) we looked really sloppy. Having said that, it's a division game that both teams have probably had circled since the season started, and we know each other extremely well. This will be a close game and will most likely come down to who has last possession.

Go Birds.

Edited by cnasty