Ok Enough Trollin: Saints Vs Falcons Matchup Discussion

Saints are not built to play like that.... they just need to do what they do, they go to trying to do something dif, they will be out thinking themselves ... and they will be in Trouble, Falcons play their game and Saints do the same, we are looking at another barn burner.... and thats what we all want to see anyway.... see ya Mon Night....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately for you all the Falcons don't run a lot of screens............or do they?huh.png

Screens? no but we do run alot of shorter routes like smoke routes and shallow drags to get Julio and Roddy open and in space.

so while not traditional screens we do an excellent job of getting the ball in the hands of the playmakers .

Saints are not built to play like that.... they just need to do what they do, they go to trying to do something dif, they will be out thinking themselves ... and they will be in Trouble, Falcons play their game and Saints do the same, we are looking at another barn burner.... and thats what we all want to see anyway.... see ya Mon Night....

i know were not but thats why i said we have no idea what to expect from either team

The ATL is playing good ball without question. I'm thinking the diff will be can MR run the offense with all that noise.... Will he have to call and burn through the timeouts just to get the play in, false starts and all that will factor in as well. Will be a great game as usual and further strengthen my point that both ATL/NO games should be in prime time.

The ATL is playing good ball without question. I'm thinking the diff will be can MR run the offense with all that noise.... Will he have to call and burn through the timeouts just to get the play in, false starts and all that will factor in as well. Will be a great game as usual and further strengthen my point that both ATL/NO games should be in prime time.

The noise is a good point. We had issues with that in Houston.

The good thing is we are used to the Superdome so it would not be as big of a problem.

Like I said even the loudest crowds quiet down after a couple big plays.

If Atlanta can get a couple big runs out of turner or big catch and runs out of julio I think they can take the crowd out of it.

Yeah cause i don't really have faith in MM's playcalling. Great play design but his playcalling is horrendous. Both Falcons Saints should be monday night. Period. the last 4 years we've both been pretty consistent teams with a great team sprinkled in (10 for us 09 for you) Both of us are usually in the playoffs too and every game seems to come down to a FG. If we were based in the northeast it would happen.

Edited by Ethan...Again

Yeah cause i don't really have faith in MM's playcalling. Great play design but his playcalling is horrendous. Both Falcons Saints should be monday night. Period. the last 4 years we've both been pretty consistent teams with a great team sprinkled in (10 for us 09 for you) Both of us are usually in the playoffs too and every game seems to come down to a FG. If we were based in the northeast it would happen.

I know, from a pure football view, our rivalry is THE BEST in the NFL. No disrespect to the NFCE, but our rivalry is on a blood feud level.

I know, from a pure football view, our rivalry is THE BEST in the NFL. No disrespect to the NFCE, but our rivalry is on a blood feud level.

See i've never minded the Saints true fans. Usually pretty easy to get a long with. It's the bandwagoners i can't stand. Course you can say the same for any good team so meh.

Edited by Ethan...Again

either both on MNF or have one on SNF or TNF.....something our games deserve prime time.

\Especially with guys like Ryan and Brees leading their teams.

If Atlanta can get a couple big runs out of turner or big catch and runs out of julio I think they can take the crowd out of it.

This is a LITTLE different. Have you been in the Superdome during primetime? Even before the Brees era began, it gets kinda crazy after dark in there.

Yeah, crowd noise will make running the no-huddle tough for Ryan, and that's when he's at his best.

Big key for the Saints is for the DBs to tackle. Since his Bama days Julio's best skill taking an 8 yard completion, breaking a tackle and making everyone on the field look slow and feeble. We've got to contain him. And of course, there's always Turner who will have 10 2 yard runs followed by a 30, rinse and repeat.

Falcons' D just needs to hold on tight. Try to limit big plays, force a couple punts or even TOs and hope the O can put up enought points. Their LBs are probably one of the most underrated positional units in the league. They do a great job of forcing the run game outside the tackles and have the athletes at DB and OLB to come up and make the play.

This one - as usual - will probably come down to big plays in special teams (blocked kick, big return) and FGs. Kasay has been the weakest link on the Saints team these last few weeks. Any rational Saints fan will tell you they are anxious when he lines up outside 40.

This is a LITTLE different. Have you been in the Superdome during primetime? Even before the Brees era began, it gets kinda crazy after dark in there.

The falcons have played in the superdome at prime time.

and when the falcons hit big plays it got quiet......its just like any other stadium.

When the opposing teams hit big plays they take the crowd out of the game

The falcons have played in the superdome at prime time.

and when the falcons hit big plays it got quiet......its just like any other stadium.

When the opposing teams hit big plays they take the crowd out of the game

well they are still kinda loud, they are just boos instead of cheers lol.... esp when its The Falcons in Town, we get Booed alot in NOLA lol

Yeah, crowd noise will make running the no-huddle tough for Ryan, and that's when he's at his best.

Big key for the Saints is for the DBs to tackle. Since his Bama days Julio's best skill taking an 8 yard completion, breaking a tackle and making everyone on the field look slow and feeble. We've got to contain him. And of course, there's always Turner who will have 10 2 yard runs followed by a 30, rinse and repeat.

Falcons' D just needs to hold on tight. Try to limit big plays, force a couple punts or even TOs and hope the O can put up enought points. Their LBs are probably one of the most underrated positional units in the league. They do a great job of forcing the run game outside the tackles and have the athletes at DB and OLB to come up and make the play.

This one - as usual - will probably come down to big plays in special teams (blocked kick, big return) and FGs. Kasay has been the weakest link on the Saints team these last few weeks. Any rational Saints fan will tell you they are anxious when he lines up outside 40.

Good post 'Coconuts'.