Ohhhh D. Orlando Ledbetter Said Unlike 49Ers, The Falcons Don’T Have A Signature Win!

What's a signature win. Has NO had one since they're contenders. Was the Philly game in wk 2. a signature win since the Eagles man handled The Rams and The Bears embarrassed us. DLed is an idiot. We beat Det. on the road. If we beat Hou. its oh well they had 3rd string QB. If we beat NO at home first time it would've been by a field goal. They SQUEAKED by with a field goal. I guess the only one that really would've counted was a W vs GB. Wins only count 1 way. You don't get style points like the NCAA. Falcons just need to play ball like they have the last 6 quarters. Looks like the whole team is clicking. I don't care if its a blowout or a 1 point nail bitter all that matter is that W.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. So a home win over the Steelers, missing 5 Pro Bowlers and using a one legged QB, is a bigger statement game then a win on the road against a playoff contender (Detroit)?!? Okaaaaayyyyy. The Steelers are 1-4 against playoff teams this year and their sole win was at home. We beat Detroit 23-16 on their homefield. I'd say that's a bigger statement game.

a healthy Ben shreds 49ers defense.

49ers look like complete crap 3/4 that game.

not afraid of the 49ers

Ok. So a home win over the Steelers, missing 5 Pro Bowlers and using a one legged QB, is a bigger statement game then a win on the road against a playoff contender (Detroit)?!? Okaaaaayyyyy. The Steelers are 1-4 against playoff teams this year and their sole win was at home. We beat Detroit 23-16 on their homefield. I'd say that's a bigger statement game.

You want a signature? I LOVE our signature. Our signature is that we DON'T CRAP THE BED. EVER. We might lose at home occasionally to the truly elite in the NFL, but we DON'T go lose on the road to the Rams. We DON'T lose to the freakin' Cardinals and Browns like the Saints did last year. "Inconsistent" BS!!!!!! Under the Smith regime we take care of business EVERY TIME.

I'm sorry we don't have the win against Green Bay or road win against the Saints like last year. But it is SWEET to KNOW that we are not going to let the Bucs, Panthers, Titans, Jags etc come into our house and pull an upset.

I have not done the research, but I would bet that the Falcons have the best record when favored in the NFL. (Vegas got duped on the Texans game, they win with their Wade Phillips defense these days.).

D. Can have his "signature win". Personally, I'd rather wake up with unsoiled sheets.

nah, we were favored in both playoff appearances, and loaded the bed with funky fudge. big deal to bve a road playoff favorite.

our signature win hasnt come yet, but these playoffs would be a good place to start. as it is breaking down, looks like we face the nfce champ then on to NOLA or GB.

now 2 road playoff wins heading to nfccg would be a signature.

swift, i cant agreee a signature win win against carolina. they have choked in every second half and they did with us.

i will say this team is on a roll now playing some bad teams and putting it to em is great for confidence,

The Chiefs,Rams,Jags,Bills,Bucs,Panthers all have this "so-called" signature win but they are all eliminated from playoff contention. What does this elusive signature win do for you?

^^^This! They all have "signature" wins, but will all be sitting at home watching the playoffs on TV. So, what was Ledbetter's point again? huh.png

I understand that DLed constantly has to come up with topics, and I can appreciate the challenge of that, but he constantly writes meaningless garbage. It's like I've said many times this year, only two things matter in today's NFL.

1. Win enough games to make the playoffs.

2. Play your best football when you get there.

That's it. Those are the only things that matter. Signature wins? Just nonsense.

Read that earlier today and was like, whatever. The only "signature" win that matters is the one that gets us the Lombardi. Until then, I don't really care that we don't have a signature win.

I am with you on this thought baker.

A "signature win" in reality is just the falcons beating "that particular weeks" new media darling and or long standing media giant. To be perfectly honest. who cares?

oh and for the record.. The Article explains that the Falcons don't have a signature win then goes on to state,

Their signature win was a 23-16 slugfest with the Detroit Lions (9-5) on Oct. 23.

Can any of these "so called" analysts, Journalist, what ever, ever get their story straight so that it at least appears to be a valid point? nope.. probably because they have yet to post a "Signature Piece" of their own...... :-)

GO FALCONS!